Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Xonotic Quick Cup #12 (Duel/NA)

(09-27-2012, 10:33 AM)srkdy Wrote: Something has come up that requires me to be out of the city for the weekend. I cannot avoid it, so I have to post-pone this event by a week. At least with this, we won't be competing for attention with the other cup that was announced almost a week after this one, yet takes place at the same time and date as was originally planned.

The new date and time is: Saturday, October 6th, 1:00 PM EDT.

Sorry for any inconveniences that this may cause, and sorry for the lateness in this announcement. The good news is that we all have more time to practice! Wink

Sign-ups are now live @ http://xonna.tourney.cc/sign-ups/

Time to announce the second duel cup for North America! This tournament will be open to anybody that wishes to participate and will take place over the course of one afternoon.

Quick Facts:

Date: Saturday, October 6th, 2012. 1:00 PM EDT
1v1 XPM Deathmatch
Time Limit: 10 Minutes
Frag Limit: none
North American servers
Admins: srkdy, mudkip, galtath
Skill Level: ANY
Map Pool: Stormkeep, Aerowalk, Bloodrun, fe26, Bloodprison

We will be using the following servers for the cup:

[0.6] Atlanta 1on1 Server (XPM) 74.91.112.201:26000
[0.6] Atlanta 1on1 Server 2 (XPM) 74.91.112.201:26001
[0.6] Chicago 1v1 Server (XPM) 216.86.145.152:2600

The map pool was selected to keep a certain amount of consistency between this cup and the last one, while changing enough to have some variety. The two maps that were played the least(downer, drain) were removed in favour of fe26 and bloodprison.

You can find me on #smokebreak on Quakenet IRC (webchat) for any direct questions, or you can respond in this thread.

Previous Duel Cup Results:
1st place: [Image: caddjca.png] nifrek
2nd place: [Image: caddjca.png] srkdy
3rd place: [Image: us4ijl0.png] Bolwind, [Image: gbv1k53.png] kojn
[Image: 2823.png]

2 quick questions ...

the authors of fe26 and Bloodprison just released new versions of their maps ... should I use them? or the older versions on the ps server ...

::hutty reads admin list ...
huh? ... are you not using the ps server?
.. or is that admin of the contest ... not servers ...

Team NA, y u no play your Nationscup matchs.

I will probably play this one if not away at the weekend, will need to get some practice in Wink

Hopefully fisume will play, I would like nothing better then to potentially get the chance to beat him in a US tourney also.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

You should rather get your team together and play your Nationscup matchs (didn't you say last time you had the chance to play against Austria that you want to practise with your team before playing? Go ahead).

This'll be fun.
[Image: 2879.png]

I have been practicing my deathmatch ...

if the map has hagar ... or crylink ... watchout

(09-05-2012, 09:55 PM)hutty Wrote: 2 quick questions ...

the authors of fe26 and Bloodprison just released new versions of their maps ... should I use them? or the older versions on the ps server ...

::hutty reads admin list ...
huh? ... are you not using the ps server?
.. or is that admin of the contest ... not servers ...

This is the list of the quickcup admins (the people who will help me run the event itself). I haven't posted any details about the servers yet, as I'm still working out some details. If you are still willing to let us use your server, that's great. The newest versions of both of those maps will be used.

(09-06-2012, 05:21 AM)Fisume Wrote: Team NA, y u no play your Nationscup matchs.
(09-06-2012, 07:56 AM)Fisume Wrote: You should rather get your team together and play your Nationscup matchs (didn't you say last time you had the chance to play against Austria that you want to practise with your team before playing? Go ahead).

I don't see why this Duel quickcup can't co-exist with the TDM Nationscup. I've announced it this far in advance to help facillitate planning for players who will be participating in both. Why should anybody have to do one rather than the other? Also, isn't there a more appropriate thread to post nationscup requests?
Personally, I'm not involved in the nationscup. I was going to be, but then I remembered how boring TDM is. Wink

(09-06-2012, 06:48 AM)kojn^ Wrote: I will probably play this one if not away at the weekend, will need to get some practice in Wink

Hopefully fisume will play, I would like nothing better then to potentially get the chance to beat him in a US tourney also.

I look forward to it. Based on your skillset, I consider you to be a top contender and it will be fun to potentially go up against you again on my home turf Smile

(09-06-2012, 08:22 AM)Bolwind Wrote: This'll be fun.

I agree. Big Grin

(09-06-2012, 11:10 AM)hutty Wrote: I have been practicing my deathmatch ...

if the map has hagar ... or crylink ... watchout

Good news for you: 4 out of the 5 maps have 1 or both of these weapons Big Grin

Sign-ups are now live @ http://xonna.tourney.cc/sign-ups/

Have signed up should be fun, will likely be my last duel tournament in Xonotic. Goodluck!

(09-06-2012, 05:21 AM)Fisume Wrote: Team NA, y u no play your Nationscup matchs.

Mostly because PCL and I aren't available to play much.
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

Sign me up even though i have no chance of winning Big Grin

(09-14-2012, 12:12 PM)s1lencer Wrote: Sign me up even though i have no chance of winning Big Grin

sorry but you need to sign up yourself
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

(09-14-2012, 12:16 PM)Cortez666 Wrote:
(09-14-2012, 12:12 PM)s1lencer Wrote: Sign me up even though i have no chance of winning Big Grin

sorry but you need to sign up yourself

a smoke. person needs to approve it on tourney.cc

(09-14-2012, 12:27 PM)s1lencer Wrote: a smoke. person needs to approve it on tourney.cc

This is correct and I have just done so. Big Grin

We now have 8 people signed up for the duel cup:

mudkip, kojn, s1lencer, mirio, pclizard, galtath, bolwind, and myself.

Hi, I've removed myself from the tournament due to the fact that I won't be able to practice beforehand.
(I've recently moved across the country and don't have a desk yet)

So now you need someone else to sign up Big Grin

I don't think most of us get to practice beforehand anyway, there's never anyone on in NA to duel with :<
[Image: 2879.png]

(09-19-2012, 09:55 PM)s1lencer Wrote: Hi, I've removed myself from the tournament due to the fact that I won't be able to practice beforehand.
(I've recently moved across the country and don't have a desk yet)

So now you need someone else to sign up Big Grin
If you kept up with the NA scene, you'll notice that none of us have been playing either. Wink

Something has come up that requires me to be out of the city for the weekend. I cannot avoid it, so I have to post-pone this event by a week. At least with this, we won't be competing for attention with the other cup that was announced almost a week after this one, yet takes place at the same time and date as was originally planned.

The new date and time is: Saturday, October 6th, 1:00 PM EDT.

Sorry for any inconveniences that this may cause, and sorry for the lateness in this announcement. The good news is that we all have more time to practice! Wink

Not sure I can do that weekend, but will see, hopefully it runs smoothly regsrdless.

I have to say it was a little daft of Cortez to schedule the FFA tournament originally for the same date..not quite sure why that was done.

(09-27-2012, 11:07 AM)kojn^ Wrote: I have to say it was a little daft of Cortez to schedule the FFA tournament originally for the same date..not quite sure why that was done.
you know its all part of a big conspiracy
<Samual> I am the most unprofessional developer ever
<bluez> halogene, you make awesome music, but you have no clue about ctf.
<Halogene> I didn't know mappers include some mysterious waypoints so members of the BOT clan can navigate a map?
<divVerent> if you don't pay for a premium account, your movement speed is limited to 100qu/s

Can we please push the time for this tournament to a later time in the day, or at least make it on Sunday? I don't want to have the exact same problem I had last time when this tournament happened, which was that I had to take the SAT the same day. Everything was perfectly fine until it was postponed a week....to exactly the same day my next SAT test is. I want to play in a North American duel tournament at least one time.

Thanks,
-pcl

(09-28-2012, 01:30 PM)PCLizard Wrote: Can we please push the time for this tournament to a later time in the day, or at least make it on Sunday? I don't want to have the exact same problem I had last time when this tournament happened, which was that I had to take the SAT the same day. Everything was perfectly fine until it was postponed a week....to exactly the same day my next SAT test is. I want to play in a North American duel tournament at least one time.

Thanks,
-pcl

I meant to respond to this earlier but it slipped my mind. I explained it to you in the server but I'll post it here as well for others to read. I'm not moving the date/time again. I cannot accommodate everybody and I apologize to those who cannot play.

Check-ins open up in 35 minutes. We will be using the following servers for the cup:

[0.6] Atlanta 1on1 Server (XPM) 74.91.112.201:26000
[0.6] Atlanta 1on1 Server 2 (XPM) 74.91.112.201:26001
[0.6] Chicago 1v1 Server (XPM) 216.86.145.152:26000

The other NA Duel server (Paradox Space :: Washington 1v1 Server (XPM) 0.6.0 Server, run by Hutty) is missing maps so we will not be using it today.

North America Duel Quickcup check-ins are now LIVE! Sign up and check in @ http://xonna.tourney.cc!

Congratulations to PCLizard for winning the NA Duel Cup.

1st Place: PCLizard
2nd Place: Bolwind
3rd Place: Mudkip/Mirio

Thanks to all who played, including the high pingers (mirio, kuniuthefrogg, atn for 1 map)... I know how hard it is to play with 120+ ping Big Grin.

Also, special thanks to Mirio for taking over my duties with tourney.cc. Every time I'd go to the site, he'd already have the scores submitted! Mirio is the best!

Participants: Please upload your demos somewhere and send me a link on IRC.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RJZ Xonotic Duel League 2023 h0tc0d3 0 986 11-30-2022, 03:56 PM
Last Post: h0tc0d3
  Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 15 7,203 02-02-2022, 03:06 AM
Last Post: hotdog
  MAP POLL for the Xonotic January 2022 Duel Championship SpiKe 0 2,138 12-13-2021, 03:45 PM
Last Post: SpiKe
  ZenSports x RJZ 2v2 TDM cup #1 RazorDodger 0 1,235 08-18-2021, 02:12 PM
Last Post: RazorDodger
  Ranking Duel 1 Tournament | Xonotic League 20 Kotangens 3 2,555 01-08-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [FEFU] Xonotic LAN Duel Cup AriosJentu 1 2,170 10-12-2020, 03:08 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  ZenSports mock Duel Cup kanyeshrayz 0 1,813 09-23-2020, 04:57 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
  ZenSports Xonotic Duel Cup 5.000.000 SPORTS prize. kanyeshrayz 2 4,186 09-17-2020, 06:13 PM
Last Post: kanyeshrayz
Star DOXA TOURNAMENT - Xonotic 2020 DUEL CUP zeroql 24 16,072 04-26-2020, 04:08 PM
Last Post: zeroql
  3v3 CTF/Insta+Hook Cup Sl@va 7 5,454 03-03-2019, 04:48 AM
Last Post: Sl@va