Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
New to Xonotic, not to fraggin'

Hey, saw you in Antibody's duel server the other day. You should hang out on irc, most stuff happens there. Actually, I'll also pm you the info for the mumble server that my clan hangs out in every night if you want it. We don't play/like xonotic too much (actually most of us despise it lol, only three mit members play it including me), but all of us played nexuiz.
Anyhow, catch you later!

(12-22-2011, 11:20 AM)PCLizard Wrote: Hey, saw you in Antibody's duel server the other day. You should hang out on irc, most stuff happens there. Actually, I'll also pm you the info for the mumble server that my clan hangs out in every night if you want it. We don't play/like xonotic too much (actually most of us despise it lol, only three mit members play it including me), but all of us played nexuiz.
Anyhow, catch you later!

Hey Mate

I recall you very well. You gents were the ones explaining some things to me. I like the game, but the the obscene lack of activity... As I mentioned in the beginning of this thread, I really dig CA gameplay. Never was a fan of DM simply for the inherent flaws and one-sidedness snowball effect that usually happens.

I prefer everyone to be on an even playing field. That way, it all just comes down to raw skill. I'd much appreciate any contacts you can give me, I really want to feel like I am "part" of a community again. I'd like to have friends in a game that I can play with or even just shoot the shit with.

Good seein' ya again!
[Image: pontiniusslimsignature.jpg]

Yeah, CA is one of my favorite game modes too, partly because I don't need to run for collecting weapons and powerups, but mostly because you don't deal damage to yourself so you can boost yourself with the rocket launcher like a nuclear jack rabbit on adrenaline. Also I tend to kill myself with the splash damage of rocket launcher or mortar or even crylink in close combat in other game modes, which is kinda derp. Cool
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(12-22-2011, 11:54 AM)Halogene Wrote: Yeah, CA is one of my favorite game modes too, partly because I don't need to run for collecting weapons and powerups, but mostly because you don't deal damage to yourself so you can boost yourself with the rocket launcher like a nuclear jack rabbit on adrenaline. Also I tend to kill myself with the splash damage of rocket launcher or mortar or even crylink in close combat in other game modes, which is kinda derp. Cool

Well, in the old Ra3 days, rocket jumping didn't damage your health at all, but it did reduce your armor. They've included the laser here I guess that is much better for jumping, but i'm still adjusting to having to equip it first. I'm used to just having my trusty RL out always and being able to jump whenever my heart felt the need. LOL

I'm just adjusting in general really.. was waiting for my new mouse to arrive (my g9x broke 2 weeks ago) and ive been gaming on a wireless travel mouse since then. I just got my new mouse last night, but am now adjusting to the feel and sensitivity of it. I'd like to brush my skills up, but it looks as if the only way I'm gonna be able to play CA is to host a local server with bots... The only problem is, I skool the bots on the hardest setting... there's no issue there, I need practice against real players where my latency is 180+

In which timezone do you live?
I believe in should be possible to get a CA match in #xonotic.pickup (IRC).

I guess a lot are not here because of christmas time etc.

Oh damn another experienced player: "Go away and dont fragg me!" *hide behind the heavy mirio*
eh nevertheless a little "hi" to you Tongue
The mind is like a parachute, it only works, if it is open!

(12-22-2011, 12:40 PM)RaptorFX Wrote: Oh damn another experienced player: "Go away and dont fragg me!" *hide behind the heavy mirio*
eh nevertheless a little "hi" to you Tongue

Lol Raptor... I'm having a hard time determining if that was sarcasm or not lol.. Trust me, I haven't warmed up to this game quite yet, Lizard mopped the floor and all the walls with my ass the other night :p
(12-22-2011, 12:22 PM)Mirio Wrote: In which timezone do you live?
I believe in should be possible to get a CA match in #xonotic.pickup (IRC).

I guess a lot are not here because of christmas time etc.

I'm in the EST (eastern standard time) zone... and I often am on between 8pm - 2am... and there's never anyone else on at that time. I've seen a few here and there on at earlier times..

I haven't set up IRC yet, been rather busy lately with holiday shopping and stuff. but Its sounding more and more like that's where the party is at.

Well that would be around 0 AM - 8 AM here in Europe (CET). :| You could meet some on weekends I guess, but yeah IRC is a good choice. Tongue

(12-22-2011, 01:53 PM)Mirio Wrote: Well that would be around 0 AM - 8 AM here in Europe (CET). :| You could meet some on weekends I guess, but yeah IRC is a good choice. Tongue

I've neve used IRC before. What's involved with setup? whats the interface like?

Well you have a lot of IRC clients out there.
There are 2 simple ones:

- Webchat (for QuakeNet -> the server where the Xonotic channels are) = http://webchat.quakenet.org/
- ChatZilla = Addon for Firefox

I would not recommend them if you use IRC a lot though. Also you have to run both with your web browser (I personally don't like that).
As for Webchat, you just type your nick and a channel there. To join more channels (same for all clients) you just type /join #CHANNELNAME into the chatbox.

Example of Webchat:
http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/c8ns...5dwtaa.jpg

(In many clients you have to do a right click on a user to get info about him).
I use a version of X-Chat, which looks like this (German language is not default Tongue):
http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/images/78w4...baj11p.jpg

I'm pretty happy with it.

(12-22-2011, 12:52 PM)pontinius Wrote: I haven't warmed up to this game quite yet, Lizard mopped the floor and all the walls with my ass the other night :p

Just for your information, PCLizard is one of the TOP duellers around. He's in the winner bracket for the final round of the Xonotic Duel Tourney.

http://xonduel.tourney.cc/brackets/

So don't be impressed by him pwning you all the way. He usually does, with ALMOST everybody. Big Grin
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

hello, and welcome!

I am pretty bad at this game myself, but thats probably because I don't get a chance to play much.

anyway, when you start getting into mapping, you can hang out in the development channel, #xonotic on irc.freenode.net.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Hiya everyone! New to the community, but not the game :D alpha-carinae 4 3,418 05-22-2019, 08:48 PM
Last Post: alpha-carinae
  not new but in different region kammy 5 2,768 05-08-2019, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Finko
  Hi. Not so new here. wannawin 5 4,728 08-21-2016, 12:21 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  New to xonotic, not new to Canada! Snollygoster 10 5,980 06-30-2016, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  Not really new.. but introducing. asgarian 5 4,571 02-24-2014, 12:00 PM
Last Post: asgarian
  New to Xonotic, but not FPS undone 11 9,491 12-02-2012, 08:57 PM
Last Post: Ubiquitous Dirigibles
  Not really new, but more a comeback :) Ozomahtlii 14 12,115 05-03-2011, 04:09 PM
Last Post: RaptorFX