Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic 0.7 Released!

We're very happy to announce our next official release of Xonotic! Xonotic version 0.7 is a massive step forward for the project. We've changed our team structure to bring in new development talent, and the result is a better platform on which to work. We've also been pushing hard development-wise since the last release, refining the game into something that we can all love. We have a staggering amount of changes since 0.6 aimed at both casual and competitive gamers. We're very proud of what we've achieved in collaboration with our active, diverse community. We hope you enjoy it too!

Download Here
Download via torrent
Download via HTTP

MD5: eda7e8acadbefaf4b2efcfb70bbe98e2
Package size: 993M

Other resources:
Lower quality download via HTTP (627M, md5: a16167f0a56303ff00fdfbc79d6e8487)
Map editor download via HTTP (166M, md5: 1ee3939f3bd84281d2609cf34397eb01)

You can also download and play Xonotic on Desura:
[Image: 12648.png]

While you're downloading the game, check out some of the highlights of this release...

Massive updates to game modes
Xonotic 0.7 features updates to the classic game modes that define the game, including a complete rewrite of Capture The Flag. New gameplay elements such as flag-passing and stalemates have been introduced along with new visual effects and game notification messages. Other game modes such as Clan Arena, Arena, Last Man Standing, Onslaught, Assault, Freezetag, Nexball, and Domination have also received updates for bugs, minor features, and relocations to the mutator system.

Animation blending
Our last release ushered in a new wave of possibilities with client-side rendering of players which allowed us to implement full animation blending to playermodel rendering, among other unique features. Because of this we can now play two separate animations on a player at the same time. This means we can show a specific walking direction on the legs and play an attacking animation on the torso simultaneously. This implementation also lets us bend the playermodel skeleton based on the direction they are looking, which provides a seamless appearence of where other players are aiming.

More competitive features
This release also includes many new competitive-oriented features. The long-anticipated arrival of simple items provides 2D rendering of sprites for item pickups instead of models, allowing items to be identifiable from a much further distance. Super spectating is also available, which allows for a wider array of options for video recordings and broadcasters with options such as follow powerup and follow killer. New and improved spawn rules better fit competitive gameplay in duels or team matches alike.

Mapping updates
Once again we have rolled out a fair portion of mapping updates to the game, including 4 new maps: Abyss: A large indoor CTF map by kuniuthefrogg designed for public and competitive gameplay. Fuse: A stunning new duel map by cityy which captures the aspects of Xonotic movement and game design perfectly. SilentSiege: A medium size duel map made by Justin with stormkeep-like gameplay. Oilrig: A revived map from the older origins of our project, providing great visuals and deathmatch gameplay that will really shine through with the older members of our community. Additionally we have paid a lot of attention to the existing maps again, and updated them with new features and gameplay improvements along the way.

Better handling of in-game messages
The in-game message system has been completely re-written for this release. It provides an entirely new set of abilities for centerprints, console messages, and hud notifications. The system gives players the flexibility to customize and control all of the game messages as well as the ability to add full translation support. The notification system also integrates with many of the other game mode updates.

All new compiler
We have migrated to an all new QuakeC compiler, gmqcc. The work of graphitemaster and Blub\0, gmqcc generates faster, more optimized program files when compared to its predecessor. It gives game code developers new features and tools that will be of tremendous value to the game in the future.

Extensive changelog:
http://mirror.bitmissile.com/xonotic/rel...otic07.txt

In Closing
Xonotic 0.7 is the product of strong collaboration between our developers and the rest of our vibrant, diverse community. We're excited to look at this release as nothing other than a giant step forward for the project. If you like what you see, please share it with your friends! For your support and feedback, we thank you. See you out there on the servers - happy fragging!

P.S. We've finally decided upon a new release schedule, so expect to see more frequent, consistent release patterns from us in the future!
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Yay!

(Now hate vvvv) Wink

inb4 patchfix is required

yes, i love it! very good job you all, whos been involved creating and coding this up all those hours \o

lets have some pickups goin on today later >Smile cant wait!
REALLY love the rocket, oh yesyes! Big Grin still havent checked the new CTF though

some maps also having some weird bugs, like some random corridors can be seen thru walls, but i think thats client-side? how to get rid of that

HOORAY

Ha! Perfect timing, I was just getting annoyed to hell and back with the Tribes 4 community. Downloading this definitely.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

We need an Anthem. To honour the people who made the game for us. Urgently!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

(06-09-2013, 12:01 AM)thimo Wrote: some maps also having some weird bugs, like some random corridors can be seen thru walls, but i think thats client-side? how to get rid of that

Servers need to update too first.
Damn, you scared me for a moment!

Is there a way to inform people with 0.6 that a newer version is available (from within the game)?
Also, is there a complete changelist? That would be nice.

Congratulations!

Congratulations team!
@nirgoren: coplete changelist is WIP, it just takes time to read all the over 5000 commits (and that's only for data branch!) and cherry pick real bugfixes and new features. I hope I can finish that later today.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Party hard! :-)

I'm seeding the torrent.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Yay, great news ! Smile

I just downloaded it, experienced some weird textures on some maps, then cleaned my old .xonotic configuration folder and now everything's working fine !
I can't wait to test that new version on pickup games ! :p

Thanks to everyone involved in this release !

Good job all devs and contribs! Big Grin

Also, more frequent releases is excellent! Not beucase of the new releases itself but there will be more presure on testing( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7pkyDUX5uM great talk about release enginnering by Theo de Raadt Smile ).

Great news! Will definitely try it out sometime! Smile

It will take me about 2 weeks for me to dowload at my internet rate (Direct is unreliable, so I chose torrent). Are there any client-game (or whatever predicts the physics) fixes? Something that kinda annoys me about xonotic is that the client-game physics predictions are a bit choppy. For example when I bunnyhop, i get a weird warp upward effect.

Apart from that and the 2d sprites, there aren't any reasons towards me having to get a new client (just get pk3s to fill in the gaps?)

Thumbs Up 
Good job Smile

(06-09-2013, 07:38 AM)ZdrytchX Wrote: It will take me about 2 weeks for me to dowload at my internet rate (Direct is unreliable, so I chose torrent). Are there any client-game (or whatever predicts the physics) fixes? Something that kinda annoys me about xonotic is that the client-game physics predictions are a bit choppy. For example when I bunnyhop, i get a weird warp upward effect.

Apart from that and the 2d sprites, there aren't any reasons towards me having to get a new client (just get pk3s to fill in the gaps?)

There's a reason there is no patch, you know. 0.6 and 0.7 has tons of incompatibility issues AFAIK. I'm sorry, but you don't have any other choise, but to download the whole package.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Awesome news, and maybe the best of all is that there will be more frequent updates in the future!

Lol, the first time since months I am taking a look if there's any news in here and what do I see? New release. Today. Hey! Big Grin

Keep the good work up friends! No question I'm gonna have a try.
del fin

One could perhaps try looking in the Xonotic/misc/tools/rsync-updater directory and use the update-to-release.sh or update-to-release.bat? This was present even in 0.6...
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(06-09-2013, 08:21 AM)C.Brutail Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 07:38 AM)ZdrytchX Wrote: It will take me about 2 weeks for me to dowload at my internet rate (Direct is unreliable, so I chose torrent). Are there any client-game (or whatever predicts the physics) fixes? Something that kinda annoys me about xonotic is that the client-game physics predictions are a bit choppy. For example when I bunnyhop, i get a weird warp upward effect.

There's a reason there is no patch, you know. 0.6 and 0.7 has tons of incompatibility issues AFAIK. I'm sorry, but you don't have any other choise, but to download the whole package.

Speaking of patches... I made a binary diff from Xonotic 0.6 zipfile to the new one. It's a bit over 200MB, uploading now, I'll post the link when it's done.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

0.7 should be updated on Desura

(06-09-2013, 09:33 AM)Cyber Killer Wrote:
(06-09-2013, 08:21 AM)C.Brutail Wrote:

Speaking of patches... I made a binary diff from Xonotic 0.6 zipfile to the new one. It's a bit over 200MB, uploading now, I'll post the link when it's done.

The diff file: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2n9e1y (md5: 283d172626d9f60e81810a6a22f9742f)

How to apply:
1. put xonotic-0.6.0.zip and the newly downloaded xonotic-0.6-to-0.7-zip.vcdiff in the same directory
2. get xdelta3 if you don;t already have it (it's multi platform)
3. do this:
Code:
xdelta3 -d xonotic-0.6-to-0.7-zip.vcdiff
(xdelta3.exe on windows ofc) You'll get xonotic-0.7.0.zip in effect.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Star Xonotic 0.8.2 released! Antibody 35 47,121 04-14-2017, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Th3 TqMaZ45
  XonStat data snapshot released Antibody 10 14,308 01-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Last Post: Antibody
  Xonotic 0.8.1 Released! Antibody 36 38,100 01-02-2016, 11:33 AM
Last Post: [*Mr.Chri$*]
  Xonotic 0.8 Released! Antibody 77 93,898 02-15-2015, 07:25 PM
Last Post: nowego4
  ZeroQL has released his fragmovie! CuBe0wL 0 6,177 10-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Last Post: CuBe0wL
  Xonotic 0.5 Released mand1nga 101 127,334 02-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Last Post: dli
  Automatic Update Script for Autobuilds Released Antibody 1 10,321 06-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Xonotic 0.1 Preview Released merlijn 63 83,078 02-22-2011, 06:06 AM
Last Post: chooksta