Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.37 Average
Screenshots of what you're doing.

snowy, snowy! go for winter theme i think, but yeah, the fog is too intense on that screenshot definitely.
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

Nice work on porting Warfare Big Grin What a coincidence... I also made it a snowy map when I ported it from Nexuiz to my VT game Tongue

+1 for snowy one.

Generally I like the warm sunsets, but...we really need maps with cold theme.
Good job, Maddin. Keep going. Smile

Maddin: As I like both themes a lot (even though theres the alignments WIP) I wouldnt be able to decide on which of them I'd like to play, nice one Wink

But keep a version of both themes anyway!

I like the snowy one best too Smile

And I really like what you did with the lighting and the fog, all competitive players will hate you for it, but I like Big Grin

if by cold you mean a yellow frog trapped in an icecube the I dislike it...why imageshack? why?

I think the snow one would be cool, it would give the map a new feel from nexuiz. However, Taoki already did a snow version of the map for his game, so it's a bit of a toss up. He would probably be able to help you with some of the snow effects though.

EDIT: another quick note, we barely have any snow/winter themed maps, so thats something to consider as well.
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

WE NEED ICE THEMED AND SNOW THEMED MAPS! Plus winter is my favorite season, so snowy gets my vote.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

(03-17-2012, 11:53 AM)[CCC]KINGSHOT[CCC] Wrote: This one looks very good. Looking forward to the textured version!

Your wish is granted Wink
[Image: 6jaxB.png]
(obviously only a UV test texture)

Maddin

Gosh it looks gorgeous~
Just don't forget to add outer trims to the grate on second pic since it doesn't look very robust if plainly cut and left hanging~

@poVoq nice to see i'm not the only one who likes wings 3d Big Grin

@maddin ... snow snow snow!

@ Maddin: We need a good snow map. Every shooter good has so we need one too Wink

we need the snow level from metroid prime...actually we need all levels from metroid prime...best futuristic nature level design I´ve seen in a game.

EPIC ICE THEMED MAPS ARE A REQUIREMENT FOR MEMORABLE GAMES. In the following games, the ice-themed maps are actually the high points of said games:

Sonic 3
Tribes 2
Metroid Prime
Tribes: Ascend
MechWarrior 2

Oh wait.

[Image: g3ybejjegchkblw0j4lj_thumb.jpg][Image: vqddvw8jy9p64q4ugsd_thumb.jpg]

wip stuff. good things are still to come.
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Another vote for the snowy map.
somewhere

http://i.imgur.com/3PlGS.jpg

Imgur Gallery

Woah! The map in that screenshot looks like it's got potential for some interesting gameplay. Cortez's map is looking very promising too.

Oh wait.

@cortez ... so thats whats under all the tech panels...

(04-02-2012, 01:08 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: [Image: g3ybejjegchkblw0j4lj_thumb.jpg][Image: vqddvw8jy9p64q4ugsd_thumb.jpg]

wip stuff. good things are still to come.

Remake/retexture of DM3 from ye goode olde Quake 1?

the Shadow: +1, very very big '+1'

I don't know what to do with the Xolourspace.map as I'm too stupid for using git and now I just started a new map. I hope that I can use git when this map is finished (if I will ever finish it). At this moment I have nothing(including a layout) except this:
http://pics.nexuizninjaz.com/viewer.php?...kwn311.jpg

I'm curious about what I will create.

http://i.imgur.com/XzXV8.jpg

Imgur Gallery

Looks good.

(I kill myself often enough without lava...)

Edit: Maddin told me to use curves instead of the brushes for building the wall. I had this idea too but I thought this looks good too. Before I will continue working on this it would be great if I can hear some more opinions so I know how to continue.

you would be suprised, actually. it's really easy to get out of the lava, because it's shallow.

Imgur Gallery

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [NEED HELP] Weapon shader isn't doing as I'm intending to do LegendGuard 0 1,104 04-04-2022, 07:23 AM
Last Post: LegendGuard
  Videos of what you're doing. FruitieX 134 154,735 04-01-2017, 04:50 AM
Last Post: SpiKe