Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] 360 Degree Panoramic Display support

Was looking for a place to recycle old computer parts today, where I came across a local library computer recycling bin. Inside I found 20 working 17in LCD screens. A pretty good find considering they were free! Smile
[Image: o19jpyinhtfoqczo52m_thumb.jpg]

Anyway I always wanted to create a 360 degree panoramic display and I figure this is my chance! I already have an 8 vga connector so i figure an 8 screens will be enough. Turns out its already been done with quake 3.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cqh_F4iN8...re=related
Would love to see this working with Xonotic. Or course it is not a needed right now, but might be a fun little project.
Not sure how well 1280 x 1024 x 8 or 10240 x 1024 will run on my GTX480 but we will have to find out Tongue
If i cannot get it to work well as a 360 degree panoramic display, it will become a 8 screen trading station which is fine by me. http://www.invest2success.com/images/tra...creens.jpg

of course this would be more ideal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yqVChaRB...re=related but none the less this is more easily implemented. Smile
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

Would like to see someone accomplish that, but I would imagine the performance would drop to a creeping halt.

PS: Any chance you would send me 1 or 2 of those? =D. I've been running on my 10 year old 15" HP CRT ever since my LCD broke on me, which sucked cuz I totally can't afford another one.
[Image: jngsiggy.png]

lol where do u live? I'm in Australia, probably wouldn't be worth the shipping? I recommend you find your nearest computer recycling bin Tongue
At the moment, removing the casing to get as thin profile as possible.
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

Can you use a combination of stereobuffer (for two views with 180 degrees angle to each other), and Xinerama (to have a 4 screens wide display)?
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

[Image: b2d3kveof3ou05yjllr_thumb.jpg]
4*2
or

[Image: 1cw90alqpxd34v9s1j5_thumb.jpg]
3*3
if i decide to do one large screen?

or maybe another size with more screens, if i can figure out how to

oo yes might use Xinerama divVerent Smile

4x2 looks better imo Smile

OH GOD! LCD... MOTION BLUR, INPUT LAG... Have fun with that! lol I wonder how big of a desktop you can get with all of those.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [SUGGESTION] Oculus VR Rift support O_Samen 45 47,710 04-25-2020, 04:49 PM
Last Post: MirceaKitsune
  [SUGGESTION] iPadOS Support KevDoy 8 4,662 11-23-2019, 08:43 AM
Last Post: martin-t
  [SUGGESTION] Display Flag Beagle 3 3,980 06-28-2016, 05:23 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Don't display name of invisible players Micha 3 4,624 08-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Samual
  [SUGGESTION] Support for Quake 3 models Icyton 10 14,626 12-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Last Post: pontinius
Video [SUGGESTION] Enable <video> support on formus. Minkovsky 3 5,232 05-19-2011, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Minkovsky
  [SUGGESTION] Display nic names + account control ? lunitix 17 19,166 12-17-2010, 03:06 PM
Last Post: nowego4