Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whisky Media

Not sure if you guys have heard of GiantBomb.com
but they totally pimped you out on their whisky media happy hour tonight!
They play a game live with their community every week on Thursdays and were playing Quake III this week, so I suppose for their weekly roundup they sort of showcased your game live in front of thousands of viewers! I really hope you guys get some players live as I've been playing and I really dig this game.

I'm Koshka btw O,o

HOLYSHIT! Are you serious?! That's pretty cool if this is true.

Yea, no joke! Jeff (one of the main editors) was playing it live in front of literally thousands of people haha
I really dig where this game is and I hope that it brings some traffic, if I can rally people I'm going to start playing regularly.

I actually was playing tonight with two people who saw it on the show... only problem is the servers we played on seemed super buggy. In one the character models came up as... well diamonds, and then in the other my cam was against the ground and most of the textures weren't loading...

I really need to figure out what's going on with this game really. I love to play it against bots, I just want to get something going with friends.

(07-30-2011, 12:09 AM)Koshka Wrote: Yea, no joke! Jeff (one of the main editors) was playing it live in front of literally thousands of people haha
I really dig where this game is and I hope that it brings some traffic, if I can rally people I'm going to start playing regularly.

I actually was playing tonight with two people who saw it on the show... only problem is the servers we played on seemed super buggy. In one the character models came up as... well diamonds, and then in the other my cam was against the ground and most of the textures weren't loading...

I really need to figure out what's going on with this game really. I love to play it against bots, I just want to get something going with friends.

Using the old-as-hell preview release (which had one of the most disastrous of balances in it) will likely do that. Use the autobuilds to avoid that. Maybe someone should replace the preview link with the autobuild link.

btw, here's the autobuild:
http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=1863

(07-30-2011, 01:22 AM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: Using the old-as-hell preview release (which had one of the most disastrous of balances in it) will likely do that. Use the autobuilds to avoid that. Maybe someone should replace the preview link with the autobuild link.

It's sad because people that try xonotic use the preview release and devs aren't showing interest in changing that. They should have posted something more recent if not the autobuild script.

We have interest in changing that. A 0.2 release is planned "pretty soon". And yes, the autobuild could be placed on the main site - but below the regular download link, as the autobuilds are NOT "stable releases".
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Ah emkay. Jeff mentioned that you can download autobuilds, but didn't seem to stress that point too much. There really is no intuitive way of knowing that just from coming and looking that the 0.2 is the one you should probably be trying. I'll be posting on the GB forums tonight about the game however and seeing if I can rope some of the community over Tongue

Thanks for the awesome game.

(07-30-2011, 12:09 AM)Koshka Wrote: Yea, no joke! Jeff (one of the main editors) ....

JEFF!!!! XD

GiantBomb.com Wrote:We're into horses, shooting dudes, and viewers like you.

i'm not sure how to take this statement....
4m038105 - Be the change.

Yes, you have caught the attention of at least one new person from the Giant Bomb community. So that's, what, 3 overnight?

Being a Linux type, I've actually tried out Nexuiz. Once upon a time, though. You're looking much better these days. Impressive, guys.

Jeff has briefly talked about Xonotic and Nexuiz a few times in the past, it just probably made no sense to anyone that hasn't already dabbled.

...and you obviously even have an opportunity to give Xonotic a +1:

http://www.giantbomb.com/xonotic/61-36015/

welcome to the forums and possibly as well as hopefully to the community!
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

+1'ed and liked. I wanna contribute in at least a menial way. I make a lot of electronic music, but I don't think it'd be in the interest of anyone to be honest.

i'd be interested! (even if just from sick curiosity XD)
4m038105 - Be the change.

50 min of badly produced music X]
http://soundcloud.com/koshkaemergence/sets/koshka/

Some piano
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyEuvPqudVE

Super varied in genre to be honest.

Maybe this should just be a thread where people from Whiskey Media can introduce themselves Tongue.

I'm Pete and I found this through their site also, and if I remember your name correctly Koshka, I was someone that played with you last night! Also, your music isn't as bad as you make it out to be, you've definitely put effort into it.

I'm not really that skilled into the whole video game making thing, though I can definitely spread the word. I make some amount of music as well, though it seems you have plenty of guys to do that. However, I'll try and make some Quake style industrial track sometime if I can work it out.

So yeah, that's about it.

whisky and media ,
two of my favorite words put together , mmmmm

anyway welcome guys , check out all the nerd chat in the forum and if ya wanna post some tunes , then the best spot (i think)

http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=173 (music thread for all music)

or start a section under development

also koshka , such trippy tunes mate , you must of been fed lsd as a baby Big Grin

t

:^

Hehe, I investigated my share of mycology, but overall I actually did all of that music completely sober.

And thank you so much.

You guys can join #xonotic.pickup channel on IRC server: quakenet.org

Pickup channel, where you can play against other experienced (and some new) players, player's are almost all friendly and helpful and it's a good way to learn and get quick better Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org