Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How much more to Skrillex's level?

I'm pushing my synthesis and mixing skills forward, this is not related to Xonotic, but I just wanted to say "voilà!".

What do you think?

Will UKF music play my stuff? Should I send this to some labels? No? Stop freaking out? Yes? Huh?

Big Grin
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

Ok,i actually hate Doppstab but his is ok for doppstab.
[Image: 22172.png]

Not bad, but I like your album tracks much more!

Thanks Smile
Yeah, this is less melodic and complicated compared to the album "Static" - rather straightforward and more depending on complexity of the tones, than the complexity of melodies. However I like the drumline, it has some tasty licks in it.

Wonder if I can mix this drumsteppy style with the awesome polyphony of baroque?
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

For a lack of a better word, but it needs to be more "dirty", e.g. it has too many "clean" midi like sounds in it that remind my of electronic music from the 1990ties.

Overall not bad though.

Thanks, poVoq.

How about this one?

Is it dirty enough? That was on of my goals. How does this sound?

Sounds good but needs more bass! Big Grin

EDIT: Also I think it could be slightly slower and louder kick and snare (and a constant loud open high hat in background) would make it sound more heavy

That actually doesn't sound generic at all, I'm no fan of dubstep but I like the sound of that track.

@machine!:

Yeah, that pretty fast for dubstep but I found the good ol' 140 BPM to feel very slow to me Big Grin It's more drumstep tempo I guess.

@Smilecythe:

I'm pleased to hear this Smile

"How much more to Skrillex's level?" - Why lower your level? Wink
4m038105 - Be the change.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Rainbow [How To] Make this game more popular. _para 17 13,598 04-10-2018, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Kim Jong-Ben
  We can pretty much declare Quake Live dead Lee_Stricklin 21 24,721 05-31-2016, 03:36 AM
Last Post: Smilecythe
  You know you've played too much Xonotic when... [AP]Sniperz 45 42,339 10-14-2014, 05:47 PM
Last Post: asyyy
  Stumbled upon a cool search engine that I like more than Google Lee_Stricklin 6 10,101 03-26-2011, 06:28 PM
Last Post: mood
  Non-Euclidean Level Design Nesquick 15 19,563 03-02-2011, 02:29 PM
Last Post: nowego4