Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Xonotic Pickup Era!

Hi! Big Grin

as Xonotic 0.8.2 is close to be released, I'd like to make Xonotic pickups (TDM, CTF, CA) much more popular than it is now.
I know there's already "fairly" nice pickup scene on IRC but we should spread the game more.

How to do it?
I decided to stream Xonotic pickups... we know it's a lot of fun and games like that are very popular - Overwatch, MOBA's.., but problem is that not many people know about Xonotic...
So my perspective is to become a good marketing member of this game Big Grin
I created recently also a website - ch4mp.com which will be used as a good advertisement and source for new players. 
I've already brought many new players when I streamed duels and will bring much more to this fun!

Where and How to Play?
Hub servers are becoming very stable.. I've heard from Mario Smile or I can create another server for pickups only. 

Join Discord - discord.ch4mp.com - there are like 20 people, so join and we'll see how fast it goes...
I have also to install a bot for pickups.

A little help
If there's a graphics designer who could create a nice banner for Xonotic Pickups on my website ch4mp.com, instead of the KILLUMINATI clan Smile that would be very helpful!

Too many referal links...
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

More marketing is a good thing! I'd say go for it full speed ahead. Get the word out! If you have a long-form thing you'd like to share, please talk with me and I can have it published on the blog, mentioned on Twitter, or favorite-ed on our official YT channel.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(03-07-2017, 09:12 AM)Ch4mp Wrote: but problem is that not many people know about Xonotic...

You should know Xonotic is/was popular just people moved on, ESK and for a while SMB were getting 15-30+ players on all the time when Rumraisin was on.  My servers were getting up to 20+ on them. Hell both vehicle server Mon and Mine were having 10+ players on each one at times. EAC were really popular for a while but people move on.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

We'll see.. I tried to promote in FPS Arena on Discord, but not many people are interested when they saw the gameplay....

one friend I showed this game to said: oh, I know this game, it's that bad version of Quake... heh.

I will continue with my plan and sooner or later I'll make Xonotic great again Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Pickup IRC Channel nifrek 48 77,905 05-23-2016, 03:06 PM
Last Post: Beagle
Exclamation Requesting unban for Diomedes at #xonotic.pickup IRC channel Archer 5 7,168 07-16-2014, 02:32 PM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  CTF Pickup Map Stats Mirio 7 8,147 11-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Last Post: tZork
  The CTF Pickup Demo Thread kojn^ 20 24,531 02-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  The Duel Pickup Demo Thread tZork 1 4,601 02-06-2011, 01:38 PM
Last Post: kojn^