Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[DM]encore-b1

UPDATE:
[Image: tyaz501ad7w3g0qw1o06_thumb.jpg]
The layout should be in a good state now and some more stuff is textured.
Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/bvoh3spt0qy3t6...1.pk3?dl=0

Play it!!!

Here is my latest try on making a map. The map doesnt have a name.

The only textured part. 
[Image: ck915ygzho038axnn43d_thumb.jpg]

Any suggestions/ Feedback?

DL-Link:
-

(i dont think its in a state to put it on public server)
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

I like the concept so far, just  make it easier to navigate from the bottom to the top (without the need of laserjumping).  :)

I have not tried this map with bots or real players, so I can't say too much about how the layout is in actual matches, but I think it could play nicely.

There are a few little things I dislike:
  1. If you laserjump on the upper level, you can easily hit your head on the skybox
  2. The walkway near the teleporter looks weird without any kind of support
  3. There is only one way to the upper level without lasterjumping
  4. A wall near the vortex has some caulked faces
  5. Vortex, crylink and ammo are all in one room that also has health and armor, the upper level of this room might be a good place for camping
I think this might become a popular map

Friendly reminder that the blaster is in fact a starting weapon in xonotic and you don't need to pickup a rocket launcher to perform weapon assisted movement =)

I already told you some stuff a while ago on IRC, but I'll take another look at it tonight.

EDIT: After having another look at it, most of the stuff I said about the previous version still applies.
  • I wish there would be a way to trickjump from mortar to MH (you said there will be one but I'm still bringing it up because reasons :] )
  • To please all those people who don't want to press "slot1" and then "+attack1" maybe make the cj from Deva onto that little ledge easier (it's possible right now but kinda hard)
  • I like this new MH design
  • I still wish there would there would be some ammo shards in the tunnel from MH to MA
  • I still wish there would be a quad in the middle of the already textured area
  • Speaking of that tunnel, there is some sort of ledge there that's kinda annoying when trying to jump up
  • The mortar room feels a bit disconnected from the map, you don't really need to go through there to get to MA/MH/Vortex/Devastator
That's all I could think of for now. I would love to playtest it in ffa (and maybe even duel) to see how it actually plays.

Oh boy, Ronan ist still alive.
Link in the first post is updated.
(06-02-2018, 01:22 PM)Ronan Wrote: I like the concept so far, just  make it easier to navigate from the bottom to the top (without the need of laserjumping).  Smile
Done.
(06-03-2018, 02:54 PM)Freddy Wrote:
  1. If you laserjump on the upper level, you can easily hit your head on the skybox
  2. The walkway near the teleporter looks weird without any kind of support
  3. There is only one way to the upper level without lasterjumping
  4. A wall near the vortex has some caulked faces
  5. Vortex, crylink and ammo are all in one room that also has health and armor, the upper level of this room might be a good place for camping

walkway near the teleporter will look different in the final version. The rest should be solved in the new version.

(06-04-2018, 04:01 AM)Solid Wrote: EDIT: After having another look at it, most of the stuff I said about the previous version still applies. 
I wish there would be a way to trickjump from mortar to MH (you said there will be one but I'm still bringing it up because reasons :] )
  • I still wish there would there would be some ammo shards in the tunnel from MH to MA
  • I still wish there would be a quad in the middle of the already textured area
  • Speaking of that tunnel, there is some sort of ledge there that's kinda annoying when trying to jump up
  • The mortar room feels a bit disconnected from the map, you don't really need to go through there to get to MA/MH/Vortex/Devastator
That's all I could think of for now. I would love to playtest it in ffa (and maybe even duel) to see how it actually plays.

Take a look at the updated version.

(06-04-2018, 04:01 AM)Solid Wrote: [*]To please all those people who don't want to press "slot1" and then "+attack1" maybe make the cj from Deva onto that little ledge easier (it's possible right now but kinda hard)
[*]

still need to work on that
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

BUMP!

First Post updated