Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesseract Initial Release (Sauerbraten-Fork)

(05-15-2014, 08:57 AM)Irritant Wrote:
(05-14-2014, 04:30 PM)fa1nt Wrote: so uh my friend made this

Your friend is apparently an asshole.

wow, such hate
many replay
LoverTaleb

(05-15-2014, 11:05 AM)N1mbus Wrote:

wow, such hate
many replay

Yeah, I'm not the one who took the time to make a video bashing another game Smile No hate from me, just pointing out the obvious.

well, the "bashing" gave me more sympathy for the game than the original post Big Grin
LoverTaleb

Actually, I thought the same as Irritant when I first watched the video and was going to reply with concerns about bashing other games. But then I re-watched it and actually found it a rather cool presentation that could have even come from the team itself if it was intended to be self ironic (apart from the eye cancer pic maybe). The vid showed a lot about the engine's capabilities, and I got a not at all bad impression about tesseract after that video. Having seen both vids leaves me with a very positive impression of the engine.

But I agree that it puzzles me as well why many people, once they decided to like a particular game, tend to bash at other ones. Maybe people are just so frigging uncertain about what they like that they have to artificially pimp up the contrast in order to justify their liking of a particular choice.

I for one can say that I like the looks of tesseract as for what they showcased, and I also like warsow's look and feel (though I don't get their movement but that's just me being dumb). It just so happens I feel very comfortable with Xonotic so that I don't play the other options very much.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Tesseract is a hell of a nice engine, and the little instagib game is pretty slick and a nice demo/example piece, which is all it's really for, to showcase things. It's obviously in it's very early stages, but still the instagib game has very nice gfx, the map is cool, and the weapon feedback/look is nice.

I don't get the hate on Warsow I am seeing here either. That game is arguably the best, and most polished of the free FPS games.

(05-15-2014, 11:01 AM)Mirio Wrote: It would be nice if people show some respect towards other projects, instead of comparing your e-penis.

this is hilarious, considering my friend who made the video is one of the tess devs and was the original poster of the real trailer Big Grin

Which does not make your attitude any better.

(05-15-2014, 11:50 AM)Halogene Wrote: I for one can say that I like the looks of tesseract as for what they showcased, and I also like warsow's look and feel (though I don't get their movement but that's just me being dumb).

Not only you, I also can't get used to it.

I've played quite some tesseract the last 2 days and find it very addictive. I don't know what they changed compared to Sauer, but the flow is much better. And I really love the minimalistic and well polished graphics style.

Great game! Heart
[Image: 2405.png]

(05-15-2014, 01:01 PM)Mirio Wrote: Which does not make your attitude any better.

it certainly doesn't! Big Grin

the few maps that they do have are quite well made as showcases, i don't change my opinion on the gameplay though. editor would be fun to muck around in on my desktop computer

The video doesn't bash the game in any way. It's ironic; you have to see it in context. There are hundreds of similar videos. It's no more offensive to Tesseract than the meme thread is to Xonotic. If anything, it's an unoriginal, tired repetition of an old meme.

References:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/420-mlg-game-montages
https://pay.reddit.com/r/montageparodies/

(05-15-2014, 11:50 AM)Halogene Wrote: Actually, I thought the same as Irritant when I first watched the video and was going to reply with concerns about bashing other games. But then I re-watched it and actually found it a rather cool presentation that could have even come from the team itself if it was intended to be self ironic (apart from the eye cancer pic maybe).

(05-15-2014, 12:10 PM)fa1nt Wrote: this is hilarious, considering my friend who made the video is one of the tess devs and was the original poster of the real trailer Big Grin

I've been spot on, YAY! I am going to mark this day in my calendar and celebrate it from now on as halogene's spot on day!!!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Tesseract is a hell of a nice engine, and the little instagib game is pretty slick and a nice demo/example piece, which is all it's really for, to showcase things. It's obviously in it's very early stages, but still the instagib game has very nice gfx, the map is cool, and the weapon feedback/look is nice.

I don't get the hate on Warsow I am seeing here either. That game is arguably the best, and most polished of the free FPS games.

Calm down. It's a joke. I asked him if his friend plays dota 2 because the video plays on the meme of going overkill on special effects. See the following for some reference:

(05-15-2014, 05:03 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: The video doesn't bash the game in any way. It's ironic; you have to see it in context. There are hundreds of similar videos. It's no more offensive to Tesseract than the meme thread is to Xonotic. If anything, it's an unoriginal, tired repetition of an old meme.

References:
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/420-mlg-game-montages
https://pay.reddit.com/r/montageparodies/

dammit bougo beat me to it

(05-16-2014, 06:15 AM)Loafers Wrote: Calm down. It's a joke.

Understood now, but this is kind of like "The boy who cried wolf". Faint's attitude towards this game, and others has been on display in previous posts and threads, so unfortunately for him, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. That's his own fault.

And I'm plenty "calm", no need to overstate my disposition for dramatic effect, k?

(05-16-2014, 08:20 AM)Irritant Wrote: Understood now, but this is kind of like "The boy who cried wolf". Faint's attitude towards this game, and others has been on display in previous posts and threads, so unfortunately for him, he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. That's his own fault.

And I'm plenty "calm", no need to overstate my disposition for dramatic effect, k?

s-senpai has noticed me ;~;
and even t-tries to use big complicated words to make himself seem smart to impress me >////<

(05-14-2014, 08:18 PM)Loafers Wrote: Does your friend play dota 2 by any chance lol?

nope Big Grin it actually has more in common with call of duty montages, that are actually created that way to be taken seriously (example) crazy right?
that's what dota 2 guys started making fun of!

EDIT: how could i forget probably the first parody video of this kind to appear Big Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw the one that started it all EDIT EDIT: I stand corrected

(05-16-2014, 08:50 PM)fa1nt Wrote: EDIT: how could i forget probably the first parody video of this kind to appear Big Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEJHrmliVQw the one that started it all

It's actually one of those that appeared later.
Also hai.

I tried it today and WOW.

I made pretty nice things with the map editor(things I wanted for Xonotic).

If they add more weapons, it hads a looooot of potential.

PD: In my opinion.
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

I couldn't play it, because of some MESA bug - crashes every time I join/create a game.
So... I'm staying here xD
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I looked at the code for a little and it seems is going to be instagib-only. Bad thing.
XMPP Conferences
xonotic@conference.jabber.org → General discussion
xonotic@conf.jabberes.org → Spanish-speakers
I pronounce it Shonotic.

(06-11-2014, 12:31 PM)SouL Wrote: I looked at the code for a little and it seems is going to be instagib-only. Bad thing.

I didn't mind minsta at first but now I'm favouring weapons Tongue I would prefer to have say 4 usable weapons with awesome balance than 20 that let me spam away.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music My new music release unfa 6 7,713 11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Vengeance – (DISREGARD, NO NEW FORK) PCLizard 28 23,211 10-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: nowego4
  A new "strange fork" project from Nexuiz BARTUC 11 15,272 11-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste
  [Game Release] Welcome to Offendix! offendix 25 29,376 04-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Last Post: divVerent