Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Merchandising!

i thought merchandising would be a good idea. Wait, hear me out: i mean things like mouse pointers/cursor sets, icons, signatures that are free to copy. Last night i got me a torrent copy of the mint-fresh preview release of Xonotic, seeded a bit and started working on the cursors. (i don't know why yes i am weird shut up already.)

i won't be able to finish anytime soon, since i have a lot of work to do, currently, but i wanted to encourage others to follow my footsteps and slip in my shoes. i will leave my shoes here by the exit.

4m's "shoes":
Preparation of the alpha-blended PNG's in the GIMP:
First, prepare a new folder and copy the cursor and crosshair JPG's that have alpha in their filenames. Open the JPG files in the GIMP and create a Layer > Mask of the greyscale copy of the layer and apply the mask (you may need to invert the mask, first). Save as PNG.

The rest depends on what system You're on and what system you intend to create the cursors/mouse pointers for.

If you work on Windows i recommend RealWorld Cursor Editor. It creates cursors for Windows XP and above.

On Linux there's Gursor Maker, which creates mouse pointers for X11.

i haven't attempted creating Linux mouse pointers on Windows or creating Windows cursors on Linux, yet. Feel free to try the RealWorld Cursor Editor in WINE, if you're on Linux. Dunno what else is available.
4m038105 - Be the change.

Ringtones are something that would be nice as well. Maybe just a small snippet of the Xonotic theme song, or a choice between a number of songs featured in Xonotic maps Big Grin
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

i could make a ring tone...

imo needs chooksta t-shirts

:^

Weapon or model hurt sounds would make for some nice ringtones. Big Grin

And t-shirts could be used for donations. (Get some sacks made from linen, cut 3 holes and write "Xonotic" with a waterproof marker all over them. Fans will buy it!)

erebus plushie
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote:Weapon or model hurt sounds would make for some nice ringtones. Big Grin

Just not the pyria hurt sound, that could lead to some potentially awkward situations XD

The mysterious Mr. 4m Wrote:And t-shirts could be used for donations. (Get some sacks made from linen, cut 3 holes and write "Xonotic" with a waterproof marker all over them. Fans will buy it!)

Much the same thing could be done with garbage bags to make raincoats Smile
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Yay raincoats! See? We already have a collection!

Need models to advertise them!