Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
play for fun

Hi, I'm TrackPt. Mainly I join normal servers (SMB Kansas Public), although I do join overkill/minsta sometimes when no normal servers are available. I play on a wifi connection, inside a virtual machine, with 30FPS and no mouse. But I play to learn and analyze and think, not to get better at playing, so I am ok with all of this.

Also, my ping in single player mode is 50 ms. Sometimes I get better ping than this to other servers!

Welcome!

(02-11-2015, 07:47 PM)TrackPt Wrote: I play on a wifi connection,
Why

(02-11-2015, 07:47 PM)TrackPt Wrote: inside a virtual machine,
Why

(02-11-2015, 07:47 PM)TrackPt Wrote: with 30FPS
Understandable

(02-11-2015, 07:47 PM)TrackPt Wrote: and no mouse.
Why

Hi and welcome! I'd say this is an interesting approach to get in touch with the community - posting an introduction post that raises so many questions in just a couple of sentences. I got another one:

Why do you have ping in single player mode?
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Hello.

Wifi connection -> university wifi, I'm using a laptop
Virtual machine -> security, sandboxing, easy cleanup.
30 FPS -> integrated graphics
No mouse -> on a laptop. I'm using a trackpoint, which is similar to a controller analog stick, but a bit less precise. To compensate, I avoid using the ARC/MG and rely on timing to shoot the nex.
I also use third person view, because it helps me get an idea of where I'm jumping. So my aim isn't going to be amazing anyway.

I'm not sure why I have so much ping in single player mode. It varies even in a single match. Sometimes I get 7 ping which is much better, but it doesn't last. 33 seems about average; 50 is higher, occasionally it spikes up to 70. I speculate that it's related to the way my VM gets CPU time, but I don't actually know.

[Image: SFycSed.png]
I don't even win this match against bots with any consistency

[Image: interesting-cats-4.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New to this game, looking for servers to play on and people to play with King_Dong 4 3,520 12-15-2015, 05:48 AM
Last Post: Halogene
  hi / good luck and have fun! Akari 2 4,005 09-11-2010, 10:32 AM
Last Post: rainerzufalldererste