Create an account

Poll: Should We have More Aliens and Bigger Player Models like Mega Erebus?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
66.67%
6 66.67%
Kinda of a Yes And a No
22.22%
2 22.22%
I Don't Know
0%
0 0%
No
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] New Player Models and Sizes

Many of you know Mega Erebus and the other models but I think there is a issue with them.
All the other player models except Mega Erebus is small. They should be the size of Nexus from Nexuiz or the size of Mega Erebus.
And I think we should have at least more Alien Player Models Since We only have Gak.

The problem is Xonotic doesn't have a modeler whos readily available to just make new models at the drop of a hat.

There are already new models being commission by Morphed for the upcoming Invasion mode and they cost decent chunk of money.
[Image: 38443.png]

Yes, That is also and issue MirceaKitsune is like a ghost now and Morphed is here but not free.

And low motivation to add models, if in the end most players turn forced and full bright models on...

(11-09-2015, 07:36 PM)SPLAT Wrote: The problem is Xonotic doesn't have a modeler whos readily available to just make new models at the drop of a hat.

There are already new models being commission by Morphed for the upcoming Invasion mode and they cost decent chunk of money.

If you are referring to the monster models, well they weren't that expensive, $110EU per each one I think. Not sure if game model would be much more. I was going to get him to turn one of the Xon models into The Tick.
[MoFo] Servers - North America - Hosted in Montreal Canada - Admin DeadDred [MoFo]

Players usually aren't the ones forcing models, it's the default of the servers to use megaerebus in most cases.
This is simply because the other models are way too thin.
[Image: 230.png]

Yes, Servers mostly force it because the rest of the other models are too skinny.

@Beagle: .iqm as it is the newer and better supported format.

I think instead of making various new models, a really nice and high quality Megarerebus "reboot" with some customization options would be best. In fact I would remove all other player models then.

Edit: does anyone have a copy of 3D Studio Max and can convert the CC0 Tesseract model into a format that preserves the animations and can be opened in Blender? FBX or Collada com into mind.
http://tesseract.gg/forum/viewtopic.php?id=81
It's a pretty cool model, and I think the animations are quite a bit better than what Xonotic currently has.

Only models besides mega erebus that I found decent and fitting to the artistic style were terminus models: http://repo.null.media/models/xmdl-terminus_v1.2.pk3

I voted yes/no because it's not really necessary, but it's possible to have a better universal high-vis model that everyone favors similarly to mega erebus. Diversity in model customization is not an element necessary for the gameplay and most of the time you can't even exhibit your choice of models to others. What current mega erebus model could use as well is different levels of brush/texture detail that one can adjust, ranging from blocky/simple to beauty/detailed because what matters more than diversity in models is diversity in performance vs look preferences.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Allow models and sprites together Ashurion-Neonix 0 442 05-04-2023, 03:47 PM
Last Post: Ashurion-Neonix
Lightbulb [SUGGESTION] A NEW GAME MODE - HIDE AND SEEK! Kotangens 5 3,667 07-30-2020, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Kotangens
  [DISCUSSION] Xonotic and QuakeC: How painful could it be rewrite Xonotic in a new language? derrant 2 2,325 07-14-2020, 06:45 AM
Last Post: derrant
  [SUGGESTION] New toys not new any more? BuddyFriendGuy 11 9,142 05-07-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: BuddyFriendGuy
  [SUGGESTION] Input from a fairly new player fool 7 7,760 03-22-2016, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  [SUGGESTION] Weapon models and vehicle cockpit FOV independant from game FOV Lee_Stricklin 2 4,835 07-12-2012, 05:02 AM
Last Post: Mr. Bougo
  [SUGGESTION] Game-models to try for? MajorYokoyurik0 28 22,159 07-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Last Post: K__
  [SUGGESTION] gibs/corpses that dissappear on player respawn and subtle disappearing decals Lee_Stricklin 1 4,154 05-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Last Post: rocknroll237
  [SUGGESTION] Support for Quake 3 models Icyton 10 14,626 12-22-2011, 01:24 PM
Last Post: pontinius
  [SUGGESTION] To put or not put in the new weapon models, that is the question? Squigger 15 13,769 07-02-2011, 05:20 AM
Last Post: tZork