Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[NEEDS INFO] Linux install

Being new to This game
 Trying to launch after downloading to Deb Linux Nothing happens.
Checked the FAQs... What am I missing?
Dad,

Hi! I was having trouble too, but managed to figured it out. What file are you executing? At first double-clicking the xonotic-linux64-sdl file did nothing for me, but I checked my running processes and it was running in the background but not doing anything. I killed the process, then tried again. This time it gave me another error, something about a sessionid, but all that required was deleting the lock file in ~/.xonotic/ After that I was able to run the game no problem! Hope that helps.

Thanks...
Killing the process did the trick after re downloading the game found additional files were extracted.
see you in Multi player action

(01-15-2019, 11:30 AM)Old_Geekdad Wrote: Thanks...
Killing the process did the trick after re downloading the game found additional files were extracted.
see you in Multi player action

Glad you got it working, and really awesome to have played with you today! Keep jumping, makes you harder to hit, and never stand in one place for more than a split second. If you aren't pressing W, A, S, or D at any given moment, you're dead.  Big Grin Hope to play again soon!

(01-15-2019, 05:20 AM)Zoommair Wrote: Hi! I was having trouble too, but managed to figured it out. What file are you executing? At first double-clicking the xonotic-linux64-sdl file did nothing for me, but I checked my running processes and it was running in the background but not doing anything. I killed the process, then tried again. This time it gave me another error, something about a sessionid, but all that required was deleting the lock file in ~/.xonotic/ After that I was able to run the game no problem! Hope that helps.

Hello!
Thank you for your suggestion, but where do I find the lock file to delete? What is the lock file? I would appreciate if you could spell it out. Pardon my naivety.

You're all on linux, right? It's possible you've accidentally launched the dedicated server (e.g. `xonotic-linux64-dedicated`) which runs silently in the background. It shares a lockfile (`~/.xonotic/lock`) with the normal executable and prevents it from launching. Kill any processes which have xonotic in the name (you might also need to remove the lockfile manually) and try again.

Use the executables with sdl or xgl in their name to launch Xonotic.
[Image: 30381.jpg]

<packer> when i see martin-t's name my blood pressure increases

<[BOT]Hоtdоg> anyone here lives near martin?
<[BOT]Hоtdоg> will pay monies for shooting him

(01-16-2019, 10:45 AM)orkeven Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 05:20 AM)Zoommair Wrote: Hi! I was having trouble too, but managed to figured it out. What file are you executing? At first double-clicking the xonotic-linux64-sdl file did nothing for me, but I checked my running processes and it was running in the background but not doing anything. I killed the process, then tried again. This time it gave me another error, something about a sessionid, but all that required was deleting the lock file in ~/.xonotic/ After that I was able to run the game no problem! Hope that helps.

Hello!
Thank you for your suggestion, but where do I find the lock file to delete? What is the lock file? I would appreciate if you could spell it out. Pardon my naivety.

The lock file is only necessary to delete if you have a sessionid warning, but you can find it in the directory: ~/.xonotic/

It's a hidden folder, so in your Home folder, press CTRL + H to view hidden files, and it'll show there.

(01-16-2019, 05:51 PM)martin-t Wrote: You're all on linux, right? It's possible you've accidentally launched the dedicated server (e.g. `xonotic-linux64-dedicated`) which runs silently in the background. It shares a lockfile (`~/.xonotic/lock`) with the normal executable and prevents it from launching. Kill any processes which have xonotic in the name (you might also need to remove the lockfile manually) and try again.

Use the executables with sdl or xgl in their name to launch Xonotic.

That's exactly what happened! I initially double-clicked dedicated and nothing happened, so I killed all processes related, but it kept giving me sessionid warnings. That's when I searched and found the issue surrounding the lock file.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEEDS INFO] Xonotic settings file on linux ArchBerrie 2 4,988 07-15-2021, 03:18 AM
Last Post: ArchBerrie
  USB Mouse input on Linux dagelf 1 2,269 10-07-2020, 06:14 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [NEEDS INFO] Corsair Strafe input lag in Linux Mint? FAF 1 1,621 08-18-2019, 03:14 AM
Last Post: FAF
  [NEED HELP] Missclick on Linux Mint Mate 19 RanDoom 4 3,045 04-23-2019, 01:41 PM
Last Post: RanDoom
Exclamation [SOLVED] Graphics issues on Intel Kaby Lake (HD630) hardware on Linux cefiar 9 9,474 04-19-2018, 02:42 AM
Last Post: cefiar
  [SOLVED] linux compile/link error BuddyFriendGuy 2 3,500 11-27-2017, 05:18 PM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
Bug [SOLVED] troubleshooting how to install maps Eonman 2 4,550 03-06-2017, 10:14 PM
Last Post: -z-
  [NEEDS INFO] W key are not working in fedora24 linux akillah 2 3,329 03-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Last Post: -z-
  [SOLVED] How do you open dat files on linux? Beagle 10 7,871 04-21-2016, 11:54 PM
Last Post: Beagle
  [NEEDS INFO] How to ubuntu xonotic server install? Turan 4 5,389 03-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Last Post: Turan