Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dabu welcomes you

Hello,

I'm playing since last week, learned about the forum today. I'm not sure if I have anything to contribute but just wanted to say hello and appreciate the work of devs if there are any here. You can also find me on IRC on the same nickname.

About gamemodes, I prefer anything that enables grapple, so most of the time I play on clan exe Instagib servers. Still haven't learned how to use all weapons

Cheers!

Hi and welcome to the forums! For learning how to deal with the weapons, you might want to have a look at the Newbie Corner :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Welcome! Yes, the developers are here Smile
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Welcome Wink

Thanks for a warm welcome everybody. Smile

Quote:Hi and welcome to the forums! For learning how to deal with the weapons, you might want to have a look at the Newbie Corner :o)
Hey, thanks for the link. I actually read it before. While I understand how all the weapons work, I still struggle utilizing them to full potential. I have a problem mainly with Electro and the machine granade launcher (H-something). Maybe it will come with time.

I do get bunny hopping and it's super fun, however I'm still not sure how should I strafe around and if I do it correctly. It's probably because of language barrier that I still can't get the full grasp of your guide.

Quote:Welcome! Yes, the developers are here
That's great! Thanks for creating this wonderful game. Maybe it doesn't mean match but you have all my respect for making not only a great Arena Shooter, but also because it's open source. There just isn't enough appreciation for such move.

Speaking of which, how big is the development team? Are you in the need of new coding hands? I'm not really familiar with game development, but I work professionally as a software dev, so maybe I could help you in any way. Probably not much at first, but with time...

(04-03-2017, 10:41 AM)Dabu Wrote: Speaking of which, how big is the development team? Are you in the need of new coding hands? I'm not really familiar with game development, but I work professionally as a software dev, so maybe I could help you in any way. Probably not much at first, but with time...

We're always looking for contributors, big or small, even a correction in documentation helps the next person.  If you're familiar with IRC, #xonotic on irc.freenode.net is a great place to get started. Webchat is available here as well: http://xonotic.org/chat/

The wiki is available here: https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic/wikis

The tracker is on https://gitlab.com/xonotic/xonotic-data.pk3dir/issues

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  You might know me, and I might know you Meteors 3 2,860 12-15-2015, 05:51 AM
Last Post: Halogene