Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SOLVED] Radar Disappeared

I was playing Nexuiz Minstagib and I was searching for a team mate. He told me to look at the radar in my upper screen. But, there wasn't a radar. I know I can use the button M for radar, but I just want my radar in my upper screen back! I went to Player Setup> Radar, HUD and waypoints... and tried to turn the radar on. But is isn't! Nowhere a button for ''Enable radar''. I tried many things but no...

Please somebody help me?
-Bas

Damn that sucks. What you could try doing is restoring the default HUD or trying one of the alternate ones on the following thread. To restore the default one, type in exec hud_luminos.cfg into your console.

Here's a thread with a bunch of other HUD configurations you can screw around with if you don't feel like modifying the layout and don't want the default HUD.
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...5#pid18115
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(12-14-2010, 08:06 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Damn that sucks. What you could try doing is restoring the default HUD or trying one of the alternate ones on the following thread. To restore the default one, type in exec hud_luminos.cfg into your console.

Here's a thread with a bunch of other HUD configurations you can screw around with if you don't feel like modifying the layout and don't want the default HUD.
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php...5#pid18115

It didn't work. It says
''Couldn't exec exec hud_luminos.cfg''

I tried some else of those codes on your thread, but that's the same story.
Maybe it's because I have Nexuiz 2.5.2 and not Xonotic.

Oh, well here's the settings that are in my Nexuiz configuration file. Try punching each of these into your console and see if it pops back up. The color might be different than the rest of your HUD and I'm pretty sure the size is smaller than default though, you should be able to fix that easily I think under the player settings in the multiplayer window. The first line might be all you need to get your radar back.

seta cl_teamradar "1"
seta cl_teamradar_background_alpha "0"
seta cl_teamradar_foreground_alpha "0.8"
seta cl_teamradar_position "0.5 0"
seta cl_teamradar_rotation "0"
seta cl_teamradar_scale "4096"
seta cl_teamradar_size "128 128"
seta cl_teamradar_zoommode "0"

Oh wait.

(12-14-2010, 08:21 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Oh, well here's the settings that are in my Nexuiz configuration file. Try punching each of these into your console and see if it pops back up. The color might be different than the rest of your HUD and I'm pretty sure the size is smaller than default though, you should be able to fix that easily I think under the player settings in the multiplayer window.

seta cl_teamradar "1"
seta cl_teamradar_background_alpha "0"
seta cl_teamradar_foreground_alpha "0.8"
seta cl_teamradar_position "0.5 0"
seta cl_teamradar_rotation "0"
seta cl_teamradar_scale "4096"
seta cl_teamradar_size "128 128"
seta cl_teamradar_zoommode "0"
No, didn´t work either..
However, it didn´t say it´s wrong, and I looked at the settings of the HUD and it changed it. But my radar isn´t back...

? Don't know what else to try then, except maybe moving your config.cfg file out of your .nexuiz/data (Linux) or My Games/Nexuiz (Windows) directory to see if that fixes the issue. Keep in mind doing that though will restore all the defaults in the game.

Oh wait.

(12-14-2010, 08:34 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: ? Don't know what else to try then, except maybe moving your config.cfg file out of your .nexuiz/data (Linux) or My Games/Nexuiz (Windows) directory to see if that fixes the issue. Keep in mind doing that though will restore all the defaults in the game.

It didn´t work either. Strange... but, thanks for help.

Try:
seta cl_teamradar "2"

I think that should force it on all the time and not just in team games.

Oh wait.

(12-14-2010, 06:30 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Try:
seta cl_teamradar "2"

I think that should force it on all the time and not just in team games.

No, sorry.. it didn't work...

weird, worked for me. Try just:

cl_teamradar 2

and see what that does

Oh wait.

(12-15-2010, 08:44 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: weird, worked for me. Try just:

cl_teamradar 2

and see what that does

Nothing.. maybe Im doing it wrong. Is this method right?

I play a game, pres the ` button to open console and I paste the text you posted on this thread, then I press Enter.

(12-15-2010, 09:07 AM)B4SDR4G Wrote: I play a game, pres the ` button to open console and I paste the text you posted on this thread, then I press Enter.

I would try typing it in by hand--might give you trouble with font or something. IDK. Give it a try. Undecided

(12-15-2010, 03:06 PM)nowego4 Wrote:
(12-15-2010, 09:07 AM)B4SDR4G Wrote: I play a game, pres the ` button to open console and I paste the text you posted on this thread, then I press Enter.

I would try typing it in by hand--might give you trouble with font or something. IDK. Give it a try. Undecided

I tried, didn't work. But thanks for advice Smile

Did you try official maps? Not every map got a radar.
The 'final' thing you could do is: Delete your config (config.cfg) and create a new one. Though you have to set it up again. If it still does not work I suggest to clear the dlcache folder, because there could be some corrupt file that causes this.
If anything does not work - download Nexuiz again.

(12-16-2010, 08:33 AM)Mirio Wrote: Did you try official maps? Not every map got a radar.
The 'final' thing you could do is: Delete your config (config.cfg) and create a new one. Though you have to set it up again. If it still does not work I suggest to clear the dlcache folder, because there could be some corrupt file that causes this.
If anything does not work - download Nexuiz again.

OK this is weird... I donwnloaded a new Nexuiz from the Nexuiz website, I opened it, and I still havent got my radar back!
Maybe it's about the map. But one of my opposite players on the map I play all the time says he got a radar.

NetRadiant has a built in minimap builder, but not all people bother to click the button Dodgy
Check the pk3 (delete the .pk3 extension and replace with .zip, then unzip) to see if the radar is named right and is in the right spot or if there's one at all.

It should be under 'maps' as 'examplemapname_mini.tga'

Important step in rebuilding pk3: If you find the problem and fix it, select the 'maps' folder along with 'scripts' or any other folders that might be along side it, so that they're all selected at the same time, and then compress. Rename to 'examplemapname.pk3' and you're good. DO NOT select the folder that they're in and compress, if you do this it won't work.

If it turns out that there's no minimap included, I can guide you through the steps to build one in Nexuiz (if you really want it that bad Tongue)

(12-16-2010, 11:35 AM)nowego4 Wrote: NetRadiant has a built in minimap builder, but not all people bother to click the button Dodgy
Check the pk3 (delete the .pk3 extension and replace with .zip, then unzip) to see if the radar is named right and is in the right spot or if there's one at all.

It should be under 'maps' as 'examplemapname_mini.tga'

Important step in rebuilding pk3: If you find the problem and fix it, select the 'maps' folder along with 'scripts' or any other folders that might be along side it, so that they're all selected at the same time, and then compress. Rename to 'examplemapname.pk3' and you're good. DO NOT select the folder that they're in and compress, if you do this it won't work.

If it turns out that there's no minimap included, I can guide you through the steps to build one in Nexuiz (if you really want it that bad Tongue)

Sorry, I was asking to get my radar back in my HUD. Not to get a radar in a map. But thanks for helping me anyway.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SOLVED] Textures disappeared overnight? Minkovsky 10 9,810 11-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Last Post: Minkovsky