Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
Xonotic Balance Test Release

Nah, one XWIT event sure is enough to decide upon one balance, now we just need to push forward with it and adapt it.

I don't have time to reply to all of that today, but actually I do disagree with some parts of it. I also found it interesting that the majority of the feedback I received directly on my server disagrees with you on some other points (MOSTLY laser and shotgun).

*I* can't make a survey my self, I don't have that ability on wordpress - I need [-z-] to help me set it up.

It seems you've misunderstood my intentions with that post. I didn't want anybody to agree with me. I've just written down my thoughts, because you wanted to have feedback. So there it is. I found it interesting, that I've written so much positive things too about the balances, but you only comment that you disagree with me. Disagree with what? The pros or the cons?
Like I've said, I didn't read any statistics, and I might be below average too (my aim with every weapon was around 30-35%) but these are how I feel about the weapons right now, and I've gathered my suggestions, how I feel it'd be even more enjoyable -at least, for me. I might be an oddball, sure. Take in count that I've literally played hours on the Dallas sevrer (because every time I've went online, EU was 0/32), and writing that post took me more than an hour. But telling me you and everybody else on your server disagrees with me is just demoralising.
I've said it on IRC too, but I'd like to point out, that I didn't enjoy playing any balance of Xonotic/Nexuiz like this since pre 2.4.2 Nexuiz. I did enjoy playing during the weekend.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Actually nex feels just right now, it's not that strong and can still be used effectively in combos. The recharge is already 2 seconds, and it's max damage is 90, you must not fire the gun for at least two seconds to get that, it's pretty weak, BUT once charged you get at least one good shot before it becoming almost useless in a fight, keep in mind it will not recharge while you are using other weapons so you'll get minimum damage if you fire-switch-fire-switch
#deathmatchers

yeah, the nex is fine. mappers just need to be careful about its placement.

also, perhaps to make the charging of the nex more obvious, we could give it charging sound?
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

I'm going to put this release in the ppa when I build the packages. Of course I'll mark it as unstable.

https://launchpad.net/~lamparski/+archive/xonotic
(08-10-2012, 02:37 AM)Mr. Bougo Wrote: Cloud is the new Web 2.0. It makes no damn sense to me.

redownloaded and again: NOTHING! NO TEXTURES IN THE MENU! UNPLAYABLE BLACKSCREEN AFTER LOADING A MAP THROUGH COMSOLE! FIX WINDOWS BUILDS! MY LAST WORKING VERSION IS THE 0.1 CHRISTMAS RELEASE Angry
MY NOOB STATS:
[Image: 788.png]

(05-08-2011, 10:38 AM)rainerzufalldererste Wrote: redownloaded and again: NOTHING! NO TEXTURES IN THE MENU! UNPLAYABLE BLACKSCREEN AFTER LOADING A MAP THROUGH COMSOLE! FIX WINDOWS BUILDS! MY LAST WORKING VERSION IS THE 0.1 CHRISTMAS RELEASE Angry

I can play with my Windows comp with no problems. o.o

Maybe you should check your hardware etc.?

crysis 2 works! what could be wrong?
MY NOOB STATS:

might it be because of different windows versions? (just a thought)
Master of mysterious geometries

Imgur Gallery

Try clearing out your xonotic folder located in your My Games directory along with deleting (BACK IT UP JUST IN CASE THOUGH) your config file.
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

i have:
windows nt 6.0.6002 -> Windows Vista

trying the thing lee said
MY NOOB STATS:

it worked! Smile thanks lee!
MY NOOB STATS:

(05-02-2011, 12:33 PM)theShadow Wrote: yeah, the nex is fine. mappers just need to be careful about its placement.

also, perhaps to make the charging of the nex more obvious, we could give it charging sound?

Please no. A charging sound would become annoying after 10 minutes.
Put a percentage-counter on the model instead.
It wouldn't help people like me who play with r_drawviewmodel 0 obviously, but I see its charge on the crosshair.

why not something visual, but, please, please, please, NOT around the crosshair.

A sound similar to which it is used here could be efficient:
http://www.own3d.tv/video/30222/PCLCommentary_XVID_
Fat.bot.Slim

(05-15-2011, 06:32 AM)Rage_ATWM Wrote: why not something visual, but, please, please, please, NOT around the crosshair.

A sound similar to which it is used here could be efficient:
http://www.own3d.tv/video/30222/PCLCommentary_XVID_

This, the crosshair crap annoys me in games where it's forced. Making a panel that shows much ammo is currently loaded into a magazine (camping rifle, machinegun) as well as weapon charge (nex) would seriously help things visually, especially for those that turn their crosshairs off.

Oh wait.

For balancing I'm unsure about nex... here is what I care about

Electro must has the Fruit laser feel to it (where it shoots a steady beam)
No scatter on Hagar... (in nexuiz I use it for rocket sniping... btw why have rockets immune to gravity if they are just going to scatter)

(05-16-2011, 12:56 PM)hutty Wrote: For balancing I'm unsure about nex... here is what I care about

Electro must has the Fruit laser feel to it (where it shoots a steady beam)
No scatter on Hagar... (in nexuiz I use it for rocket sniping... btw why have rockets immune to gravity if they are just going to scatter)

There has been TOO MUCH HELL RAISED OVER THE ELECTRO. IT WILL NEVER GET THE BEAM BACK. Instead, there will be a seperate lightning gun being added to the game. As for the hagar, only the primary spreads, the secondary is dead-accurate and EXTREMELY devastating if you can paint a bead on your opponent, which I don't find too hard to do after playing a lot of Armored Core (I primarily use automatic weapons in those games). The primary is extremely deadly too, especially for medium ranges or flying opponents. You should try aiming low (think their feet or the even the floor) on an opponent with the primary and see how quickly you'll take them down.

Oh wait.

Lee_Stricklin, I know you don't use crosshair (and there's probably other people?) and so I'm thinking that for the charge/reload clip we could also have a progress bar behind the ammo panel.

Think I'm an exception to the crosshair thing, not the rule lol (only people I can think of that would do this are from the hardcore Q3A crowd) so it's not much of a priority. A progress bar for charging and magazines would be nice though.

Oh wait.

You do NOT use a crosshair?!?!?

WTF

How can you ever hit somebody with you nex?
How could you ever play minsta?
How can you hit people at all?

(05-18-2011, 02:05 PM)Mepper Wrote: You do NOT use a crosshair?!?!?

WTF

How can you ever hit somebody with you nex?
How could you ever play minsta?

Easy, put them in the center of my screen, the weapon model does a good job of pointing at the center of my screen.

(05-18-2011, 02:05 PM)Mepper Wrote: How can you hit people at all?

Don't let stupid things like crosshairs distract me Tongue Wolfenstein 3d didn't have them, neither did Doom, Marathon, Quake, Codename: Tenka (though this had an auto-aim), Turok Dinosaur Hunter, GoldenEye 007... It's easier to get a feel for the weapons when you play without them, I keep them turned off in most of my games including all of the Unreal and Unreal Tournament games as well as Quake 3 and Quake Live.

Oh wait.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Video Xonotic 0.8.2 Release Overview Antibody 8 10,821 11-16-2017, 12:03 PM
Last Post: zwz
  Balance changes in progress for "0.2" tZork 67 81,540 02-27-2011, 03:05 PM
Last Post: mepper[NoSkillsOnlyLuck]