Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 2.82 Average
Do not create website accounts on behalf of Xonotic

Exclamation 
If you have an idea of a website where Xonotic could post a game entry or spread information about Xonotic in some way, please tell me about it.

DO NOT CREATE A "XONOTIC" ACCOUNT ON OUR BEHALF.

We're putting effort into organizing our marketing channels, and that includes spreading information about Xonotic on certain websites. We don't want community members creating "Xonotic" accounts for us. We would prefer to do that ourselves.

Thank you

Totally agree.
When when Xonotic news are posted, they should be posted on all channels at once.
One example of the above is this: http://identi.ca/group/xonotic
The best thing to do is to ask the account creator to give the account to the moderators/developers of Xonotic. Practically change the account owner.

P.S.: Post the above message on Facebook and Twitter for those that do not stay in contact with the forums so much, or just missed this post.

Yeah, I created that identi.ca account for Xonotic. So that one is okay.

But if anyone has any other websites in mind, please tell me first before trying to create an account for the project. There are hundreds of websites out there that could be used for Xonotic announcements and information. I just can't get to all of them right now.

(03-28-2010, 12:35 PM)Dokujisan Wrote: Yeah, I created that identi.ca account for Xonotic. So that one is okay.

How come? Are you cyberkiller? 'cause cyberkiller is listed as admin and he says he created it.

Did you got access to the moddb page yet?
Xonotic Assasins!

Quote:<tChr^nsb> home
* pughar gives tChr^nsb a cookie
<Liquid-Sin> no cookies for me?
<pughar> gave the last one to him Smile
<Liquid-Sin> my luck...

(03-29-2010, 06:55 AM)Aleator Wrote:
(03-28-2010, 12:35 PM)Dokujisan Wrote: Yeah, I created that identi.ca account for Xonotic. So that one is okay.

How come? Are you cyberkiller? 'cause cyberkiller is listed as admin and he says he created it.

The nature of identi.ca groups is way different than twitter accounts. Anyone subscribed to the group can post to it (and everyone subscribed gets the messages), so there's no need for a special account.

Anyway, as I said: if anyone from the official team comes to me and says he wants to admin the group, that's fine with me. I made that group before this topic was here ;-).
My contributions to Xonotic: talking in the forum, talking some more, talking a bit in the irc, talking in the forum again, XSkie

Cool. Smile

Thats the spirit of....

collaboration!?

I do make a blog, I just wrote there about Nexuiz and Xonotic (it's all in polish - my primary language, the beautiful speach of my nation Smile), If you have an accout on wordpress.com, I might translate your news into polish and your accout could post them on my blog. How about that? Or I might place them by myself.

My blog is just starting up, I need time to spread it and gain readers but, how about me being official Xonotic newscaster on poland? Smile
I'm making Liblast - a FOSS online FPS game made with Godot 4 and a 100% open-source toolchain

(03-27-2010, 07:12 AM)Dokujisan Wrote: If you have an idea of a website where Xonotic could post a game entry or spread information about Xonotic in some way, please tell me about it.

DO NOT CREATE A "XONOTIC" ACCOUNT ON OUR BEHALF.

We're putting effort into organizing our marketing channels, and that includes spreading information about Xonotic on certain websites. We don't want community members creating "Xonotic" accounts for us. We would prefer to do that ourselves.

Thank you

I wonder if you'd consider a RocketChat channel for those who don't use Discord (Like myself).

(03-27-2010, 07:12 AM)Dokujisan Wrote: Longtime, no see, Doku. Anyone else still around that played Nexuiz? The original, not the reformed garbage.

-Daisy(SMB)
(Kill U. All)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Translation Website! (Help translate the game!) Samual 79 95,883 06-22-2023, 08:26 PM
Last Post: Muleke_Trairao
  Xonotic DeFRaG website Mirio 0 3,993 05-18-2018, 08:11 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  I Love Free Software website wrote a review! Pendulla 2 3,496 06-15-2017, 04:16 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Biggest Nexuiz irony; The Sexuiz website MirceaKitsune 10 15,774 02-01-2011, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Rad Ished