Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
!!! IMPORTANT NOTICE TO ALL MAPPERS !!!

Lightbulb 
The beta is slowly taking shape, and currently the area it lacks most in is

MAPS !

More specifically, CTF maps. The following FFA maps (with other supported gamemodes) are currently planned for the release:
- g-23
- stormkeep
- red-planet
- glowplant (renamed glowarena by Cuinnton to avoid confusing it with tZork's version)

ALL of these maps have been developed in, and then picked from the GIT repository, which has greatly simplified collaboration between mappers (after some learning Wink). This means that if your map is not in the GIT repository, IT CAN NOT BECOME AN OFFICIAL MAP!. So if you still have, in your opinion worthy, GPLv2 licensed maps not in the GIT repository, contact divVerent to get commit access (preferred!), or contact someone with commit access to push your map into the repository. (one of: FruitieX, Taoki, SavageX, Parasti, Plasmasheep, Mookow, Morphed, Mintox, DiaboliK, Cubeowl)

I've assembled a list of TODO details for the included FFA maps, and a short comment on each CTF map in the repo that I think has a good layout here: http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/147 (might need to hit refresh a couple of times if you get a permission error)

We should collect all the maps we can into the GIT repository, after all there's a map repository system connected to it that could be used by server admins in the future. This way it'd also be easy to collaborate on the maps that are proven good by intensive testing in the future, and simply merge them into master in order to include them with a later distribution of Xonotic.

After collecting the maps, I propose a poll on this forum. The FFA maps we already selected will stay though, because of the great amount of work that was put into them, but a couple of new FFA maps and the CTF maps could be selected this way. Everyone who then has time and motivation could collaborate on making these community-selected maps as awesome as possible, then have them included in the beta release so we can finally get the bloody thing out. Tongue
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

i dont like the fact you can say 'hey my map is good' ,add it to the git and it will become an official map.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(10-10-2010, 10:58 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: i dont like the fact you can say 'hey my map is good' ,add it to the git and it will become an official map.

A map being in GIT does not mean that it will become official at all, it just means that it COULD become official, if it already is a good map, enough work is put into it and it ends up a very high quality map.

They'll only for sure be "official" in the sense that they'll be available on a possibly officially hosted official map repository for official and unofficial server admins to curl official maps from.

Well, I can give you min_ctf1 (Starship Fear) after I figure out how to get the jump pads to display properly (textures appear missing) and also how to commit the damn thing to git. But I don't know if the skybox license is GPL-compatible (the guy didn't say he's releasing it as gpl2, but he said anything could be done with the images as long as he's mentioned somewhere in the map's readme or something like that. Of course I could try replacing the skybox with either generic starfield or something from the Xonotic library (or my own), but it's nice, so I want to keep it.
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

I'll do some patchwork on Concourse and see if I can get in touch with someone later tonight or tomorrow.

Is Dance gonna be added?
Or Space elevator (gasoline powered)?

Yeah what happened with Space Elevator? Also I guess some of the nexuiz classics as soylent are gonna get added when they are done.

(10-13-2010, 11:03 AM)Fisume Wrote: Yeah what happened with Space Elevator?

What do you mean "what happened with space elevator"?
http://beta.xonotic.org/autobuild-bsp/sp...761d5d011/
Tongue

(10-13-2010, 11:03 AM)Fisume Wrote: Also I guess some of the nexuiz classics as soylent are gonna get added when they are done.

Yeah, if they are good enough. Probably won't happen until after the beta release, though.

Why isnt it listed in your list? Its an amazing map in my opinion, or is it CTF only?

(10-13-2010, 11:16 AM)Fisume Wrote: Why isnt it listed in your list? Its an amazing map in my opinion, or is it CTF only?

Huh, it is in the list? :-P

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [RELEASE] All Nexuiz 2.5.2 maps in one pk3 file Kriss7475 8 9,473 09-02-2017, 08:10 AM
Last Post: Kriss7475