Download link: http://ompldr.org/vY2NjZg/fracture_b1.pk3

Thanks to:
asyyy
Sless
Mirio
fisume
halogene
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Well I tried it out with a bunch of bots and here is what I found

- graphics wise the out door section is nice... but I can get on-top of the glass roof and look down into the inside of the building where I shouldn't be able to see through.

-the outdoor extension is very awesome and complicated. However the inner corridors are rather barren and repetitive. (although i do like the pipe sections)

- the sloped sand has lots of potential for trick jumps and speed gains ... very nicely done.

-bot way-points either arn't set up right or arn't set up at all because bots don't move around much.

-------------hutty's score sheet-----------
+0 Graphics -- Nothing out of the ordinary
+1 Gameplay -- feel just like a small dm should feel + the extra sand slopes help
+1 Gamemode -- mini DM
+0 Sound -- i didn't notice anything unusual ... but my speaker/s (one is half busted ) suck so I might not be able to hear quiet sound effects
+1 Environment -- I gota give you a point for trying to block off the hard edge with sand and also sticking with the RedPlanet theme. Its good to have a set of maps that look like they belong on one planet
-----------

TOTAL = 3

that would be a A- B+

with 0 being a C

Yeah I remember this map from several months ago, looked interesting then and looks interesting now Big Grin

I don't have time to check it out right now unfortunately, perhaps when I update my servers i'll have this on there

(01-19-2012, 07:29 PM)hutty Wrote: -bot way-points either arn't set up right or arn't set up at all because bots don't move around much.

Cortez has a policy against adding support for bots, even if others set them up for him. The only movement from the bots comes from the waypoints the game automatically puts in from items.

Y so mad about bots, they're cool, shoot stuff, pick stuff, turn around and that.

(01-19-2012, 07:29 PM)hutty Wrote: but I can get on-top of the glass roof and look down into the inside of the building where I shouldn't be able to see through.

well its a first beta. normally there are more important things then that like a solid gameplay.

(01-19-2012, 07:29 PM)hutty Wrote: However the inner corridors are rather barren and repetitive
same as above

(01-19-2012, 07:29 PM)hutty Wrote: bot way-points either arn't set up right or arn't set up at all because bots don't move around much.
There are no botway points. it don't use them, because in my opinion they can't replace a real player.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(01-20-2012, 04:48 AM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(01-19-2012, 07:29 PM)hutty Wrote: bot way-points either arn't set up right or arn't set up at all because bots don't move around much.
There are no botway points. it don't use them, because in my opinion they can't replace a real player.

Bots don't work perfectly so you make them not work at all? I really can't follow that reasoning, how is making things worse helping in any way?

Besides, who said bots are supposed to replace players? If they were, why would we have multiplayer at all? Bots are there to replace an empty map where there is nothing to shoot or dodge.

Well, DM certainly isn't very popular mode online. All three popular servers are CTF (one vehicular) and there is one occasional nexball server. I only played DM online once or twice so far.

Also, there are not many players either way, so playing with bots is a welcome replacement. Bots need loads of tweaking to be good, but it's still better than an empty map, no?

Quote:The only movement from the bots comes from the waypoints the game automatically puts in from items.

I find that curious, because on many maps, where bots don't move at all (campgrounds_b4, darkzone, aggressor - on darkzone some move, some get stuck in their respective spawn points), there are many items placed, so there clearly should be some movement.

[Image: page1.jpg]

(01-19-2012, 09:17 PM)nowego4 Wrote: Cortez has a policy against adding support for bots, even if others set them up for him.

[Image: page2.jpg]

(01-20-2012, 04:48 AM)Cortez666 Wrote: There are no botway points. it don't use them, because in my opinion they can't replace a real player.

[Image: page3.jpg]

(01-20-2012, 05:31 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Besides, who said bots are supposed to replace players?

[Image: page4.jpg]

(01-20-2012, 05:31 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Bots are there to replace an empty map where there is nothing to shoot or dodge.

[Image: page5.jpg]
[Image: page6.jpg]
[Image: page7.jpg]
[Image: page8.jpg]
[Image: page9.jpg]
[Image: page10.jpg]
[Image: signature.php] [Image: DVlpo.png]

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

rofl Soelen!

Absolute brilliance.

Relevant to the waypoints: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=2534

They just got 20x easier and faster to make. There is almost no excuse now.

(01-20-2012, 06:19 AM)rafallus Wrote: Well, DM certainly isn't very popular mode online. All three popular servers are CTF (one vehicular) and there is one occasional nexball server. I only played DM online once or twice so far.

well it's now on a server dm, where nearly every day matches are played.

(01-20-2012, 06:19 AM)rafallus Wrote: on darkzone some move, some get stuck in their respective spawn points

i didn't placed there waypoints either

the map is now online on the . eXiLe 1on1 Tournament Server X .

The outdoor area (which is very good by itself) and the indoor area (which is meh) don't mesh very well. It's like trying to stick evilspace and downer together.

That's how I felt. Indoor areas have way to much repeat and rust.

•nowego will watch development of future betas

Quote:i didn't placed there waypoints either

Even more curiously, there is a waypoint.cache file for each of these maps, containing some coordinates. I have it in /xonotic/data/data/maps. I will post its contents in another, related thread.

(01-20-2012, 02:06 PM)rafallus Wrote:
Quote:i didn't placed there waypoints either

Even more curiously, there is a waypoint.cache file for each of these maps, containing some coordinates. I have it in /xonotic/data/data/maps. I will post its contents in another, related thread.

This is the autogenerated one, I believe.

While i agree that bots are mainly cannon food & pickup eaters, having waypoints is part of finishing a map. Also, at some point the bots will surely get a major overhaul. It would take like.. 5 mins at most? in a map like this, so why not simply add it and let the ppl that want to play with bots do so..?

As for the map, i haven't tested it yet, but small dm maps feels like a good idea atm. Ill have a look later tonight.

LMAO @ Soelen
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

reasons why bots are important
--xonotic is still new - ish ... sometimes there are many people online ... sometimes none .... in which case there is single player
-- many people complain that xonotic doesn't have a finished single player ... it is something people expect
-- I will soon be making maps specially designed for single player campaigns

---------------

-- yes bots arn't very good at the moment (with the exception of fish slapping skills) but the are meant to substitute for real players when there are none available. making your map single-player-ready (SPR) will probably help future development.

(01-21-2012, 06:38 PM)hutty Wrote: --xonotic is still new - ish ... sometimes there are many people online ...
in that case you can just join an irc channel and ask if someone wants to join

(01-21-2012, 06:38 PM)hutty Wrote: -- many people complain that xonotic doesn't have a finished single player ... it is something people expect
bots and a singleplayer campaign are something totally different. The people who want a singleplayer campaign want more then just bot matches.

(01-21-2012, 06:38 PM)hutty Wrote: I will soon be making maps specially designed for single player campaigns
you mean botmatches? or a real singleplayer campaign? like quake

(01-21-2012, 06:38 PM)hutty Wrote: making your map single-player-ready (SPR) will probably help future development.
How?

(01-24-2012, 10:52 AM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(01-21-2012, 06:38 PM)hutty Wrote: --xonotic is still new - ish ... sometimes there are many people online ...
in that you can just join an irc channel and ask if someone wants to join
Not everyone knows about IRC, and not everyone wants to engage with the community. They mostly want something to do while waiting for other players to join.

(01-21-2012, 06:38 PM)hutty Wrote: -- many people complain that xonotic doesn't have a finished single player ... it is something people expect
bots and a singleplayer campaign are something totally different. The people who want a singleplayer campaign want more then just bot matches.
Don't we have bots in the current SP campaign? Why do you say bots have nothing to do with SP?

(01-21-2012, 06:38 PM)hutty Wrote: making your map single-player-ready (SPR) will probably help future development.
How?
Because as the mapper, you are more qualified than anybody else to know how you want your waypoints. It helps because others won't have to spend time on it if your map goes into the repo. Also, testing.

In other news, I admire your dedication to using the right quoting syntax for every quote :o

people who want a single player campaign want a linear story with characters and set pieces that is not possible to achieve with "just bot matches".
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Quake 3 Arena had singleplayer just like this. So did Unreal Tournament, in a way.

PS. waypoints on this map are tricky business. Rocket launcher is out of reach for bots, unless they'll learn to laserjump.

Hm, this is confusing. We already have a thing called "singleplayer campaign" don't we? Shouldn't we call the kind of stuff you suggest "story mode"?