Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound Sample GPL?

How would one go about applying the GPL to a sound sample? Also how is it used with music?

It's just a matter of stating the fact, I think.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

The sound sample shall be provided in the "preferred form for editing".

In other words: keep nothing "secret" to yourself, share all files you would keep to yourself to allow further edits.

An astonishingly simple rule, yet so difficult for many people.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Okay. The song I released earlier contained some CC licensed samples(drums). I need to see if the authors of those are willing to license as GPL, or recreate the sounds with GPL samples. Now I know what to tell the authors. Thanks.

Quote:It's just a matter of stating the fact, I think.

Code pushed directly to the repository is covered under the repository access "agreement" here. When it is material that isn't directly committed to the repository, though, I'm not sure what we're doing to track the license on it. When in doubt, one can always include the copyright notice and statement found here with the file in a tar or zip. It is super easy - you really only have to change two lines or so, after which you are rock solid in terms of the license on the material.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  is timing sound track unfair? BuddyFriendGuy 28 28,069 02-14-2019, 04:46 PM
Last Post: wednesday
  GPL and audio sample banks goldhat 3 5,223 01-14-2011, 05:57 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  Nexuiz slashdotted again...no GPL code at all EvilSpaceHamster 19 21,536 04-13-2010, 08:08 AM
Last Post: od@r