Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

[Image: m6a8Lqol.jpg]

(02-22-2015, 04:40 PM)Morphed Wrote: ]http://i.imgur.com/m6a8Lqol.jpg

Oh god... please let this happen :O Also, cheers if you're back and planning to make new models for Xonotic again!

Unfortunately, this was an invested project specifically for Jeff's server (Jeff put 70 euros towards it, and currently does not want it shared).
Sorry to be the joykill, it is a shame nobody has time to do free work these days.
[Image: 230.png]

(02-22-2015, 08:34 PM)Mario Wrote: Unfortunately, this was an invested project specifically for Jeff's server (Jeff put 70 euros towards it, and currently does not want it shared).
Sorry to be the joykill, it is a shame nobody has time to do free work these days.

Ah. Shouldn't be surprising... it by far looked too good to be true after all Tongue Either way I'm certainly not one to judge... but if someone wants to put 70 euros into something Xonotic related, a way to improve it for everyone would certainly be best, rather than a private mod.

That said, if Morphed or other Xonotic developers take model commissions, I should someday put together the money to request something like this as well. For mainstream Xonotic though Smile Considering my financial issues, that day is very far away.

On the bright side, current Hagar doesn't look that bad (it looks very sexy on center view). I'd say rocket and crylink could use some improving more.

(02-22-2015, 10:03 PM)Smilecythe Wrote: On the bright side, current Hagar doesn't look that bad (it looks very sexy on center view). I'd say rocket and crylink could use some improving more.

Kinda reminds me of an abused AK47 or some other beat to hell weapon pulled out of a pile of scrap, someone's dead hands, or a swamp that for whatever reason refuses to stop working. The only real issue I have with the current hagar is that it's texturing is kinda blurry. The Crylink however is a different story, it's geometry needs smoothing out. As for the rocket launcher, I love the thing if anything, it's textures could be sharpened a little.

(02-22-2015, 08:34 PM)Mario Wrote: Unfortunately, this was an invested project specifically for Jeff's server (Jeff put 70 euros towards it, and currently does not want it shared).

Morphed's taking model bounties now? Interesting...
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

Jeff's server sucks anyways. What a waste
[Image: 38443.png]

What a tease, why not state it in the original post? =O Anyway, good job! Looks great, even though I agree with Smilecythe that hagar isn't the worst model. If we get new weapon models at some point I hope they all get remade by same or collaborating modellers so they look good together.

Great work, Morphed! Dobra robota! It looks so cool that I want one on my bookshelf
Where did you render it?

The weapon looks cool, but does not look at all like Xonotic to me. I am uncertain though if it is the style of the gun that seems not in line with Xonotic, or if the quality of the model just sticks out so much from the other models that it doesn't seem to fit in. Or is it only the renderer of the image? It's beautiful work, though if this ever makes it into Xonotic I fear it will require a remake of all other guns and even the player models in order to remain a consistent design.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

(02-23-2015, 03:37 AM)SPLAT Wrote: Jeff's server sucks anyways. What a waste

Thanks for your really nice coment about the server.

On the other hand, what is your server? I would like to inspire myself.

I'm experimenting with color level and saturation, sunlight and shadows.

[Image: 10ojnt0.jpg]

[Image: 9u215l.jpg]

Mixed two posts in one.

Cant edit my posts?

I'm doing my own version (for a second time) of a map that I like: "Death From Above" aka "PushMOD".

[Image: 50r88z.jpg]

[Image: 309isef.jpg]

[Image: x5wfwm.jpg]

Yay for scaled pushmod. Big Grin

If you post more posts in the same thread within few minutes (and no one answered yet) it will merge them into one.

[Image: EEZt0sm.jpg]
[Image: MCCouVo.jpg]

Yellow!! Yum-yum!!!

The image is not clear, but the geometry on the plan view looks tasty!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

Hahaha, listen to this: looks like CTF spirit!
[Image: 0_e8735_c58a251e_orig]

[Image: concept-cl2.jpg]
CTF/ONS or perhaps assault map. Thing I love about netradiant is the easy usage of brushes. No other software has so intuitive architectural capabilities. Thats why I will be coming back to it no matter what. Wink

Though there is a problem:
[Image: problem.jpg]
I have set two UV channels for every model I made (second channel was intended to be lightmap) and now netradiant reads the seconds channel as texture map! You can see the situation on the screenshot. If anyone knows the solution to this: Let me know! I don't want to remake UV from scratch. Is there a way to "tell" radiant which channel shall it use for texturing my models? These are .ASE btw

(03-12-2015, 03:06 PM)Julius Wrote:
(02-23-2015, 03:37 AM)SPLAT Wrote: Jeff's server sucks anyways. What a waste

Thanks for your really nice coment about the server.

On the other hand, what is your server? I would like to inspire myself.

No need to go cocky about having a server, this is not a game of who has a bigger server. Believe it or not some people have negative opinions about bad stuff. I joined once (and i believe the last time i will unless anything really good doesn't happen) i also don't like the feel of your server because it feels chaotic and has no balance in any aspect. Also it contains stolen content from about every fucking game there is (talking about inspiration).

Disregard my comment about your server since i don't have my own server and that is obviously the condition that needs to be fulfilled to be qualified to comment.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

Music 
Hey. I don't know if this violates rule #2 of the original post, but I've been making some icons for Xonotic. I see that most operating systems now have taken on a more, flat and minimalistic style with a colour pallete which just includes some white, a little gray, and some highlighting. I've done that flatification to Xonotic's current icon, ripped straight from the original icon's SVG file (again, not sure if this does violate rule #2). It ended up looking like this:

.png   RingBody.png (Size: 27.21 KB / Downloads: 169)

.png   Colourful-er.png (Size: 79.66 KB / Downloads: 164)

Has some transparency and can be viewed on both white and black backgrounds thanks to a drop glow - the only problem with this thing is that I have no idea which design is better, the B&W or the colourful one.

Edit: the reason that the second & third one is not transparent is because they are, true to the thread's name, screenshots. Consequently, that's also the reason that the second one has weird blurring artifacts - I just took a screenshot of it in Inkscape Tongue
Update:

.png   xonotic_flat_logo.png (Size: 65.86 KB / Downloads: 138)
I don't think anybody gives a crap at this point, but I've made the Xonotic logo in the same flat design.
(Also it looks like crap)

Nokko: +1 for working with Inkscape! The wings on the last one could go higher (like phoenix rises them), bottom lower (like angle or devils wings)

I will try to go very low poly (not much triangles to render) and easy on the textures and lightmaps. I learned the lesson from Quake competition and I simply put more care in performance now. Check those fresh screenies (I enabled showtris so you can see how simple geometry is) I just want you guys know what kind of style the map is in. I am thinking about plants... Mabye that would be overkill? All models, textures are done by my or are Xonotic!

[Image: concept-clouds2.jpg]

[Image: concept-clouds1.jpg]

Thanks for the criticism, Justin!
I'll work on getting the wings to look right. I think I might need to adjust the stroke thickness.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,093 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,301 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe