Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
in/cm per 360?

~36cm/360 | 1150 DPI | Artisan Hayate SOFT L

(04-21-2014, 03:27 PM)fa1nt Wrote: resurrection:

~50cm/360, no mousepad - 800 DPI

i currently use some old razer starcraft mouse that was lent to me by a friend, until i buy a new one for myself, probably something from steelseries as their mice are light, simple, functional Big Grin 50cm might seem like a bit much but i move my arm a lot and since i dont use mousepad + my keyboard on lap, it's all good

I use a Zowie mouse and it's amazing! Even simpler and more functional than SteelSeries mice in my opinion Wink

(04-29-2014, 12:45 AM)kyseka Wrote: ~36cm/360 | 1150 DPI | Artisan Hayate SOFT L

I use a Zowie mouse and it's amazing! Even simpler and more functional than SteelSeries mice in my opinion Wink

A friend has one, I don't like the shape of their mouse for right hands, my palm is too big, and i position the mouse oddly, so i prefer ambidextrous; zowie mice already have the same/more buttons than a kana, and their specs/switches are pretty meh all around. steelseries have some issues, but it's better to try and find something that really clicks with you (no pun intended) then just something meh Tongue

(04-29-2014, 07:42 AM)fa1nt Wrote:
(04-29-2014, 12:45 AM)kyseka Wrote: ~36cm/360 | 1150 DPI | Artisan Hayate SOFT L

A friend has one, I don't like the shape of their mouse for right hands, my palm is too big, and i position the mouse oddly, so i prefer ambidextrous; zowie mice already have the same/more buttons than a kana, and their specs/switches are pretty meh all around. steelseries have some issues, but it's better to try and find something that really clicks with you (no pun intended) then just something meh Tongue

Which model does your friend have? They have two ambidextrous mice, the Fk, and the Am, both with different shapes for different grips. I have the Ec1 CL and it's pretty large so it fits well.

But the main reason I use them over steelseries mice is because they don't have any drivers. just plug in and play. It's hard to find a mouse driver for linux.

Also, Personally I have trouble playing with the braided cables on steelseries mice. The sensor is also pretty near perfect on zowie mice, absolutely no prediction / accel (I heard some steelseries mice have this? maybe not, not sure exactly), and there aren't any LEDs.

But in the end, the grip is a very important part of what mouse you're going to be using every day. And it is to user preference in that part.

(04-29-2014, 05:02 PM)kyseka Wrote: Which model does your friend have? They have two ambidextrous mice, the Fk, and the Am, both with different shapes for different grips. I have the Ec1 CL and it's pretty large so it fits well in my large hands Tongue

But the main reason I use them over steelseries mice is because they don't have any drivers, just plug in and play! It's hard to find a mouse driver for linux xD

Also, Personally I have trouble playing with the braided cables on steelseries mice. The sensor is also pretty near perfect on zowie mice, absolutely no prediction / accel (I heard some steelseries mice have this? maybe not, not sure exactly), and there aren't any ricey LEDs.

But in the end, the grip is a very important part of what mouse you're going to be using every day Wink And it really is down to user preference in that part.

I have medium-large hands and i'm not even done growing, so i will have big hands by the end Tongue i'm not sure what model it was, i will ask him when i see him next. braided cables arent so much a problem for me, i think, never had any problem with it.

Steelseries mice have had various problems with their sensors of older models, but steelseries shells are very easy to swap sensors in/out of if you want to keep the shape, and most mice that had problems have had v2's released with updated things.

Yeah, i have always used glossy/kind of shiny surfaces, so i would love a glossy mouse, rubber makes my hand sweat more - unfortunately there is less and less mice without silly rubberized coatings.

upd8 back up to 22cm/360 @ 800 dpi, ingame sens 2.25

Why you use such low DPI? Inaccurate sensors? I would myself buy a mouse with known good sensor around 1600 DPI and set sensitivity to around 1/4 what you set for your 400 DPI. That would give you much smoother movement and accuracy. Good 1600 DPI means smaller errors on the same length than 400 DPI so they would practically disappear when downscaled by the factor of 0,5. But ofcourse you have to own a mouse (or trackball) with a proper sensor that measures distance accurate when set to big DPI. That may be problematic of course if you are on the budget. Otherwise playing with such low DPI as 400 is pointless, unless you want to have less precision.

@TrackBallUser - consider the age of the post you are replying to.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Well, since it got resurrected..

2,7in or 7cm/360 - 850 dpi - Razer Deathfapper

Interesting to see high sens being normal here, at least 4 years ago.

you guys should watch chuggs guide to good aim it is really good
i personally have a 22.5cm 360
this is half width of my mouse pad.
i didn't actually measure is i just new i could do 360s on my mouse pad.

I got ~10cm/360° using 3200dpi at 1.4 mouse sensitivity. Windows own and ingame mouse acceleration is off. Windows mouse speed is in the middle of this useless slider.

I'd suggest using high dpi and a lower sensitivity multiplier. Because the mouse itself in-/decrements the mouse position always by 1 if you move the mouse far enough depenfing on the dpi (no floating point digits!) So if you take high dpi and low sensitivity your mouse could feel a little smoother.
3200 dpi mean 1 point every 0.00079375 cm.
In case anyone wonders how this works.

I'd also suggest you go with whats comfortable for you. Before I was using my whole arm to aim which was comparingly slow. Now I can flick with my hand and fine-adjust with my fingers having high precision really fast. It's like drawing on paper to aim for me now.

I discovered that I can play all senses in range of 15-30 cm with roughly same results. Slower means more consistent aim, which serves well in tense moments when hands shaking like crazy. Faster means ability to play faster overall, easier to look around, easier ramp-jumps and easier rocket curving. And I can't really pick my fav sens form that range! Switching it few times per week and never liking. Quite annoying tbh...

(03-13-2019, 05:55 PM)Lyberta Wrote: Btw what do you use to change mouse sensitivity on Linux?

In-game sensitivity slider (or the corresponding console command if you need more precision or values beyond the slider limit)

(10-08-2019, 09:01 AM)morosophos Wrote: I discovered that I can play all senses in range of 15-30 cm with roughly same results. Slower means more consistent aim, which serves well in tense moments when hands shaking like crazy. Faster means ability to play faster overall, easier to look around, easier ramp-jumps and easier rocket curving. And I can't really pick my fav sens form that range! Switching it few times per week and never liking. Quite annoying tbh...

I solved this problem for me by controlling the mouse in 2 ways. I usually play with claw grip so for fast movement i turn my wrist and for fine aiming i use my fingers. I guess it could also work with arm/wrist for low sensi but claw is a bit faster overall. The rest is done by bringing my player into position.

EDIT: I noticed that I play a mix of wrist/finger depending on the situation rather than switching.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Frames/Per/Second Linux 2022 Joff 3 1,387 01-16-2024, 02:34 AM
Last Post: Annata23
  Alter sound settings per game mode W4RP1G 22 26,417 05-12-2012, 06:28 AM
Last Post: rocknroll237