Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tremulous doing a kickstarter

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aaag...mulous-2-0

Only tried it once but I know there are some players or even devs around here somewhere. They need around 2000 backers, I wonder if they get them. The video is not very convincing. Other problem is that it seems too similar to Natural Selection.

Tremulous was supposedly past it's prime and sucked really bad when I first played it. It was also intended to be very similar to the Natural Selection mod for Half Life which recently got a kick-ass sequal put up on Steam with integrated mod support.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

A proprietary sequel to a FLOSS game and without even GNU/Linux support?! They're doing it wrong! They can suck it for all I care.
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

In-game money! Woo!

Haha, the studio's name is just hilarious.

EDIT:
Speculating a bit on original Termulous's forums and so it seems that one member of their community(http://tremulous.net/forum/index.php?topic=16949.0) founded this project. Also a fun note, it has a mode called Capella which seems to be like Xonotic's Bot Orchestra. Smile

EDIT2:
The Termulous developers seem to dislike this Illfonic-like name stealing.
Quote:11:55 < klrr> hi, just wondering, does'nt termulous 2's name violate any trademark law or anything?
12:20 <@Ingar> klrr: we don't rly like it, in any case

The funny thing is, we already have something similar (possibly even better) , Unvanquished

and it's FOSS.

This kickstater seems to be just a little pointless (in my eyes)
[Image: 2386.png] Professional noob...
of...
Paradox Space...

That game seems very good! Smile

Been playing Unvanquished on/off for a while now and the progress they've made is great.

Samual has some involvement with Unvanquished which is interesting.

(02-17-2013, 09:32 AM)Shadowman84 Wrote: The funny thing is, we already have something similar (possibly even better) , Unvanquished

and it's FOSS.

This kickstater seems to be just a little pointless (in my eyes)

That looks cool, although its taking forever to install/download.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

I always liked Trem, lets see what will come out of this.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Quote:The funny thing is, we already have something similar (possibly even better) , Unvanquished

Last time I checked U, only bots were playing that game. Just saying.

(02-18-2013, 10:44 AM)Majki Wrote:
Quote:The funny thing is, we already have something similar (possibly even better) , Unvanquished

Last time I checked U, only bots were playing that game. Just saying.

Tired it and it was not bad but the aliens were WAY to hard to control. One second you're walking on the ground next thing you know you are crawling on the ceiling and don't know wtf is going on. Alien controls need more polishing.

I played the marine and just go my ass kicked left and right by small aliens you can't see. Take a full clip to kill one and they can kill you with two bites.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The rather pointless, but seemingly popular "what are you doing" thread Ulrich 11 12,105 06-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: FruitieX