Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Community Podcast

I got this idea from another community i am involved in

Maybe once a month of fortnight we could run an organized discussion, featuring a group of players selected by invite, about a topic relating to competitive play. It would be recorded on a mumble server where there would be some sort of host who records the discussion along with the selected participants. Along with anyone else who wanted to listen in 'live' (these people would be muted). The recorded discussion would later be put on the website for anyone to download. Topics could include:

-maps
-teamwork (in ctf or tdm)
-weapon balance
-map control
-tournament organization
-game types
etc

The idea would be to produce a quality resource for people to see what experienced players think on these issues.

Example:
Show 1 - teamwork
participants:
-pcl
-nifrek
-rabs
-doku
-harry_ftw
-someone to direct the discussion and record

content:
players discussing/debating strategies for teamwork and team co-ordination in ctf and tdm.
(pooling ideas, discussing what does and doesn't work etc)

From my experience you can debate these issues for longer than you would at first think, and if we find that no one has anything to say about the issue we could move onto another topic from a list

At the end of the show, players in the mumble channel could be selected to direct a question at one of the players to see what they have to say.

If i can be bothered ill link some editions of the podcast i am thinking of later, so you can get a more specific idea of what i'm talking about
[Image: 716.png]

Hi.

This could also be turned into a video podcast, in a way that the one who moderates the show records a demo. The moderator uses the observer-camera on a Nexuiz server, and the other participants of course also join the server and show things they are talking about in-game.

great idea! conversations would be great over mumble. With one reporter and 3 other players. Or perhaps 1 on 1 interviews would be good with some players. I think audio podcasts are all that's needed, because they will be made quite alot faster then videos. Videos should be for tutorials on specifics. Much like Green' Marines excellent, nexuiz in depth. Smile

I would love to be involved in this.
I would be in a conversation about map layout types 'linear, S, and worm' shaped, how to make good maps knowing these classifications, and how control is achieved on these map types.
Also would like to be apart of many other conversations Smile
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

Good Idea, and with a reasonable amount of dedication we could probably get Aussie/Euro/NA people on at the same time to discuss ideas. Another thing that would probably prolong these conversations is the differences between communities and their playing styles. Would definitely need a strong voiced moderator for these conversations though, or things could get off track Tongue.
[Image: forum.png]

I do believe I have a strong voice, so I would put my hand up to be the interviewer/coordinator of open discussions. Happy to share out that roles with others also.
There's nothing better than getting off you butt and contributing to a community. There is no excuse when it comes to computers. Spend a little of you playing time, giving back Smile

I'm also happy to contribute to this, or to be a participant in one of the shows (if it goes ahead)
[Image: 716.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Community Design Workshop: singleplayer weapons tutorial s1lence 4 7,598 07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] TS3/Vent - Community VoiceCom Ilaith 16 14,653 07-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Getting Xonotic to work with the Steam Community overlay MC SE7EN 4 7,280 01-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Nesquick
  [SUGGESTION] Community organization SinSniper 16 18,561 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  [SUGGESTION] "Xonotic Community Server" ~ Nexuiz Cheshire Cat 8 10,451 04-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Last Post: kuniu the frogg