Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
[weaponmodel] Sniper / Xonrifle

Saalam aleikum =)

I made some lowpoly gun over the last few days.

[rendered]
[Image: 4c6817c452e15.png]

[viewport]
[Image: 4c6818d5a87dd.png]

Info:
License: GPLv2
Tris: 2884
Use: Originally planned as Xonrifle (Oblivion already made a good one), but can be used as some sniperthingie too of course.

Download
Includes: .blend, textures. (7zip)

Maps:
Diffuse [2048²]
Specular [2048²]
Emit [1024²]
Normals [2048²]
Reflection [150² <- Not quite sure if Xonotic supports reflection maps, anyone? ]

[Image: 4c6833c7ec107.png]

Note: No shirt / pants map. This is mostly because I couldnt decide where the colors should be. Those can be added quite easily though.

It is NOT exported yet, I didn't do a git checkout yet.
It would ne neat if someone (with more knowledge regarding this) exports it for me though.

Best regards, Bommel.

P.S: Normalmaps needs perhaps some fixes, critics are welcome too.
.:| deviantartpage |:.

Nice Bommel!

Awesome. We could use this for the minstanex!

EDIT: I'll rig it today and put in game and yes there is cubemap reflections. More details about textures is located on dpwiki: http://dpwiki.slipgateconstruct.com/inde...ion_for_DP

i like it. A lot. Maybe because the barrel reminds me good old nex model, somehow.
And yes, this could do as a minstanex!

Bommel, your previous one ( i mean Lost's model, textured by some 'Sahib-guy' Tongue ), which i'm still using btw, sucks when compared to this ^^
<Halogene> ok "n1" means "nice one"
<Halogene> "gl" means "good luck"
<Halogene> "fu" means "wow that was wickedly nice that frag"
Frogg on Instagram

WOW!!! looks awesome!
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

I like it even more than the current nex model. Big thumbs up.

I'll have a branch up for this in the git repo called diabolik/minstanex tonight hopefully. Please give it a try when its up.

I'd like it for nex instead of minstanex. It's very pleasant to look at!
Mapper.

Yes, I think the current Nex model could be moved to minsta and this one could be the normal nex. The current one looks very, very high-power, while this one looks a bit less powerful. And both look awesome.

My only issue is the barrel length. Right now it looks a bit stubby to me. Perhaps add a few more notch-lengths along it?

I can't decide which one is better, this or Oblivion's model...

However, both of these must be included in game, other as normal rifle and other as minsta.

I like oblivions model much more, but this is nice. This one just does not look as professional.
[Image: jngsiggy.png]

Not bad, I'd vote for making it minstanex.

Looks like you might need to lengthen the stock though.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]

Haha well I got it in game, but weird sort of things started to happen. I'll let you know when i get the chance.

[Image: dm-6128192614912.png]

Ya so thats the weirdness

(08-15-2010, 12:14 PM)Bommel Wrote: Reflection [150² <- Not quite sure if Xonotic supports reflection maps, anyone? ]

Yes it does. Look at the other weapon shaders to see how. It's just a matter of adding one line into the shader, and a _reflect map.

Edit: Whoa, very nice model!
As you clearly have the talent, I'd like to invite you to this project: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=676
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

vede Wrote:Yes, I think the current Nex model could be moved to minsta and this one could be the normal nex. The current one looks very, very high-power, while this one looks a bit less powerful. And both look awesome.
^

Both look great, but this model looks better suited to being the Xon. I think Oblivion's model looks great, but it's probably more suited to minsta-nex given how dangerous it looks :o
[Image: vN3NkMA]
(Idea stolen from Mr. Bougo. Hehehehe)

Hi,

DiaboliK Wrote:Haha well I got it in game, but weird sort of things started to happen. I'll let you know when i get the chance.

Oh, this is most likely my fault. I modelled and textured it in Blender 2.5, and exported as *.obj to Blender 2.49 (taking .blend crahsed 2.49). This seem to broke the normals though,
Removing doubles (coming from the Edgesplit modifier) and recalculating normals (STRG + N) should solve this. Good luck & thanks for your effort!

FruitieX Wrote:Yes it does. Look at the other weapon shaders to see how. It's just a matter of adding one line into the shader, and a _reflect map.

Okay, I'll paint a reflection mask then, and look out for a decent cubemap.

FruitieX Wrote:As you clearly have the talent, I'd like to invite you to this project: http://forums.xonotic.org/showthread.php?tid=676

I'll push it on the ToDo Stack, Sir! ;-)

I think it's time to do a git checkout now...
See you, Bommel.

P.S: Yeah Kuniu, Sahibs brush their teeth 3x a day =)

(08-15-2010, 11:18 PM)DiaboliK Wrote: Haha well I got it in game, but weird sort of things started to happen. I'll let you know when i get the chance.

[Image: dm-6128192614912.png]

Ya so thats the weirdness

And could u (or anyone else) please post a caps where the gun is properly depicted?
Fat.bot.Slim

I'd make it the nex/sniper model (depending which gets used?) to be honest. Great work Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Looking good Bommel! Will be interesting to see in-game.

I think it needs more detail, honestly. This doesn't appeal to me at all compared to the current one.
[Image: jngsiggy.png]

Here is some update on the textures: <klick>
Added a reflection mask, should look a bit smoother now.

One questions about envmaps remain though:
Do i need to do the cubemaps myself, or are those generated automagically by the "envmap" command for each map?
For now I simply added a cubemap of 'warfare', just in case (might need some blur).

Updated viewport:

[Image: 4c695a0199d39.png]

*.blend has corrected normals too.

Bommel there seems to be a lot of faces missing as seen from the screenshot above. If you can fix that, that would be great. Or it might be bad normals.

DiaboliK, those were most likely bad normals (see my second post), just take the last pack.

@jngdwe: There might come some more details in the texture.

[Image: dm-4128197765811.png]

Fixed the bad normals.

I would reduce the scope size and not make it pure white.
(07-18-2010, 10:59 AM)Flying Steel Wrote: How could anyone with ADHD tell its a high damage weapon if it wasn't a gigantic metal cock fucking the map whenever a player gets within 3 meters of a wall?

[Image: di-712770583645.png]