Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Future With Xonotic

I'm all open for discussion, but I prefer to keep it civil. If you need to know, that -1 has been building up for a while and has been triggered by that part with obscene language that I was named expressly in and that now got removed by another moderator.

Can't you see that the main disagreement with your posts is not due to what arguments you present in relation to the original topic, but HOW you present them? You turned this thread into something about you, not about the original topic. This is of course partly the fault of people involved, and I'll concentrate on staying on the original topic from now.
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Quote:Get someone to do the shit-filtering (development blog) for you and enjoy developing in peace.
Quote:And if you find a fitting shit-filter guy, you don't even have to explain/fight for your stuff every day.
Quote:Hire a shit-filter? And who the fuck in their right mind volunteers to be a shit-filter? How he will treat those posters? What will be defined as shit? Will Samual define it? He will simply ban everything he doesn't want to hear.

That would be me.
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

In general my opinion is that the main drive behind contributing to an open source project should intrinsic, i.e., the joy with the task itself and eventually building experience. You cannot expect fame or respect (other than self-respect) or any other kind of external reward for what you are doing. If it happens, that's cool, if not, no reason to complain. That being said, it should be obvious that attacking each other on a personal level does not bring any good to anyone. If you think you have a good plan regarding Xonotic, present it in an organized manner, try to gain the support of other community members and so on. If that does not work, no matter how good your idea is (in your own eyes), trying to enforce it somehow is pointless. Even if it is the best idea in the world, if you cannot motivate anyone to implement it then there is nothing you can do (well, you could learn to code by yourself). No one here has to do anything.

[Image: I7ZmZRM.png]

Quote:MODERATOR NOTICE: watch your pietrap cowboy! I don't care if it was a quote from a film or not, if you can't express yourself without swearing, just don't say anything.
Fuck you and your shitty moderating job, you hypocrite. Why didn't you suck my "swearing" down like you did with Samual's? Suck-up hypocrite. Two people called me a retard and you didn't even move an eyebrow.
Quote:That would be me.
...because all you can find near a cesspool is shit and shit related accessories.
Please remove me from the credits and from the menu.dat.uk.po file. Was nice working with you, DivVerent. I guess. I hope you wouldn't call yourself a shit-filter just to be someone in an open-source project.

There you go. Chill for a week, please.

I don't see anyone calling you a retard. If you're talking about PCLizard's reply, you have to know that this kind of stuff has been around for as long as I can remember from the alienTRAP forums. It's sometimes inappropriately harsh, but in this case I can't say you made any efforts to de-escalate the conversation.

I second the week-long suspension.

As for the opinion you shared, it's a shame that in this form nobody will pay any care or attention to it. I can sympathize with the feeling behind it, but certainly not with the way you chose to express it.

ouch gg

gg wp.

Quoting Jamerio in the Xonotic forums, seriously? What has this place become lol

I like how people see this as a victory, I would say he was a a quite successful in his troll. He behaved eaxtly in his last post as he did before while others got progressivly got more aggressive (like he wanted in first place).

Not that I encourage Harmata of course, just got suprised how this would end.

(11-13-2013, 05:23 AM)machine! Wrote: I like how people see this as a victory, I would say he was a a quite successful in his troll. He behaved eaxtly in his last post as he did before while others got progressivly got more aggressive (like he wanted in first place).

Not that I encourage Harmata of course, just got suprised how this would end.

Who exactly became progressively more aggressive towards the end, beside of Harmata himself?

Agressive was wrong word, but you get my point. Wink

Don't see it as victory, just got to wait a week for more entertainment. Tongue
(Or he realises he makes himself look like a fool :c )

Harmata: Also, I hope you see that I don't really ban actually. Cause I had the opportunity but did not do it. Wink So stop hating. <3

Ok, please stop.

I know I'm doing it right now too, but don't bump the thread, just to express "victory" (I'm not doing it either, I personally don't give a flying fox). Not to mention stomping on him while he can't even defend himself is just bad taste.

This thread has already stayed it's welcome. In case nobody has any more real constructive to say, I'll soon split the bullshit from it to WW, and move this thread and move to Sanity Island, as it's clear now it's just a playground for trolls.

(11-13-2013, 07:48 AM)CuBe0wL Wrote: Ok, please stop.

I know I'm doing it right now too, but don't bump the thread, just to express "victory" (I'm not doing it either, I personally don't give a flying fox). Not to mention stomping on him while he can't even defend himself is just bad taste.

This thread has already stayed it's welcome. In case nobody has any more real constructive to say, I'll soon split the bullshit from it to WW, and move this thread and move to Sanity Island, as it's clear now it's just a playground for trolls.

Oh man you just ruined my "trolling" post ....It was building up as an idea while reading all this "...beep..." and then reached to your final post and spoiled it . damn !

Why did you go serious man ?

"This thread closed as non-constructive and in bad taste." -Antibody-bot
asyyy^ | are you releated to chuck norris?

(11-20-2013, 11:22 AM)Antibody Wrote: "This thread closed as non-constructive and in bad taste." -Antibody-bot

Can't disagree with that.

If however you (not Antibody-you, but anyone-you) think that this discussion is not over and think you can add to it, open a new thread. Closing this thread does not ban further discussion from occuring on this topic, and this closed thread will not serve as an excuse to close further threads.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Future of Xonotic? anoob 10 6,917 07-21-2021, 03:20 AM
Last Post: Trinder