Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh, yeah. Raise your hands up for your boy.

Hey, fellas.

I've always been quite the fan of fast-paced first-person-shooters that get straight to the point: the frag. I've always liked the deathmatch mode in games like Doom, Duke Nukem 3D, and Rise of the Triad (yeah, I'm stuck in the 90s); but, oddly enough, I never really got into Quake III, even though I first played it way back when it first came out in '99. For an FPS, it has too steep of a learning curve, and I never liked the movement much (the constant bunny-hopping and overly specific ways to gain speed have always irritated me. Plus, I never found the weapons that interesting. The weapons in Xonotic are pretty fuckin' dope).

So, I've been looking for a game that offers straightforward but fast movement that neither strives to be realistic nor demands pulling tricks out of your ass--and a cool arsenal to blow up your enemies with. I want a game that emphasizes the right way to use the fundamentals as opposed to wasting time on painstakingly mastering them just to even stand a damned chance; instead of having to learn how to pull off that ridiculous bullshit "circlejump" in Quake, here (as I hope) you just have to know to snatch all the items and whatnot and use the right weapons at the right time (with the right aim). That's what Doom deathmatch is pretty much like (a huge number of people have hit about the same skill level within a short amount of time, so the competition there is always rife. Yes, people still play a game that just hit the age of twenty).

I'm looking forward to some fun, competitive play, folks. Bring it on, baby! Woo!

Hello.

Nice introduction. Welcome to the forums.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Welcome! I hope you really enjoy xonotic, we could use some more players hehe Tongue

make sure you join in on the #xonotic.pickup channel allways some great games there Big Grin
[Image: 12766.png]
Sucks at weapons

Thanks, guys. So far, I'm enjoying it a lot. The first time I played its predecessor (Nexuiz, which I always pronounced as "Nex-wiz" like a dumbass) was about three years ago, but then I forgot about it. I didn't learn till yesterday about the whole Nexuiz-selling-out scandal, so I finally discovered the right place to be.

Only thing I'm not a fan of so far is that CTF mod where you only have the minsta, which just freezes the enemy and counts it as a frag (how lame is that?), but the grappling hook in it is cool as fuck.

I'm really big on duels and team game modes. Let's get it poppin'.

.. so welcome to forum and game - Heartburn Smile

Quote:I'm really big on duels and team game modes

So maybe we see on Prophets Server than ... Cool

GreetZ Su

(01-20-2013, 01:49 PM)Heartburn Wrote: I'm really big on duels and team game modes. Let's get it poppin'.

You wish. Shy

To be "big on" something means to dig it a lot, get hip to it