Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help needed with custom gametypes

I'm trying to add two custom gametypes to the end-of-map voting list but I'm not having a lot of success:

Code:
//InstaGib Gametype
alias instagib "gametype dm;g_instagib 1"
alias noinstagib "gametype dm;g_instagib 0"

addvote instagib
addvote noinstagib

sv_vote_gametype_instagib_name "Instagib"
sv_vote_gametype_instagib_description "Instagib Deathmatch"
sv_vote_gametype_instagib_type "dm"
alias sv_vote_gametype_hook_instagib "instagib"

//sv_vote_gametype_mygametype_name "My Mode" // Name displayed for the custom gametype "mygametype" (replace "mygametype" with the name you set in sv_vote_gametype_options)
//sv_vote_gametype_mygametype_type "ft" // the basetype that the custom gametype is derived from
//sv_vote_gametype_mygametype_description "This is my custom gametype" // the description for the custom gametype
//// Custom icons for custom gametypes are supported and have to be located in a server pk3 as gfx/menu/default/gametype_mygametype
Duel shows up in the list, but doesn't appear to work correctly (it plays as a straight deathmatch game). I've commented it out just in case I've broken something by overwriting it. The instagib cvars just return an error when they're loaded:

Though there is a second weird error that shows up when the vote screen is rendered:

(Honestly not sure what to make of that one).

Since the sv_vote_gametype_mytype_* cvars are custom cvars you need to use "set" to declare them, e.g.
Code:
set sv_vote_gametype_instagib_name "Instagib"
I guess the example config should be changed to make that clear.
The second error is probably caused by those missing cvars.

In Xonotic there is no real duel gametype, it's just deathmatch with a playerlimit of 2 and no powerups. Your gametype vote needs to reflect that

That sorta dovetails into my next question (which is, what are the standard settings for Duel).
So, no powerups, playerlimit 2. Is there anything else (I vaguely remember something about non mega health and armours not being able to take HP above 100?)

Oh, and it's working now BTW, so thanks for that Smile

Not being able to take 25 and 50 health/armor above 100HP/Armor is part of XPM (Xonotic Pro Mode). XPM is used in some modes like duel and competitive TDM.  You can look at https://github.com/packer-/server-configs to see how packer handles it (see pickup-extra.cfg)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Help Adding Custom Gametypes CarbonGhost 3 980 01-24-2023, 09:09 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Noob needs help running server. CORDUROY 3 6,839 07-01-2021, 02:31 PM
Last Post: CORDUROY
  [NEED HELP] g_maplist for all voteable gametypes savale 3 2,834 03-31-2020, 02:26 PM
Last Post: savale
  Help for custom voteble commands KyMAN 4 4,353 05-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Last Post: morosophos
  Host custom maps on Google Drive sgtsob 3 3,843 10-27-2016, 12:05 AM
Last Post: sgtsob
  custom weapons cadrogui 2 4,608 05-28-2016, 08:43 PM
Last Post: cadrogui
  Need Server help! Beagle 3 3,112 04-27-2016, 02:29 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  How having xonotic server to make client download custom characters' sounds? gabolander 7 9,292 01-25-2015, 07:43 PM
Last Post: gabolander
  [SOLVED] Need help for serverconfiguration diddi 0 2,063 02-26-2014, 10:21 AM
Last Post: diddi
  Please help me with dedicated server setup. Priori 6 8,852 02-26-2013, 02:00 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo