Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tesseract Initial Release (Sauerbraten-Fork)

Pretty impressive, i don't know about its playability but its mapping capabilities are great.
[Image: 9074.png]

The overall style looks really nice, reminds me of mirror´s edge. Can't say I particurly like Suerbraten though! Tongue

Inb4 someone suggest we port Xonotic to that engine.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(05-13-2014, 04:39 AM)Halogene Wrote: Inb4 someone suggest we port Xonotic to that engine.

Let's port xonotic to that engine Smile
[Image: 9074.png]

It looks more advanced than Red Eclipse. I never liked lighting in RE which is kinda bland and doesn't feel right, this looks like an improvement but its still visible. Maybe its just their maps. The technological difference between this and darkplaces is enormous. It does everything in real-time.
Shame that it will be pure instagib. But the technology is probably best in open source.

Xonotic will never be ported to anything.

(05-13-2014, 06:53 AM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: It looks more advanced than Red Eclipse. I never liked lighting in RE which is kinda bland and doesn't feel right, this looks like an improvement but its still visible. Maybe its just their maps. The technological difference between this and darkplaces is enormous. It does everything in real-time.
Shame that it will be pure instagib. But the technology is probably best in open source.

Xonotic will never be ported to anything.

WAT.

Darkplaces looks way nicer than those, in fact Xonotic looks more "alive" than most arena shooters. Just go check a warsow video or quake and then check Xonotic and you will appreciate its graphics way more. Tongue

(05-13-2014, 06:53 AM)frostwyrm333 Wrote: Xonotic will never be ported to anything.

hahaha

Well, as a game, Tesseract is terrible, and serves as a sort of half-tech-demo half-demonstration-of-how-little-the-devs-knew-about-gameplay-design thing. As an engine, it shows much, much more promise.

@machine! I said that lighting is weird, but their engine is way better.
@fa1nt it will never be ported to any other engine because its written in a language that is basically only used in quake 1 derivatives

I checked it out, its still WIP but one level looks pretty awesome. Though, I don't know why would anyone bother playing it for longer than an hour.

Okey, well their engine might be technically better but I find Xonotic to have the most appealing graphics in the arena shooter scene (with exception of q4 and ut3 ofc).

This looks really cool. I saw an announcement in the sauerbraten forum last year, but never thought you would get it that far. Just downloading...

I'm a big fan of "populist gameplay" as you call it. Good decision Smile
[Image: 2405.png]

(05-13-2014, 09:05 AM)fa1nt Wrote: Well, as a game, Tesseract is terrible, and serves as a sort of half-tech-demo half-demonstration-of-how-little-the-devs-knew-about-gameplay-design thing. As an engine, it shows much, much more promise.

Is it just me, or are you ridiculously negative about any other game development?

Interesting anyway that they are developing it purely instagib, also it supports CTF. This could well work in it's favour and make it popular.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Damn. The game always crashes and says "failed to allocate HDR buffer". Windows version. Any ideas?

(05-13-2014, 01:59 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Is it just me, or are you ridiculously negative about any other game development?

Interesting anyway that they are developing it purely instagib, also it supports CTF. This could well work in it's favour and make it popular.

it's just you.

(05-13-2014, 01:59 PM)kojn^ Wrote:
(05-13-2014, 09:05 AM)fa1nt Wrote: Well, as a game, Tesseract is terrible, and serves as a sort of half-tech-demo half-demonstration-of-how-little-the-devs-knew-about-gameplay-design thing. As an engine, it shows much, much more promise.

Is it just me, or are you ridiculously negative about any other game development?

Not just you.
c:

(05-13-2014, 03:05 PM)Matuka Wrote:
(05-13-2014, 01:59 PM)kojn^ Wrote:

Not just you.
c:

if you misunderstand the validity of my judgement, PM me.

it's too early to tell whether insta only will help it in the long run, but in general, more is more. you can't attract players with the promise of a one-hit-kill mode w/weapon jumping; the draw is in the quality of the new engine and the possibilities of itself - which the devs have left untapped with this kind of gameplay and limited maps.

Eh dl links don't work.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Needs more warpzones.

so uh my friend made this

Does your friend play dota 2 by any chance lol?

Haha, nice. Smile

epic video, just a bit short. +1 for sharing Big Grin
LoverTaleb

Haha, fa1nt, that's awesome Big Grin

(05-14-2014, 04:30 PM)fa1nt Wrote: so uh my friend made this

Your friend is apparently an asshole.

Tesseract is a hell of a nice engine, and the little instagib game is pretty slick and a nice demo/example piece, which is all it's really for, to showcase things. It's obviously in it's very early stages, but still the instagib game has very nice gfx, the map is cool, and the weapon feedback/look is nice.

I don't get the hate on Warsow I am seeing here either. That game is arguably the best, and most polished of the free FPS games.

It would be nice if people show some respect towards other projects, instead of comparing your e-penis.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music My new music release unfa 6 7,715 11-26-2012, 09:35 AM
Last Post: unfa
  Vengeance – (DISREGARD, NO NEW FORK) PCLizard 28 23,214 10-24-2011, 08:59 AM
Last Post: nowego4
  A new "strange fork" project from Nexuiz BARTUC 11 15,273 11-29-2010, 08:19 AM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste
  [Game Release] Welcome to Offendix! offendix 25 29,377 04-06-2010, 01:26 AM
Last Post: divVerent