Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

[Image: a2oqygf080r4er8kdnkw_thumb.jpg]
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Oooooohhhh...
EPIC!
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Bleach in exomorphx! Cool!

(11-17-2011, 05:38 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: [Image: a2oqygf080r4er8kdnkw_thumb.jpg]

Although it's been over an year since I played the map, I recognized that hallway immediately. Can't wait to see the Xonotic version of Bleach Big Grin Congrats on the great work so far.

On a separate note, I made some major changes to my game Vore Tournament today. I thought one thing might be of interest here... that being the weapon display, showing both reload state and ammo count. I managed to get it working properly today, indicating ammo level without any problem. Would be neat if this could happen in Xonotic too Smile

How it's done: Each digit is a separate entity attached to the same origin as the gun, containing 10 skin files with each number. From there on, I simply made each digit read the proper number of the value it's indicating, and set that as the skin. Ammo is shown properly on both the view model and the exterior weapon model. So if someone is sly enough, they can spy on their enemy's ammo level by seeing their weapon from behind Big Grin

The screenshots below show how the ammo displayed on the gun model matches the one shown on the HUD.

[Image: atwl8wi7wpu4ou9ssecj_thumb.jpg] [Image: fxdovwrrisrdn6wnwl9_thumb.jpg] [Image: k06u38t6vtgvqhglio9n_thumb.jpg] [Image: 8w5mu5flmop6on3u57v5_thumb.jpg]

That looks very familiar... That shot wouldn't happen to be Bleach now would it?
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Quote:So if someone is sly enough, they can spy on their enemy's ammo level by seeing their weapon from behind Big Grin

I realy laughed up there Big Grin
On a serious tone, this is pretty neat. But doesn't this mean that the server has to network the status of these entities per player all the time, generating insane traffic?
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Server should never network that directly, actually... it should be done totally on the client, and it already has the proper ammo information simply from the stats (e.g. see how it gets the information for the hud ammo panel) - That also means you should never know the ammo of your enemy ^_^ I think in that case we can just safely NOT show the attachments for weapons your enemy is holding/weapons on the ground.

Also: Awesome, i'd love to see a new Bleach.

YEAH YEAH YEAH I'LL GO BACK INTO MY HOLE WHERE I'M SUPPOSED TO BE RESTING NOW. *mumbles*

(11-18-2011, 01:35 AM)C.Brutail Wrote: I realy laughed up there Big Grin
On a serious tone, this is pretty neat. But doesn't this mean that the server has to network the status of these entities per player all the time, generating insane traffic?

Actually, that wasn't entirely a joke. If for one second an enemy is standing in place, you are somewhere behind them (eg: on a platform where they didn't see you) and you zoom toward them, you just might be lucky enough to catch their ammo level. But it would indeed be so difficult that it wouldn't be worth bothering Tongue Still, it's fun.

(11-18-2011, 02:13 AM)Samual Wrote: Server should never network that directly, actually... it should be done totally on the client, and it already has the proper ammo information simply from the stats (e.g. see how it gets the information for the hud ammo panel) - That also means you should never know the ammo of your enemy ^_^ I think in that case we can just safely NOT show the attachments for weapons your enemy is holding/weapons on the ground.

My method doesn't do any extra networking, unless changing skins qualifies as that. The weapon model is a server entity so the digits must be that too, although divVerent's new csqc_models might change that. But my code works by simply changing skins, so networking should be minimal.

As for showing the ammo of enemies, that's actually intended in my game. If Xonotic did this, I would support doing it there too. Especially since reading the text on an in-hand weapon would be so hard, that someone experienced enough to do it would deserve the small reward Smile

[EDIT] Here's also a video of the screen in action:

sweet, cortez.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

probably a few of the weapons would require a slight redesign (in order to make a place on the model where ammo can be displayed) but that would be a pretty cool feature to have.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

[Image: ez1797j36ec6gob7vsxr_thumb.jpg]
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(11-18-2011, 05:26 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: [Image: ez1797j36ec6gob7vsxr_thumb.jpg]

Looking good Smile

Bleach is one of my favourite maps, I play it most days with my bots.

Glad someone is remaking that map, was brilliant in nexuiz (except getting stuck on everything Tongue) but map design etc was great and so fun to play when it did get played!
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

(11-18-2011, 05:26 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: [Image: ez1797j36ec6gob7vsxr_thumb.jpg]

I love how this is coming along, keep it up Big Grin Hope it will be on the autobuild bsp server soon.

Fuun with mapping!!!
Space map here:
[Image: 7h6vhbksnxbo2cnfwevd.jpg]

[Image: yua2vpha8t73jy2yoed1.jpg]

(11-20-2011, 06:42 AM)Justin Wrote: Fuun with mapping!!!
Space map here:

Me like.

Ty. But now I ve got the problem. I used Game models. I resize them but in game their size is still the same as previously! Why?!
[Image: jql7r2dje3gwhe3h19a.jpg]
These big lights (models/lights/xonlight03.md3).

@Justin: Try misc_model instead of misc_gamemodel

[Image: 8m6bsur4x80afvvac8u_thumb.jpg][Image: v5cvd31mp2be6yfctkj7_thumb.jpg][Image: 1621ri0g1ltj02vhy60_thumb.jpg][Image: xebr0yz082gw8e7or3z_thumb.jpg]

The new Bleach looks like a step up from the old one.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Looks awesome man. This map was among my favorites from nexuiz, I'm glad to see it getting a facelift for xonotic.

exomorphed fites it really well, too.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I like the new Bleach! Though from some angles, it does look like it would need a bit more detail (like pictures 3 and 4)

Quote:Looks awesome man. This map was among my favorites from nexuiz, I'm glad to see it getting a facelift for xonotic.
this ^

keep up the good work!

My latest changes to bloom. Looks more like HDR in other games does, and is also less bright. http://dev.xonotic.org/issues/832

[Image: vea7h0td2varm0h56bs_thumb.jpg] [Image: aagdu94q0n9hgjdbfj_thumb.jpg] [Image: z2ipfy2c4zwhqt50isa_thumb.jpg] [Image: meg3gdbbluw9kg7cujs_thumb.jpg] [Image: l8b3wc9fwl78jab947ov_thumb.jpg]

Nice work!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,091 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,281 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe