Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Simple items

I can remove the frames anytime. Also, only tinkering around, I'm not even sure when will I finish all items, weapons, etc.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Also, I think that way will make it really hard to see what weapons are, the only clue is the colors due to the high details, let's keep simple items simple.

What do you think about my and rafallus set btw?

http://ompldr.org/vZWs2eQ/showcase.png

Quote:I can remove the frames anytime. Also, only tinkering around, I'm not even sure when will I finish all items, weapons, etc.

Well, nifrek said that there can be more than one set of items, so feel free to make one, if you want to. I'm just not too enthusiastic about how it looks - frames on weapons need to go pronto - even then I'm not sure weapons will be much more discernible from afar. But as I said, extra set can't hurt, even if it won't be used by default.

Looks neat C. Brutail. What about, for example, framing ammo items with a hexagon instead of a square to accent the difference compared to weapon items?

(06-30-2012, 01:41 PM)rafallus Wrote: frames on weapons need to go pronto

They will go, WHEN I SAY they'll go on my set. Pronto.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Just some brainstorming, I think the lightning gun got pretty good, the rest, nah...

[Image: sketch1.png]

[Image: sketch2.png]

[Image: sketch3.png]

I'd simplify the mine a bit - a very low cylinder with "stripes" should do the trick. Like this:

.png   mine.png (Size: 2.5 KB / Downloads: 165)

LG looks fine to me.

Hook isn't beautiful, but seems to do the job - I proposed similar thing earlier, still yours is certainly better executed.

The hook will have to be remade, even if it looks that way, it's just a sketch.

Your Mine Layar works great, btw we can decide colors later?

Made the LG fatter and simplified it a bit so it's more detecedable:

http://ompldr.org/vZWtveA/sketch1.png

still sketch though, i know the gaps are wrong...

SVG source for mine layer. Feel free to change scaling/colors as you see fit.

Attached Files
.zip   mine_layer.zip (Size: 1.09 KB / Downloads: 1)

Can I just put a .pk3 into my data directory for this? I don't want to have to replace anything in the data.pk3 folder.

You need latest autobuild, then delete all simple items .dds, when put these once in /models in the pk3 data.

http://ompldr.org/vZWs2eg/items.zip

or

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/63587939/items.tar.lzma

Quote:Use the latest autobuild then put these into Xonotic's data pk3, it is found in /data in Xonotic's root directory. Just drag them into /models/items for the items and /models/weapons for the weapons icons. Then you have to remove the respective .dds files which are located in /dds in the data pk3.

When you've done that just launch Xonotic and open the console and type "cl_simple_items 1" and then start a single player match, I don't think they work in online matches yet.

(07-01-2012, 08:20 AM)rocknroll237 Wrote: Can I just put a .pk3 into my data directory for this? I don't want to have to replace anything in the data.pk3 folder.

I'll quote my own post from earlier in this thread. It is NOT needed to remove or change anything in the original data pk3s. You can build a "plug-and-play" package for simple items by having empty files with the same path as the original dds files you want the engine to ignore. An empty file in a pk3 loaded after any other file will discard that file from the engine's filesystem.

(06-15-2012, 05:11 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Oh, if dds priority is the issue, here's how you can fix it, nifrek: Just have an empty .dds file at the right path (next to the .tga). By empty I mean completely empty, not even a linebreak. That way, the engine will discard the file from the original data pk3 when loading this new pk3 and use the tga instead.

EDIT: Put the attached file in your personal data directory (~/.xonotic/data in *NIX, My Saved Games\Xonotic\data or something like that in Windows)
EDIT2: K__, take note, this is much easier to maintain, there's no risk of forgetting an uncompressed file somewhere since it's all bundled together. No mess and easy to undo.
EDIT3: Please tell me if that doesn't work, I assumed only dds/*.dds files got in the way, there seems to be some duplication (or rather symlinking) going on in the PK3 but I'm working off git and have no means to test dds.

Attached Files
.pk3   zzz_simpleitems-v0r2.pk3 (Size: 861.41 KB / Downloads: 6)

Put it into data folder, typed cl_simple_items 1 in console - old items still appear.

Updated the file in my post, I guess it's the *.dds files that count and not the dds/*.dds

EDIT: Hm, that's kinda weird. I don't see why it would not be dds/*.dds that counts.
EDIT2: Whatever, putting blank files for both now. Bumped to v0r2.

[Image: simpleitems.jpg]

metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

(07-01-2012, 10:40 AM)K__ Wrote: Very nice set zeroql :-), I dont like the overall style though, it probably would fit in warsow better. Hope someone can code the feature to easily change sets as nifrak mentioned earlier.

well helth was taken from warsaw and some other stuff...
metsu ZeRoQL (Stats) - <@nifrek> true, I guess in tdm you also dont always have your perfect choice of weapon, especially when ZeRoQL is controlling nex Dodgy
KILLING X ZONE - Xonotic community movie

Nex in fact is pretty much unchanged EB icon (WSW's nex/rail counterpart).

I'd still love to see those numbers you added for kill streaks in game.

Quote:EDIT2: Whatever, putting blank files for both now. Bumped to v0r2.

Still no dice :|

@ zeroql

The best ones I've seen made for the weapons.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(07-01-2012, 10:51 AM)rafallus Wrote: Nex in fact is pretty much unchanged EB icon (WSW's nex/rail counterpart).

I'd still love to see those numbers you added for kill streaks in game.

Quote:EDIT2: Whatever, putting blank files for both now. Bumped to v0r2.

Still no dice :|

Urgh. Could anyone else with autobuild test it, please?

That doesn't count, I need somebody with actual autobuild, with the unmodified pk3s.

@rafallus, what do you get with the xonotic console command which models/weapons/dds/g_gl_simple.dds or which models/weapons/g_gl_simple.dds?

^Those work very well. Thx.

So now all is left is to complete the set and then merge.

Quote:which models/weapons/dds/g_gl_simple.dds or which models/weapons/g_gl_simple.dds?

<path> isn't anywhere.

Big Grin yay ^^

Aah, that's the path! Not models/items/dds/ but dds/models/items/. Thank you K__ Smile

(You should have called it v0r3 by the way hehe)

(07-01-2012, 02:37 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: (You should have called it v0r3 by the way hehe)

Sorry sir!

Two questions regarding general mechanics of simple items:

1)MirceaKitsune has written a mutator turning items into physical entities, pushed when hit, etc. Are simple items compatible with that mutator (not yet merged as far as I know)?
2)Can icons of simple items replace side views of weapons on selection/accuracy screens?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random items & loot Lyberta 3 4,276 10-14-2017, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  simple Xonotic starter app Freddy 13 10,395 04-24-2016, 05:55 AM
Last Post: Pendulla