Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Improving current balance (aka FruitieX's balance)

play game?

or it needs another 9000 line nerd essay......

OH IT DOES?

OHHHH....

oh

:^

Why can't you just leave the nexgun alone FINALLY. It's always Lee bitching about it's use constantly. If someone wants to use it long distances let them, the damage it does is fine as well as it's rate of fire, just give it a rest already and stop trying to force player's to not be able to use a weapon when they want too, always causes loads of hassle, falloff damage doesn't work, it sucks I agree with you there and is damn annoying.

I mean, UT had the sniper and shock, both incredibly strong but never do I see whine like I see about the nex in that game, Q3s rail can be used close or long range etc etc. Please just stop it.

Seems to be people get annoyed when someone has a good aim uses it.
[Image: 542.png]

#deathmatchers @ irc.quakenet.org

huh? someone said my name.. I could've sworn I heardz eet.

(02-21-2011, 04:06 AM)FruitieX Wrote:
(02-20-2011, 11:40 PM)Lee_Stricklin Wrote: due to it's slightly longer animtime and unnoticably longer switch time

Samual will notice it.

lol

set g_balance_nex_primary_animtime 0.3

Most other weapons share that same value (I must have changed it at some point and forgot) though a few of them are slightly lower. The refire however is a bit higher though.

set g_balance_nex_primary_refire 1.505

The above value combined with the charge feature gears it's usage to long ranges, making it hard to abuse in close ranges, but still keeping it powerful at long ranges. You can still start or end a combo with this weapon without much issue, though if you want to repeatedly combo with it, you'll have to switch your weapons a bit slower than normal.

(02-21-2011, 07:33 AM)kojn^ Wrote: Why can't you just leave the nexgun alone FINALLY. It's always Lee bitching about it's use constantly. If someone wants to use it long distances let them, the damage it does is fine as well as it's rate of fire, just give it a rest already and stop trying to force player's to not be able to use a weapon when they want too, always causes loads of hassle, falloff damage doesn't work, it sucks I agree with you there and is damn annoying.

I mean, UT had the sniper and shock, both incredibly strong but never do I see whine like I see about the nex in that game, Q3s rail can be used close or long range etc etc. Please just stop it.

Seems to be people get annoyed when someone has a good aim uses it.

Quake III's railgun is SUICIDE (long refire delay, and can't switch) to use at close range unless you know for sure your opponent's health is low. The sniper rifle in UT99 is a different story, but you usually need a good ping and fast reaction time to pull it off. In it's current state the nex is being geared for close ranges while it currently dominates long and extreme ranges. Gearing it to closer ranges makes the weapon an absolute nightmare at long range, can you imagine playing greatwall or go with the current nex?
ECKZBAWKZ HUGE LIST OF ACHIEVEMENTS GOES HERE....

Oh wait.

No I can't imagine playing Go or Greatwall, because they were quite bad maps. On maps like that you have to expect that stuff, one thing is for sure it was a lot worse in nexuiz (the nex) then it is now. Please let's move onto actually working on the weapons that need work, mg, hargar-hlac-seeker, new lightning gun.

Greatwall = bad map? You gotta be kidding me. Also what if mappers want to continue making open maps? There's no way any Tribes-style action will work with the rifle, I can tell you that right now. Shorter maps such as Frozen Colors work perfectly with the rifle, as does Mini Deck, but something like Greatwall wouldn't. Also I'm going to take a guess and say you fall under the "pro" crowd of players. Historically speaking, I've always known those crowds to push for balances that favor their playing style as opposed to actually being balanced.

Oh wait.

They can continue making open maps, but seriously what do you expect on such a vast open space with jump-pads and easy to follow, ofcourse it's going to be hitscan dominated regardless if you put a sniper or rifle on there isn't going to change too much.

A hit scan weapon is supposed to dominate those situations because that's what they're geared to. They however shouldn't be an absolute nightmare to run into though, like they were in 2.5.2 or in balanceFruit. The real problem I have is them being absolutely insane AND can dominate in EVERY SITUATION.

Oh wait.

Your insane.

(02-21-2011, 02:34 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Your insane.

haha. +1

(02-21-2011, 02:34 PM)kojn^ Wrote: Your insane.

This quite sums up everything about balance discussions.
Links to my: SoundCloud and bandcamp accounts

nerds

This quite sums up everything about balance discussions

:p

nerd quote: " lets write an essay! , just 4 fun! wooooooo!!"

disscuss^

:^
!spkell too

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bot AI and balance/physics configs Lee_Stricklin 9 10,396 02-16-2011, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Lee_Stricklin
  Gameplay balance and the pro vs noob argument Dokujisan 41 45,098 02-07-2011, 11:49 AM
Last Post: Flying Steel
  balance thread #247 Rage_ATWM 8 10,289 12-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Last Post: FruitieX
  Lexicology of Balance Sir Emeth Mimetes 4 5,060 11-25-2010, 07:58 AM
Last Post: Sir Emeth Mimetes