Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] A few simple tweaks

They refer to various categories, so no particular name of topic:

-In server browser, how about sorting by amount of players by default?
-In cvar list, how about making search work as "contains" filter rather than "starts with"? For example, one of first settings are "accuracy_color". If I type "color", those do not show in results, because name does not start with "color" - I have to type "accuracy". It would come in handy for further cvars, because we wouldn't have to guess, what a name starts with, instead any part of name would do.
-"Instant action", if selects DM or TDM, should make target score dependent on set amount of bots. Now you can get 1on1 DM up to 30 or even 50 if TDM, which IMO is too much. My idea would be 10*number_of_bots, up to 50 or 60.
-In LMS mode, how about showing amount of lives left in upper right corner, where frags would be shown in DM? Currently, there are only zeros next to names.

- no ... server list should be sorted by ping ... so new people will try good servers for them first (note this is me coming from the US where there are very few low ping servers)

- yes .. yes .. yes .. YES

- sounds reasonable

- wait... theres a frag counter in the corner? ... how long has that been there? (yes thats a good idea too)

If you want to search for things that contain 'color', all you need to do is enter *color* (note the asterisks).

Or if you want to search for things that end with 'color': *color
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

(03-13-2012, 01:09 PM)ThePWTULN Wrote: If you want to search for things that contain 'color', all you need to do is enter *color* (note the asterisks).

Bump old thread, because it doesn't work for me, at least in current autobuild. Ticket time? Though I guess "contains" filter would still be superior option, because it's consistent with filtering for server browser.

(06-02-2012, 06:51 AM)rafallus Wrote:
(03-13-2012, 01:09 PM)ThePWTULN Wrote: If you want to search for things that contain 'color', all you need to do is enter *color* (note the asterisks).

Bump old thread, because it doesn't work for me, at least in current autobuild. Ticket time? Though I guess "contains" filter would still be superior option, because it's consistent with filtering for server browser.

*color* works perfectly fine for me in git.

"Contains" filter is problematic, because then there is no way to reliably list cvars that start with a certain prefix. It's restrictive compared to what we have now, which is by the way consistant with the cvarlist command (match beginning of cvar, or whole cvar if there are wildcards).

Nevermind, I keep on forgetting about ending one.

How about two checkboxes for automatic adding asterisk in the beginning or and end? Sth like:

Code:
if(checkbox_add_asterix_beginning.checked)
   filter = "*" + filter;
if(checkbox_add_asterix_end.checked)
   filter += "*";
//and then actual filtering

That way you kill two birds with one stone: you don't have to worry about forgetting typing them and nothing would get broken, as if you leave them unchecked, you get current behavior.

Or maybe, just maybe, push that button marked "*" on your keyboard.

I agree that it is not clear at first how the patterns are matched. The problem is to build on top of the cvarlist matching. With buf_cvarlist, f there is no asterisk in pattern, then the list is matched against "pattern*". If there is one, it is matched against "pattern".

What you want to do is to use "*pattern*" when "Contains" is checked, while "contains" unchecked uses "pattern". Or maybe "pattern*". I don't think anyone would want to do exact matching, and it seems exact matching can't be done with buf_cvarlist anyway.

Feel free to give this a try if you want to learn some QC, it's a fun little project that lets you dig into the amazing menu code. It's in qcsrc/menu/xonotic/dialog_settings_misc_cvars.c

OK, thanks, I might sometime later.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Bringing back a few assets from Nexuiz as well as digging through the maps section Lee_Stricklin 1 3,618 12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Advanced Options tweaks that should maybe be default Lee_Stricklin 16 18,597 01-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Last Post: edh
  [SUGGESTION] Simple tweaks to improve bot AI rafallus 28 28,697 05-10-2012, 07:46 PM
Last Post: W4RP1G
  [SUGGESTION] Few ideas adem 13 15,250 03-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Last Post: edh
  [SUGGESTION] A few additions for The Big Benchmark edh 5 4,576 03-14-2012, 09:43 AM
Last Post: divVerent
Rainbow [SUGGESTION] simple play script (*nix) cocci 4 5,107 12-09-2011, 03:16 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] A Few Viral Marketing Ideas for Xonotic evit 31 39,734 04-11-2011, 05:08 AM
Last Post: Minkovsky
  [SUGGESTION] A Few New Ideas slash 7 9,848 02-10-2011, 10:28 AM
Last Post: Samual
  [SUGGESTION] A Simple Conversation Chryyz 52 52,873 02-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Gibs, decals, corpses and other tweaks Lee_Stricklin 8 8,396 09-01-2010, 03:05 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin