Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Factions of Xonotic

I am going to suggest adding in several "factions" to the Xonotic universe. These factions are differentiated by logos which resemble medieval coats of arms. We can use them to sort out character models, map locations and possibly even weapons and gameplay assets. I may post some concepts later.

Good idea. Will make more constructive repond when I got time.

Good idea.

Humans, techy aliens, bio aliens(aka Tremulous or X-Com Apoc), Cyborg aliens(aka Strogg), High Race, Monster? Ust options.

Action features: hexagonal structure, old rusty, spotless,bio...

Good Idea.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Trobably we should only have 2--4 factions though.

I also don't see why we have to be spiciest about them

Those are just suggestions. Just pick out what you like.

(01-08-2013, 08:47 PM)s1lence Wrote: Trobably we should only have 2--4 factions though.

I also don't see why we have to be spiciest about them

Defining species might help since it could help us update the game one faction at a time so it doesn't look like a pick and mix bag Wink .

Humans- masters of low technology. In otther words- retirded from the others. They rely on balistic weaponry (MG,Sniper), which they produce and export in large quantities (like ak47 was by Soviet Union, thus it is the weapon of poor minor civilisantion and the weapon of terorists. Can be distributed to massed monsters in singleplayer). Player Models(?¿?): Ignis(has a human face),...

No, this is going nowhere...

Lets try again.

Hear is what we have(divided into style groups):
1. Erebus, Mega Erebus, and the femal... Nyx?
2. Gak.
3. Pyria.
4. Ignis. Should he go to Erebus group? IMO bodies look similar.
5. Hexagonal structures (map textures), Crylink. Maybee we need a player model with haxagons on it? He look semi-biologcal, so the faction shall be calledsomthing like BioTechnitians, BioTechnocrats or BioMechanists?
6. A lot of rust metal (exx) maps.
7. What else?

Now we need to organize it into 3-4 factions. Any sujjestions?

(01-09-2013, 03:17 PM)aa Wrote: Humans- masters of low technology. In otther words- retirded from the others. They rely on balistic weaponry (MG,Sniper), which they produce and export in large quantities (like ak47 was by Soviet Union, thus it is the weapon of poor minor civilisantion and the weapon of terorists. Can be distributed to massed monsters in singleplayer). Player Models(?¿?): Ignis(has a human face),...

No, this is going nowhere...

Lets try again.

Hear is what we have(divided into style groups):
1. Erebus, Mega Erebus, and the femal... Nyx?
2. Gak.
3. Pyria.
4. Ignis. Should he go to Erebus group? IMO bodies look similar.
5. Hexagonal structures (map textures), Crylink. Maybee we need a player model with haxagons on it? He look semi-biologcal, so the faction shall be calledsomthing like BioTechnitians, BioTechnocrats or BioMechanists?
6. A lot of rust metal (exx) maps.
7. What else?

Now we need to organize it into 3-4 factions. Any sujjestions?

1. Should be the main posterchild faction of Xonotic, so we have branding
2. I dont even like Gak's look, but we could make it a race.
4. Dunno, possibly.
5. Go with 2?
6. Also lots of factory and complex maps.

I was allready working on this ... and have suggested it here http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2874

although I have changed the names to

Scarlet -- red
Emerald -- green
Cobalt -- blue
Snow -- white
Blur -- (gold ... the player)

(01-10-2013, 09:29 PM)hutty Wrote: I was allready working on this ... and have suggested it here http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2874

although I have changed the names to

Scarlet -- red
Emerald -- green
Cobalt -- blue
Snow -- white
Blur -- (gold ... the player)

D: sorry hutty, but your idea looks very good and can still be usable.

Wait a second, i thought that number of races will depend on chosen art style, there was a thread about this, about importance of solid unified style. Is this info still true or what?

no info is true.
ever.