Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero-K

I have recently tried to install the above... thing and ended up with no results whats how ether. Did anybody ever succeed with running it on linux natively, without wine?
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Did you install that mono based lobby? I tried it a while ago if I remember correctly, and without that it wasn't possible to start a meaningful game.

aa, I'm been playing this game but a year ago.
It run natively in spring engine on Linux.

The engine however ha some problems after upgrading, so it had to be downraded to run the game.
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

I remember installing it long ago. It ran well on the lobby even if I had hard time understanding that spring and Zero-K are installed individually (as if we needed to install Darkplaces before Xonotic…). It required the mono library.

Does anyone have found how to set up a server? I may have not understood how to start local sessions and it ran me away from the game.

Yes, can someone explain two things two me:1why developers are so uninterested in make game playable for people, and second of all, why can't other games can't make universal binaries like Xonotics? I have heard some crap about all systems being different, but we and the commercial games manage to overcome that somehow!

Looks like they are working on a much easier version for their Steam release (they got greenlit recently).

On linux the mono client is not working at all, and the old spring client is horrible too. I now gave up getting it running again after each update... Which is sad since spring/zero-k is a nice game...

But I can advise you to try out warzone2100. That works nicely under linux too. But it is a bit more slower-paced.

Regards,
Ablu

Yea, i know WZ2100. Works well.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Zero-K[elvin]: a GPL RTS that is really, really cool. unfa 5 6,406 07-16-2012, 03:06 AM
Last Post: Loafers