Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] Xonotic Demo Archive

Video 
So, ehm, wouldnt it be cool to have a page you could upload demos to? :o
There could be a frontpage with featured demos/matches, selected by votings or admins/mods.
And every registered forum user (or seperate accounts) would have its own little page with a list of uploaded demos and the possibility to add 1-3 small screenshots to the page of the single demo. If space is a problem, you could limit it and instead give the possibility to host it somwhere else and still list it on the page.

Maybe that would make more sense when the community is bigger.

So, what do you guys think? Big Grin

(03-11-2014, 05:48 PM)DauX Wrote: Maybe that would make more sense when the community is bigger.

This is the key part. I like the idea.
erebus minstanex erebus Angel

Sounds cool, little bit like http://www.esreality.com/?a=demos . I could probably try do something like this, I won't be hosting it though.

Theres no reason not to do something like that now, if someone can create it. Would also be somewhere people could access old or latest demls, different cups/tournaments etc.

Demos at the moment are fragmented all over the place, so a central depository makes sense.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

http://www.igmdb.org/?page=login

edit: But in all seriousness, this is easily part of the centralized map repository that i've been wanting to get deployed for years... Issue is that no one has both the time and knowledge to build it properly... So for now, it's merely a concept we can all desire until someone with the know-how actually is free enough to create it.
Do it yourself, or stop complaining.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Subfolders for the demo menu Smilecythe 3 4,617 02-11-2014, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Mirio
  [SUGGESTION] demo jump back? Rage_ATWM 10 8,423 06-20-2012, 10:49 AM
Last Post: K__
  [SUGGESTION] demo file browser Rage_ATWM 6 6,213 11-26-2011, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Sarge999
  [SUGGESTION] Xonotic Benchmarking demo Exitium 3 4,867 11-23-2011, 07:55 AM
Last Post: Sarge999
  [SUGGESTION] built in demo recording controls soze 14 13,295 04-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Last Post: vbraun