Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] "Xonotic Community Server" ~ Nexuiz

Just as a place where we can get together and chat as members of the community. I know a lot of people here are still playing Nexuiz, and it's kinda sad that we can't all play together.

I would suggest something along the lines of a "Xonotic Community Server" on Nexuiz temporarily until we can get a real working beta of our own.

Thoughts?

(04-24-2010, 09:24 AM)Cheshire Cat Wrote: Just as a place where we can get together and chat as members of the community. I know a lot of people here are still playing Nexuiz, and it's kinda sad that we can't all play together.

your ping is simply to high if you live in europe and play on a australian server.

(04-24-2010, 09:24 AM)Cheshire Cat Wrote: I would suggest something along the lines of a "Xonotic Community Server" on Nexuiz temporarily until we can get a real working beta of our own.

if you want channel where you can chat join xonotic on quakenet

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't Xonotic and Nexuiz both use DP7, and therefore should be compatible?
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

I don't see the problem with playing and chatting on Nexuiz servers. As far as I know, most if not all the popular public servers are run by people who are either closely involved in Xonotic development or have shown support of it.

Connecting to xonotic servers with nexuiz is, atm, impossible. I don't know about the reverse though.

Yeah, forget the whole idea.

All my favorite servers are actually going to jump to Xonotic anyhow, and most support Xonotic when people are playing.
[Image: xonoticbychatot.png]

I'am playing Nexuiz. Still waiting for Xonotic first release. Once it happens - I'am gonna switch Smile

Anyway - are there any development builds of Xonotic avaiable for download?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Xpm-race servers work with both nexuiz and xonotic for the moment. Which is great is you can strafe Big Grin

funny thing about this xonotic race server is, that in server browser it shows 9999 ping all the time Smile for some time I was thinking something is wrong with the server, that it`s broken, maybe there are some tests or sth, but then I connected to it and, surprise, everything works well. This server browser is a bloody liar Smile

back to topic (not to go offtopic too much lol...), one community server is not very good idea because of, mentioned some posts before, ping issue between continents.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Power-ups like in Quake/Nexuiz Classic DrAndi 2 2,661 02-06-2022, 01:35 AM
Last Post: z411
  [SUGGESTION] Bringing back a few assets from Nexuiz as well as digging through the maps section Lee_Stricklin 1 3,615 12-08-2014, 10:15 PM
Last Post: Mario
  [SUGGESTION] Community Design Workshop: singleplayer weapons tutorial s1lence 4 7,598 07-03-2013, 07:43 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Is there a way to configure Xonotic into the same entirety to that of Nexuiz? Smilecythe 29 27,280 11-23-2012, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] TS3/Vent - Community VoiceCom Ilaith 16 14,649 07-16-2012, 04:12 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] Getting Xonotic to work with the Steam Community overlay MC SE7EN 4 7,279 01-07-2011, 11:38 PM
Last Post: Nesquick
  [SUGGESTION] Community organization SinSniper 16 18,558 11-16-2010, 02:19 PM
Last Post: PGP_Qz
  [SUGGESTION] Nex gun recoil impact for high jumps like in Nexuiz xeros 3 5,368 10-16-2010, 09:35 AM
Last Post: xeros
  [SUGGESTION] Nexuiz forward compatibility nilyt 2 4,256 09-29-2010, 03:01 AM
Last Post: divVerent
  [SUGGESTION] Community Podcast Trev_Nacho 5 4,877 05-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Last Post: Trev_Nacho