Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUGGESTION] minsta thread

hi there!

as far as i can see minsta threads are rather underrepresented so far. so lets make some suggestions regarding minsta gameplay.

here are mine:

1) the minsta-nex model is not the most aestethic. There are some community-made models, that are way better looking. for example there are 2 models made by redroom (see here and here or this thread) and one by bommel & lost (this thread).
maybe the minsta-xon can be one of those.

2) since v2.5 the game is way "less forgiving" when it comes to shooting near edges or corners, meaning that the shot is not always landing where the crosshair is. as i understand this is due to a geometrict correct mapping of the shot. in 2.5.2 this is indicated with a blurred crosshair, but it is still very annoying. unfortunately i have no idea how to improve that, except by centering the gun.

3) on most minsta server power ups are disabled. although i disagree the reason for that seems to be that they are over powered at least for 1on1s. except for the speed pu (the pink one), which sucks flat out.

any thoughts?

zypresse Heart

1) Really nice weapon models. You should propose them for the weapons.
2) I think disabling or "resolving" that thing is not a good idea. If it were possible to shoot anywhere, than a guy would frag you just by showing the top of his head. I don't know if you played Counter Strike, but that was annoying. You already get fragged really fast and you don't even see the guy.

This thing is happening because you can see over an obstacle because of where your eyes are, but the gun is lower than the eye, so it cannot see over that obstacle. The conclusion is that the current implementation is more like real life.

(03-26-2010, 10:16 AM)Aleator Wrote: 2) I think disabling or "resolving" that thing is not a good idea. If it were possible to shoot anywhere, than a guy would frag you just by showing the top of his head. I don't know if you played Counter Strike, but that was annoying. You already get fragged really fast and you don't even see the guy.

This thing is happening because you can see over an obstacle because of where your eyes are, but the gun is lower than the eye, so it cannot see over that obstacle. The conclusion is that the current implementation is more like real life.

I agree that it's more realistic this way, but some bits in maps were designed to be used as sniping spots, like the bunkers in greatwall reloaded. These spots shouldn't be completely unusable.
[Image: 370.png] AKA [~] John Smith on Nexuiz

-> 1 .. Like you see in this thread zypresse has posted, we also combined the both weapons from Redroom and Bommel/Lost ....
http://prophets.aforumfree.com/developme...330-60.htm

Same opinion as the most minsta players I know: It.s looking more aestethic like the default weapon do Cool

-> 2 .. I think it.s also a matter of configuration of antilag on servers. Some frags I get even not always hit where the crosshair is ....

Su

Would it be possible to include a number of different weapon models for MinstaGib mode? They would all behave the same but each player could pick the model they liked best. For gametypes other than minsta, a default model would need to be picked.

I have not played Minsta in a long time, but when I did I know I would have enjoyed that a lot. And then this ever lasting discussion about the look of the nex/xon/blahever would be over for good Smile
"Yes, there was a spambot some time ago on these forums." - aa

1) the currently used nex model in minsta is awesome, just great and I think it shouldn't be changed
2) I disagree, I think it should stay like that
3) I think powerups should be disabled at least in 1on1

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [SUGGESTION] Singleplayer ideas thread ThePWTULN 13 18,459 04-30-2013, 01:01 PM
Last Post: aa
  [SUGGESTION] Obligatory weapon balance thread!!111!!1!oneone! rafallus 48 40,249 03-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Last Post: .Danny.
  [SUGGESTION] 0 stars --> unrated thread unfa 10 9,166 02-15-2012, 02:39 AM
Last Post: kuniu the frogg
  [SUGGESTION] minsta CTF O.I.B. 7 6,462 07-04-2010, 02:27 PM
Last Post: O.I.B.
  [SUGGESTION] vote for this minsta changes XV22 19 22,160 05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Beefeater
  [SUGGESTION] minsta server XV22 4 5,266 05-13-2010, 10:00 AM
Last Post: Sepelio