:o

best?

will it run this game ok?

lol

whats the best you guys know of?

no supercomputers plz

:^

let the challenge begin!

well this one is from the shop I got my current pc from...

http://www.ichbinleise.de/leise-PCs/ichb...:3769.html

It's got a quad channel raid of four 128 GB SSDs o.O

Of course my current PC is more than three years old so I don't have three GTX 580 in mine. Actually, my current PC doesn't even have multiple GPUs. I kind of bought from the lower end of the price scale there :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

The game is still buggy and unoptimized. I own gtx 570, sometimes fps drops to 5/

(02-03-2011, 02:12 PM)darthrevan Wrote: I own gtx 570, sometimes fps drops to 5/

Odd. I have a radeon 5670 and I haven't gotten lower than 30fps (then again, 1280 x 1024 isn't very demanding).
[Image: b_560x95.png]

(02-03-2011, 05:11 PM)greasem0nkey Wrote: Odd. I have a radeon 5670 and I haven't gotten lower than 30fps (then again, 1280 x 1024 isn't very demanding).
All maxed out? I play on 1920x1080. With all maxed out I have fps around 100-300, but in some places it drops to 5-30. In aggressor it is 10 fps everywhere until I switch to low graphics. I tried to figure out what causes that, but to no avail.
I use latest git version. This performance issue applies both to linux and windows.

(02-04-2011, 01:36 AM)darthrevan Wrote:
(02-03-2011, 05:11 PM)greasem0nkey Wrote: Odd. I have a radeon 5670 and I haven't gotten lower than 30fps (then again, 1280 x 1024 isn't very demanding).
All maxed out? I play on 1920x1080. With all maxed out I have fps around 100-300, but in some places it drops to 5-30. In aggressor it is 10 fps everywhere until I switch to low graphics. I tried to figure out what causes that, but to no avail.
I use latest git version. This performance issue applies both to linux and windows.

Daaamn, maxed out? I can do that, but I'll only get like 30fps though I run the game at 2048 X 1536. I got a 256 bit Geforce 9800GTX with a gig of RAM. Running maxed out isn't particularly the smartest idea imo since you can fine tune the game pretty well and tune it to your machine lowering stuff that isn't noticeable while cranking stuff that is.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

wtf , keep to the thread guys , lol Big Grin

but if u must know i run xonotic on 800x600 (thingo)
1.2 gig of ram
256 nivida (whatever) card
60 gig hardrive
gaming keyboard
razor mouse
2 screens
oh and my cpu is a laptop , NEC versa p8100 (umm 5 years old...?)
xp pro.

never really crashed and old game fps is 50-100 , new game is 40-60
all features , anything is turned down 4 games and os shitz

lol if u want , yes i can buy any cpu (me plumber , office has 2 cpus etc etc etc)
but omg this old thing simply works , and loads faster than vista crap , etc etc

but please i really want to know guys (just 4 fun btw) , help me find the BEST / latest gaming cpu out there , (i may buy one day)

NOTE! , THIS IS EPIC , COST NO OBJECT, CONSUMER LEVEL GAMING MACHINES!
2010-2011 (unless there is some old thing that shitz on even the newest)

btw , that you tube vid i put up , i just wondered if somehow i could contact him , and ask him if he could run our game to see and show us the fps and maybe some vid or pics of the game.
maybe even his thoughts on the game.

i may need help , maybe there is other people that would help (also has cool setups like what i found) , maybe a comp? , lol (omg ! fps comp , highest wins , even a low fps comp 4 me , lol)

(02-04-2011, 07:26 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Daaamn, maxed out? I can do that, but I'll only get like 30fps though I run the game at 2048 X 1536. I got a 256 bit Geforce 9800GTX with a gig of RAM. Running maxed out isn't particularly the smartest idea imo since you can fine tune the game pretty well and tune it to your machine lowering stuff that isn't noticeable while cranking stuff that is.
Well, actually I dont use geometry - insane, and do not use lossless textures, besides that everything maxedSmile With insane geometry it is a slide show.

I remember I tweaked the shadows when I ran the game at 1280 X 1024 (the regular shadows look kinda blocky at that res).

Here's a shot of the stuff in the menu (reduced res to fit on page):

[Image: grac8ft7x74fym6wjb.jpg]

Because of how noticeable they are, I have the decal distance CRANKED to like 2000 or something and a 6 second fade. The particles I've never been able to notice past 1000 so that's where I set it, the HDR isn't THAT NOTICEABLE unless you tweak it and even then it's an FPS killer, relief mapping is also an FPS killer that doesn't d0 much to help the look of the game (unless it ever gets patched), at native res or really anything past 1280 X 1024 (especially on a CRT) anti-aliasing isn't worth it, and the antisotropy isn't noticeable past 4X to me anyway. At 90fps capped you can cheat the anti-aliasing by tweaking the (set so there's ALWAYS blur) motion blur as well. Geometry past normal isn't noticeable either. I used to run the textures maxed, but my card seems to have a tendency to go coolface on me (probably because it was damaged from a certain infamous driver) so that's out of the question until I upgrade after it dies, fortunately maxed textures are only noticeable at a stand-still when I'm examining my screen instead of actually playing. The flexibility this game has is truly ridiculous and unseen in almost everything else out there.

Oh wait.

so.....

you guys got nuttin that will kick that cpu i referenced then.

lol

frail

I may be resurrecting a thread over a week old, but the best computers are built, not sold. Wink

(03-03-2011, 04:54 PM)Friskydingo Wrote: I may be resurrecting a thread over a week old, but the best computers are built, not sold. Wink

True that, it's also a hell of a lot cheaper to build one as well. A system that costs a grand to build over here would probably cost you a good $2000-$3000 to buy pre-built, especially if you go with brand names like Dell (aka HELL) or Hewlett Packard.

Oh wait.

btw , i tried emailing that guy , and asked him if he could test our game on that epic cpu,
im waiting 4 a reply.....

lets hope!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Tongue whats ur mousepad? - or gaming gear worth mentioning :) N3phr!s 49 41,251 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Last Post: HellYeah
  Best settings config for instagib voice 8 18,050 08-29-2012, 07:24 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
Information Optimising computer performance edh 10 37,865 08-26-2012, 06:22 PM
Last Post: tZork
  Low fidelity graphics for best performance. Anarchee 2 5,113 02-21-2012, 05:12 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo