Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Local LAN Xonotic game server player Stats

Does anyone have instructions on how to setup a "dashboard" of sorts to display the players stats on a dedicated monitor?
Every two or 3 months i hold an old school LAN party at my house for about 10-15 people. I have a dedicated Xonotic server setup already. I would like to find a way to have the local LAN players stats displayed up on a dedicated monitor. Any help is much appreciated.
thanks
Jason
p.s. Since we have discovered this game we pretty much abandoned ever other game out there. This has become the hit of the party. Long live Xonotic!

There xonotic-server-list javascript app - https://github.com/z/xonotic-server-list It displays current server status and IIRC the scoreboard too.
If you have programming skills you can write a monitor app yourself. It's pretty easy to connect to a xonotic server using its rcon protocol and listen for events. IRC bots work that way. But as I said, it requires programming skills.

(11-08-2018, 03:24 PM)morosophos Wrote: There xonotic-server-list javascript app - https://github.com/z/xonotic-server-list It displays current server status and IIRC the scoreboard too.
If you have programming skills you can write a monitor app yourself. It's pretty easy to connect to a xonotic server using its rcon protocol and listen for events. IRC bots work that way. But as I said, it requires programming skills.

Is there an easier way to do this locally on my personal server rather than pull from the main public server list? mine is set to private.

thank you,
Jason

@Jason, there are many ways to do it, but if you are looking for an easy one without having to program, you likely will have to compromise a bit on what you get.

For example, you can have a big screen showing your server's page on the public stats, like this for my server.

Another idea is to setup your own stats website, and have your game server submit stats to your own stats website. But then again, the result is a page like the above.

Or setup a bounty and see whether you can hire somebody to program for you and your group. If you have that many people, they can all pitch in a bit.

So i've continued the LAN parties now for quite some time. I now have a dedicated Xonotic server on linux and have been learning linux for the past few years.
I would like to revisit this Dashboard idea once again.
What is the easiest, quickest way to get a simple player stats on a separate TV or monitor that shows only the results of the current playing.
i would like to do a contest of who has the most frags at the end of the night. (obviously they cannot change their screen name otherwise that would reset them back to zero)
what is the best way to produce live stats from the games we are currently playing?

https://omaera.org/~z411/xonotic/

Maybe z411 knows?
FAF - FERIS - COPENHAGEN - DENMARK - GNU/Linux  Heart
Homepage: https://feris-xonotic.net

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [NEED HELP] How to setup a LAN ? Sospi 1 501 02-07-2024, 08:28 PM
Last Post: [CISN] Neigdoig
  LAN game possible? daveasdf222 3 4,230 01-23-2024, 11:51 PM
Last Post: kennaanna
  I can't see my listen server on server list fnmain 1 672 10-07-2023, 07:28 AM
Last Post: Grimnack
  Server not visible on the server browser for others or me DankoLord 1 1,819 02-21-2023, 08:02 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Connecting stats Zaphod 0 1,275 11-21-2022, 10:54 AM
Last Post: Zaphod
  [META] Deploying Xonotic using GKE Game Servers? FAF 4 1,823 09-14-2022, 08:32 AM
Last Post: cushinga
  A certain server seems to manipulate stats of it's players by not listing some games nj 7 3,069 08-14-2022, 02:48 AM
Last Post: FAF
  BaI server | South American Xonotic server (located in Chile) z411 0 2,753 01-02-2022, 11:36 PM
Last Post: z411
  Full server tutorial start-2-finish with maps & config from live server xonotic.us.to ballerburg9005 0 8,040 09-03-2021, 10:21 AM
Question [NEED HELP] Server uses 40% CPU whereas Nexuiz server runs with max 10% e-pig 6 4,965 08-19-2020, 10:17 PM