Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Filter out non-editable code and data

I am sorry if this was asked before here, but.

Can I filter out data and code that comes without source code at all?
As an alternative: can I just completely disable downloads?
P.S. Yes, I looked into downloaded archives and many of them contain original .map file, but for *progs.dat there is no source provided often.
Thanks.

No license filtering, that would need some archive metadata system so that the server can inform you of the package's status, which we don't have. As for disabling downloads altogether, I think cl_curl_enabled controls that, just set it to 0. Or you could make your dlcache directory read-only. In any case, expect a lot of breakage from missing content.

Now, why do you want to do such a thing if I may ask?

What is "License filtering"?

Thanks

csprogs.dat is the client game code. progs.dat you shouldn't get at all from the server.
err, if you disable downloading that somehow, don't expect to be able to play on any servers, thats like a computer without OS,
unless they have _exactly_ the same version your client has.
the qcsource to the progs VM code can be found at the xonotic git repo.

(01-01-2012, 04:08 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: No license filtering, that would need some archive metadata system so that the server can inform you of the package's status, which we don't have. As for disabling downloads altogether, I think cl_curl_enabled controls that, just set it to 0. Or you could make your dlcache directory read-only. In any case, expect a lot of breakage from missing content.

Now, why do you want to do such a thing if I may ask?

Just for sure that the content will be reusable later Smile
I often like to edit maps or hack QC code, for learning.
Maybe I messed with title, but question is simple: filter out non-editable code and data.

Not related to xonotic. Use your console / filebrowser to filter pk3s (which are zip archives) containing a .map file.

Of Xonotic built-in content, all is editable. For some files, the source data is in the "mediasource" repository on git.xonotic.org that is not downloaded by default.

The source of progs.dat is in qcsrc/server/.
BRLOGENSHFEGLE (core dumped)

The Bot Orchestra is back! | Xoylent Easter Egg | 5bots1piano
My music on Google Play and SoundCloud

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [FIXED] Handle non-ASCII characters on http://dpmaster.deathmask.net/?game=xonotic Antares* 5 4,569 06-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Last Post: -z-
  [SUGGESTION] Evening teams out a little... rocknroll237 17 15,321 09-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  [SUGGESTION] Re-writing of CTF game code (want new ideas) Samual 52 65,212 10-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Last Post: RedGuff
  [SUGGESTION] Orange base and blue base instead of red and blue base? kay 24 19,284 06-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Last Post: divVerent