Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
[CTF] greatwall_revamped

EDIT: Original file was lost when Omploader died, RIP ugly map...
[Image: 230.png]

Wheres the wall? Tongue

I never liked greatwall and the remix was even worse. Big Grin Textures on ground does not look that good IMO. I hope the jumppad speed is not like in Nexuiz. Wink

What texture would you suggest for the ground?

You need to put a lot more detail into the ground and the structures - completely flat surfaces with no textural variation are pretty boring!
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

Ewww. Yeah change the ground texture to -anything- other than that. You may also want to break up a lot of the wall textures with trims they are all very samey. Also you seem to be missing a lot of the terrain that was in the original. Theres a program for making that... little java thing that I can't remember the name of. Look around on the forum theres a link somewhere.

Honestly I would say that you should remake the map completely different and from scratch. The greatwalls were never particularly great and a new and interesting take on the concept would be kinda nice. Just off the top of my head you could try mixing together nature/technology and use both grass and techy textures. Think borg assimilation thats only half way done. It would also let you use the terrain and texture blending which would make the map look a whole lot nicer.
Hey, want to learn to map? You might want to start here and here!

(01-23-2011, 11:47 AM)Sepelio Wrote: Theres a program for making that... little java thing that I can't remember the name of. Look around on the forum theres a link somewhere.
Img2map?

(01-23-2011, 11:47 AM)Sepelio Wrote: Honestly I would say that you should remake the map completely different and from scratch. The greatwalls were never particularly great and a new and interesting take on the concept would be kinda nice. Just off the top of my head you could try mixing together nature/technology and use both grass and techy textures. Think borg assimilation thats only half way done. It would also let you use the terrain and texture blending which would make the map look a whole lot nicer.
I agree. Maybe one base could be borg/techy and the other could be grassy/natural. You could make a custom skybox that's sunny on one side and dark on the other to enhance the effect.

Just make sure the map is symmetrical wrt brushwork and gameplay elements.
(01-05-2011, 07:17 PM)naryl Wrote: > Ubuntu is an ancient African word that means "cant configure debian"

Actually it's for "I can't install Gentoo".

damn. did not even have time to set up the betting for how long it would take before a Xonotic greatwall remix before there was a Xonotic greatwall remix.. Wink

from the screenies i can only agree with what most posters said sofar, it needs more work (especially that one-texture-ground).

Thanks for the replies. I'll work on it.

what about sevs grass for the ground?
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

Man whatever the original ctf_greatwall was like the best user-created map ever and was DEFINITELY made by someone who is not only a total artistic genius but is also probably very sexy and good in bed, too!

I'm just sayin'.

Any plans on finalizing this map? I love this map and would love to see it! =)

(01-24-2011, 11:03 PM)shoeberto Wrote: Man whatever the original ctf_greatwall was like the best user-created map ever and was DEFINITELY made by someone who is not only a total artistic genius but is also probably very sexy and good in bed, too!

I'm just sayin'.

[Image: oh-stop-it-you.png]
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Hahaha Big Grin

[Image: I+see+what+you+did+there+_deb23238c3c1aa...f9288e.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [DM/CTF] Sirlent (Soylent remake) (added CTF version) _para 7 1,668 01-01-2023, 01:03 PM
Last Post: _para
  [Vanilla, XPM CTF] antares-ctf1_b2 (Silica CTF) Antares* 0 2,149 11-30-2017, 08:12 AM
Last Post: Antares*
  Fickle-ctf [CTF] [ONS] nowego4 31 32,497 11-29-2013, 07:03 AM
Last Post: Mario