Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 3.8 Average
Deathmatchers - The Movie (Xonotic Movie)

Deathmatchers - The Movie

Video is 998mb big which I understand is fairly big, but until I can get a x264 encode which will be even better quality and smaller file size, it's the best I can do, but it is at 50fps with motion-blur so you will see the quality is very very good even with just XviD Smile ).

Not everyone is able to watch it on YouTube!! (Will be people from Germany)

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6z3rGsoKdQ

Links here:- http://www.affro.net/kojn/deathmatchers_the_movie.avi
http://nl.dl.xonotic.org/deathmatchers_the_movie.avi
http://nexfiles.com/video/ and http://www.praeclan.com/video/ (Nex Files is a North America server - 30 concurrent connections at one time only) (praeclan one better to use).

Finally, I can release our clan movie. Some information below.

A Xonotic clan movie featuring my clan 'deathmatchers'

featuring: ai,cribozai,fruitiex,Justin,kojn,morfar,Unknown[NF]

Majority of the footage is from Xonotic 0.1 (alpha at the time), so most of the footage is without strafe jumping, so just the standard bunnyhopping movement in 0.1, some clips are from 0.5, but 90% are from 0.1 demos. Movie clips were recorded from a Xonotic 0.5 build (beta), the latest and current version.

I am aware of some errors in the movie, also CTF DOES have brightskins, just that because most of the demo's are 0.1 for some reason in Xonotic 0.5 they would not work with older demos, obviously something had been changed, I have had to increase the brightness in some scenes to make it easier for the viewer to see the player's due to this, but hopefully it won't detract too much from the viewing experience.

In this video you will not see mainly 'ZOMG' frags like in 'farewell' the nexuiz video by PCLizard, but you will see some funny moments, good frags, frag runs, and most importantly, team-work.

This movie features CTF team-captures by deathmatchers vs a pickup team and [BOT]. Every clip is either vs [BOT] in clan games in 3v3/5v5 CTF, pickup games, duel, tdm, or versus experienced Xonotic players, there is no public footage in this movie, so you can be sure that the skill level, co-ordination and teamwork is of a higher degree then if I had used footage from public games.

I hope this movie deviates from the standard Nexuiz/Xonotic frag movie, and that more people get into making more complex videos of the game.

This video is not only a tribute to the movies which helped inspire me but also to Xonotic, and my team-mates and the community in general.

Thanks to everyone who helped make this movie possible.

Credits for song choices and inspiration go to the UT movies 'Levitation UT Movie' by ninjagaz and Px UT CTF movie. I decided to use two songs out of these as they were my favorite when I watched these videos back in the day, and so this is also a tribute to these classic UT movies - therefore credit to be given to these movies for using these songs first. The credits song, I chose as I just wanted something high-tempo but something that was relaxing also to wind down the video and say thanks to the community and players.

Lastly, I hope this shows people a little bit of what Xonotic is like, and the potential in this project considering that it is still not even at a 1.0 build yet (will be the next release Smile ).

I will be releasing a 'gold' edition, that will be in x264 once i can get it to encode properly, and fix out some colour issues etc, but for now I declare this movie complete Smile

Any questions I can answer in the comments box or via message.

Enjoy.

If someone else can upload to there ftp, or some other places and put the links in this thread that would be great.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Good!

Damn. Now people can't say anymore that you never finish your projects Smile

finally after 5 years of waiting produced something long.

also respect for the 3min long credits at the end.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Smile Get it people!

Can someone plz upload this on youtube, I'm not gonna download 1gig on my phone.

It was on YT, but audio has been blocked/disabled. Will get it uploaded to megavideo as soon as I can so people can stream it on there, however it should be viewed in 720/1080 to be really appreciated..video is 1920x1080 resolution.

Added some more links, one for North American players to get from for faster speeds. Thanks to Lixivial, and also Merlijn for supplying the other EU server for hosting. Should have another NA mirror up very soon also.

Megavideo link/streaming ability coming soon.

Wow !!! seriously incredibly awesome movie.
I had the same enjoyment while watching it that I had the first time I watched a StarWars movie or a Belladonna video.
It is of that grade of quality
kojn, let me tell you my friend that it was well worth the multiple years of waiting for it Big Grin

Thank you very much mate for the kinds words, glad you liked it Smile

I should also add, that VLC player should play this video without any problems if you are having problems with other players.

(10-29-2011, 07:10 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Thank you very much mate for the kinds words, glad you liked it Smile

I should also add, that VLC player should play this video without any problems if you are having problems with other players.
If you're having trouble uploading to youtube, I recommend webm. It was the only format that I could find that youtube would accept and had a transcoder for linux (though I didn't look that hard).

Yes, great vid, i lke it. I like it a lot.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

(10-29-2011, 02:30 PM)Mepper Wrote: Can someone plz upload this on youtube, I'm not gonna download 1gig on my phone.

You don't watch such a movie on a phone anyway! ~.~ Tongue

Excellent!

Very nice video kojn mate!
I'll post about it on the main site, right when I can catch some time (@ home with family).
It'd be very nice if you could upload it in the meantime to vimeo, if youtube blocks it because of copyrighted musical material.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

I think that Vimeo isn't allowing gaming videos on their site, so I'd rather use own3d.tv

Yes, I will get it uploaded to own3d.tv also, but will do later this evening when I get time Smile

yt? not allowed? Sad or already up?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(10-30-2011, 09:26 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: yt? not allowed? Sad or already up?

if you would read this post your question should be answered

(10-29-2011, 03:00 PM)kojn^ Wrote: It was on YT, but audio has been blocked/disabled. Will get it uploaded to megavideo as soon as I can so people can stream it on there, however it should be viewed in 720/1080 to be really appreciated..video is 1920x1080 resolution.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I was rly impressed after watching this video. Unique style, Kojn! I was enjoying the intro editing the most. Good music choice!
It's definitely good for Deathmatchers to have their own promoting video. thanks to you, Kojn!
I d rather u uploaded it so Im w8ing for it. YT blocks audio? I know the pain (thats one of the reasons why I started working with Chooksta)

Excellent work!

10/10

Very nice! The music and visuals are very cool, but what I personally like most is the emphasis on really impressive teamplay and the way you made the teamwork visible. Good stuff!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Thanks for the comments guys Big Grin

Youtube link?

For the 3rd time in this thread. Read my opening post Mepper. Really you will appreciate the movie (and quality) a lot more if you just download it.

But I am going to upload it to own3d.tv now for you, so you can stream it, ok Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Community tournament movie RazorDodger 5 2,580 01-31-2021, 01:11 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  DOXA TOURNAMENT - Frag movie zeroql 0 1,656 04-26-2020, 04:46 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #9 Mirio 4 3,746 03-14-2020, 01:33 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  SEND DEMOS for a Community Frag Movie 2018 Smilecythe 13 9,620 12-26-2019, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Solid
Video Xonotic frag movie betas zeroql 0 1,848 08-08-2019, 04:24 AM
Last Post: zeroql
  [Frag movie] Mirification #8 Mirio 0 3,942 02-04-2018, 09:59 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [Fragmovie] [BOT] Movie IV Mirio 6 5,830 09-11-2017, 09:52 PM
Last Post: SilenceKiller
Video Xonotic: Movie collection zeroql 8 13,870 05-05-2017, 01:40 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  F*CKMEGEDDON: A Xonotic Frag Movie Smilecythe 15 14,746 12-20-2016, 01:23 PM
Last Post: rixur
  [Frag movie] 10 years of Mirification Mirio 16 16,665 12-11-2016, 02:56 PM