Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEED HELP] Vehicles

I'm working on the documentation on vehicles; however, I don't play enough vehicles so I need some help here. Specifically,

1. (EDIT: Done. Thanks, Mario.) Can somebody send me screenshots of these four official vehicles? I am not at all an expert on modeling and a few tools I tried don't give me the right result.
  • Bumble Bee
  • Racer
  • Raptor
  • Spiderbot

Ideally each vehicle can have two screenshots -- one taken from outside the vehicle, and one from inside the cockpit.

2. Can somebody verify the information about vehicle control?

3. Do we have official maps that'll support these vehicles?

There are no offical maps with vehicles.

This maps is propably the clostest to offical and it contains all vehicles.
http://dl.xonotic.co/unsealedtrial3-full...c7dcaa.pk3
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Thanks, Cortez. I noted that in the wiki.

(07-06-2016, 09:08 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote: Thanks, Cortez. I noted that in the wiki.

Just skimmed it but Spiderbot and Raptor weapon styles can be switched. The Spider bot has three kinds of rockets. Heat seeker, no heat seeker stright proppeled ones and long range artillery like ones. The Raptor has flares to keep away the Spiderbot and turret heat seeker missiles.

Fuck wish I kept my demos would have had awesome videos with me in Spiderbot going against Zkutch in Raptor. That guy was quite insane in it but seems since I stopped my EU vehicle server a year ago or so he hasn't been back. I don't think he liked the new server lol. I'll see what I got on my work computer, might still have some old demos. You can go head to head with Raptor Vs Spiderbot and using the bots misslies but have to switch them quite often and time the release right. The problem is with the heat seekers is you can't see the Rapote above you to target but you can switch to artillery missiles. With their trajectory and proper timing you could hit the Raptor when its right above you and catch the pilot off hand.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

(07-07-2016, 02:52 PM)end user Wrote: Just skimmed it but Spiderbot and Raptor weapon styles can be switched. The Spider bot has three kinds of rockets. Heat seeker, no heat seeker stright proppeled ones and long range artillery like ones. The Raptor has flares to keep away the Spiderbot and turret heat seeker missiles.

Thanks a lot! This is really helpful. Honestly I don't play vehicles that much -- I just thought we all need documentation on those so I started doing it.

I'll edit your info into the wiki as well. Right now I put a notice at the top to mark this wiki page as work in progress. I also removed the [solved] marking from this post for now.

I never knew weapons are switchable. Do you use +weapnext/+weapprev to switch them? I noticed the reticle/crosshair style changes when I do so, but it's unclear to me what difference it makes.

(07-07-2016, 02:52 PM)end user Wrote: You can go head to head with Raptor Vs Spiderbot and using the bots misslies but have to switch them quite often and time the release right. The problem is with the heat seekers is you can't see the Rapote above you to target but you can switch to artillery missiles. With their trajectory and proper timing you could hit the Raptor when its right above you and catch the pilot off hand.

Great tip!

I assume one can switch to artillery missiles by using +weapnext, correct?

Do you know whether other vehicles also have multiple weapons?

I'm struggling with the names of vehicle weapons, too.

Mario, could you chime in as well?

(07-07-2016, 04:33 PM)BuddyFriendGuy Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 02:52 PM)end user Wrote: Just skimmed it but Spiderbot and Raptor weapon styles can be switched. The Spider bot has three kinds of rockets. Heat seeker, no heat seeker stright proppeled ones and long range artillery like ones. The Raptor has flares to keep away the Spiderbot and turret heat seeker missiles.

Thanks a lot! This is really helpful. Honestly I don't play vehicles that much -- I just thought we all need documentation on those so I started doing it.

I'll edit your info into the wiki as well. Right now I put a notice at the top to mark this wiki page as work in progress. I also removed the [solved] marking from this post for now.

I never knew weapons are switchable. Do you use +weapnext/+weapprev to switch them? I noticed the reticle/crosshair style changes when I do so, but it's unclear to me what difference it makes.

(07-07-2016, 02:52 PM)end user Wrote: You can go head to head with Raptor Vs Spiderbot and using the bots misslies but have to switch them quite often and time the release right. The problem is with the heat seekers is you can't see the Rapote above you to target but you can switch to artillery missiles. With their trajectory and proper timing you could hit the Raptor when its right above you and catch the pilot off hand.

Great tip!

I assume one can switch to artillery missiles by using +weapnext, correct?

Do you know whether other vehicles also have multiple weapons?

I'm struggling with the names of vehicle weapons, too.

Mario, could you chime in as well?

Yah when the icons switches it activates the new weapon/feature.

One thing though normal Vehicle physics are quite a bit different than on the current Vehicle servers. I didn't change them much on mine, just made the vehicles a b it faster, jump higher and have a bit more armor.

Personally I thought they were too slow so sped them up a small mount but nothing to take away from balance.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Dunno if this will be helpful or not, but i once posted ideas for the 3rd person view here: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1996
4m038105 - Be the change.

Thanks, end user. I'll discuss with Mario about further correction.

The mysterious Mr. 4m, thank you for the useful tip. I'll put that into the wiki as well.

Maybe short videos of how each vehicles weapons fires/changes?

(07-09-2016, 04:00 AM)end user Wrote: Maybe short videos of how each vehicles weapons fires/changes?

That's an excellent suggestion. However, I don't really understand how to actually use each weapon (and again, their names). I'd appreciate if somebody can help me out with the names and usage of those weapon.