Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to include custom maps in Instant Action mode?

Hi all,

I have downloaded a couple of maps from here. I placed them in xonotic/data (I'm using Win 7). I can find them in the Multiplayer > Create panel, but I wonder if they will also be among the random maps in the Instant Action mode?

And if not, is it possible to include them in that mode?

Thank you.

From the sources, I would say it includes any map it can find that includes waypoints. Some custom maps don't have those, because some mappers don't care enough to make them.

Note also that 85% of the instant action selected map are DM, CTF and TDM type maps.

What are waypoints?

Waypoints are special points on the map, placed there by the mappers, which allow bots to navigate the map. They can be placed in-game using g_waypointeditor* comands. (not sue that the comand is correct, it could be somthing similar)
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Hmm .. that's why bots are very stupid in those custom maps. They stick to one place and do not move or just keep jumping on jumping pads.

Jumpads has got their own waypoints, which do not have to be added manually.
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

So anyone now how to get the bots moving about when playing a custom map in single player mode.?
Can you edit the waypoints or drop extra bots in that know they are in a capture the flag game and perform as so?
axe

you may find this useful:
http://www.nexuizninjaz.com/forum/Thread...still.html

it's from nexuiz, but works in xonotic too, at least it was working some time ago...
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Thanx will get to grips with it
axe

Good link thanx one more question tho will they capture the flag when using the code if I set both as a waypoint?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] How to add more players (bots) in single mode? fairking 2 2,642 09-19-2022, 09:05 AM
Last Post: fairking
  how do i add custom playermodels RuneGalin 1 4,206 05-10-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: -z-
  Alter sound settings per game mode W4RP1G 22 26,408 05-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  Custom 'player' sprites and 'weapons' Hypnotix-2000 35 29,631 04-15-2012, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo