Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding in map screen shots

I have a few maps that don't have screenshot thumbnails in the pk3 file is there a way to add the screenshot images with out having to add it to the pk3 file?
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

What is the problem with adding them to the pk3? The way i do it, is via Midnight Commander, it allows accessing and editing archives (zip and other) like directories.

I think you can put the screenshots into the data dirrectory at data/maps/*mapname*.jpg
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Can you explain the reason for this question? I could give you answers but I can't know which one to pick, so I'll wait for you to explain why you're asking this.

I'm running some Q3 maps that are missing the thumbnail files in the maps folder, they are in the levelshots folder. I guess I could just add them into the pk3 file but was wondering if there was another way.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

You have to serve them to the clients in a pk3. It doesn't have to be the map's pk3 itself.

What you can do is create a zzz_freezemofo_mapshots001.pk3 where you put all the mapshots you want (in the right place of course), as well as a non-empty serverpackage file (freezemofo_mapshots001.serverpackage for example). This will make clients download the pk3. You then need to serve it just like other pk3s are served.

(Note, you are supposed to use freezemofo_mapshots001-serverpackage.txt instead as a file name, but this is currently bugged. It should be fixed in git soon.)

You can incrementally update the mapshots pk3 (put new mapshots in mapshots002 for example). You can also put all the mapshots in a single pk3 instead, but make sure to increment the number as well so that clients know that it's a new revision of the mapshots pk3, instead of thinking they already have it.

(08-04-2013, 03:10 PM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: You have to serve them to the clients in a pk3. It doesn't have to be the map's pk3 itself.

What you can do is create a zzz_freezemofo_mapshots001.pk3 where you put all the mapshots you want (in the right place of course), as well as a non-empty serverpackage file (freezemofo_mapshots001.serverpackage for example). This will make clients download the pk3. You then need to serve it just like other pk3s are served.

(Note, you are supposed to use freezemofo_mapshots001-serverpackage.txt instead as a file name, but this is currently bugged. It should be fixed in git soon.)

You can incrementally update the mapshots pk3 (put new mapshots in mapshots002 for example). You can also put all the mapshots in a single pk3 instead, but make sure to increment the number as well so that clients know that it's a new revision of the mapshots pk3, instead of thinking they already have it.

Thanks redid the server package and this time it worked. Not sure what I missed the first time. I noticed ESK had the mapshots packages so copied theirs first but didnt work. Created a new one and it did.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Help Adding Custom Gametypes CarbonGhost 3 980 01-24-2023, 09:09 PM
Last Post: ballerburg9005
  Adding maps to server BuddyFriendGuy 3 4,189 10-20-2015, 01:21 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  Adding or replacing in game music? end user 5 5,565 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
Brick Disable Map Preview Map On Votescreen -maniac|Su- 1 2,545 12-17-2012, 08:10 AM
Last Post: PinkRobot
  adding custom maps acidbuddha 6 8,335 09-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo