Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 4.2 Average
Xonotic Australia Medley Season 2

Aaaand our next tournament has been announced, to start in 5 weeks (16th may). It will be in the Medley format which I'm sure most of you are unfamiliar with. Here is the announcement:
http://xa.org.au/events/news/7
And here is an explanation of Medley:
Medley competitions are designed to find the best 'all round' clan. It is in a best of 3 format, with 1 Duel, 1 2v2TDM and 1 3v3CTF. The player who plays in the Duel match for your team cannot play in the TDM. Maps are picked via elimination from a small map pool voted upon by entrants at the start of the season. You can read through the rules (http://xa.org.au/events/rules/7) if you want more detailed information!
[Image: forum.png]

Looking forward to the demos Big Grin

there are many maps i have made

Currently signed up teams are here. We're expecting 2 Bounty Hunters teams to sign up in the next couple of days, as well as a lzr team to sign up at the last minute.

(04-19-2010, 04:42 PM)Cortez666 Wrote: there are many maps i have made
not sure how this is related to the thread...

but thanks rabs for setting up/maintaining these tourneys

Its all happening. Our first week of tournament action is about to begin, and as such the schedule and maps have been released.
Full Maplist:
3v3 CTF:
vectorwars1r7, go, dance, hydronexb4, moonstone, dm_castle, mIKEctf2
2v2 TDM:
stormkeep2, The Fury Castle, toxic, industrial, f3dm1
1v1 Duel:
soylent, final_rage, stormkeep2, warfare, aerowalk (cpm22_nex_r1)

If you don't quite understand what a medley tournament entails, you can read about it here.

really.....go? ;c >_>

(05-16-2010, 02:10 PM)Agamalama Wrote: really.....go? ;c >_>

The pool we use is formed by voting from all the registered teams; I think that this is the explanation for the appearance of a couple of CTS maps in the pool that are less than ideal for competitive play.

However, maps for each individual game are selected by an elimination process; from the rules: "Both Teams pick 3 maps that you want to ELIMINATE from the map pool. The final map will be randomly chosen from the remaining 1-4 maps." So I'd predict that any sub-par maps will only rarely actually end up being played.
[Image: 769.png]

Yarly what hazzlepotato says is correct. But as I don't want to be tyrannical and just make the pools myself, we sometimes get maps that the more experienced among us don't enjoy! But yeh, with the Elimination method, none of the top teams will end up playing go.

I've obviously been cramming in too much poker the last week to understand who started the epic kojn signature thing! Explaiinnnnnnnnnnn harry_ftw!!

By the way, toxic in 2on2?? There are better maps :o
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

Here is the Season and Round 1 Preview. I warn you, it is a GIANT post.
(05-17-2010, 06:44 AM)kojn^ Wrote: By the way, toxic in 2on2?? There are better maps :o
(05-17-2010, 12:21 AM)harry_ftw Wrote: The pool we use is formed by voting from all the registered teams; I think that this is the explanation for the appearance of a couple of CTS maps in the pool that are less than ideal for competitive play.

argh s/CTS/CTF/g wtf

the keys are like right next to each other.
[Image: 769.png]

shiz nais preview rabs,

I should be able to play each week for pride, but i wont be in form for the first few weeks

new computer should be ready for this comp
[Image: 716.png]

(05-17-2010, 11:55 AM)harry_ftw Wrote: argh s/CTS/CTF/g wtf

the keys are like right next to each other.

I was excited for a minute Sad

really epic first round everyone, it was really good to get back into some competetive nexuiz/xonotic.

I'm liking the way the ladder looks after round 1 Big Grin

A big night of Tourney Matches yesterday, and here is where you can find all the news, scores and ladders! Demos will be up when I next take my computer to Uni (free, fast wireless = <3), which will probably be tomorrow.

demos are up, just click whichever match you want and they're (mostly) there.

Nice, I think i'll take a look at some of them got a long weekend off so would like to see fragging from you,aurix,harry_ftw and then some of the others for CTF Smile
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

I know I know you've been starved of a Review for TOO LONG!
Well heres the aftermath of Round 2 (as well as an overview of Round 3):

zero vs pride this week
HYPE

(06-01-2010, 08:13 AM)Trev_Nacho Wrote: zero vs pride this week
HYPE
can confirm is going to be amazing, I doubt we'll be able to fit euro/NA specs in but I will definately put the demos up (unless we get some epic jeanette up but I doubt it).

Round 3 has been completed (and Round 4 times/maps are up). Demos will be up tomorrow.

And now all the demos are up. All the demos are here, just click on the game you want (no demos for Round 2 cos I didn't have time SORRY).

Round 4 Review and Round 5 Matches + Deadlines: Demos will probably be up late this week (friday?) as I have 2 tests.

Round 5 Review and Round 6 Matches + Deadlines:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Xonotic Sunday Cups - Season 1 Mirio 50 35,855 05-30-2016, 10:58 AM
Last Post: boomboom
  XDL - Season #5 Mirio 115 64,665 01-11-2016, 12:25 AM
Last Post: Mirio
  XDL - Season 4 Mirio 98 72,476 07-30-2015, 03:10 PM
Last Post: kojn^
  Medley Tournament Mirio 16 13,883 11-11-2013, 06:04 AM