Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scratching an itch

Hi,

First I've chosen "Toasterific" as my handle, should you meet me online. I'm from Quebec, Canada, so I speak both French and English.

Used to play mostly CTF/Instagib when UT2004 was young, but then so was I at that time (yeah, I'm getting old, and the "toaster" bit refers to my few grey hairs, as in old toaster). For a brief time, I was in a clan, but that was short lived, as my life got somewhat incompatible with the requirements of a clan. Don't try to remember me, because I never was well known, and changed names for the fun of it. Never heard of Nexuiz until my more steady use of Linux, but never got to really have time to use it.

Since my life is a little calmer, I thought of trying my rusted reflexes on a new FPS, and got to Xonotic. I just tried a few games, and I love it. My only problem is that servers seem underpopulated in my area, but I'll get my friends to try Xonotic soon enough! The few I have met didn't seem to find me... restfull, and I fear I'll be out of strangers to meet very soon.

In any case, I'm looking foreward to more gaming on the top notch FPS that is Xonotic. I'm sure I'll have a great time!

Welcome.

Maybe you should join #xonotic and #xonotic.pickup @ QuakeNet in IRC. There are people from North America who want to play. Smile

Hello Big Grin

Welcome and yes, the #xonotic and in particular #xonotic.pickup channels are a good way to find some action, especially since we already have a couple of NA players lurking there and patiently complaining every now and then about the lack of NA players for pickup matches. You'll certainly find at least someone to duel there :o)
My Xonstats Profile
Latest track on soundcloud: Farewell - to a better Place (piano improvisation)
New to Xonotic? Check out the Newbie Corner!

Hey!

Hello and welcome to this addictive kind of losing your time Tongue

Nice to see that there are other players in advanced age, which play this game Cool

(09-21-2011, 07:18 AM)RaptorFX Wrote: Nice to see that there are other players in advanced age, which play this game Cool

Thanks for the IRC suggestions. Odly enough, I never have used IRC in my life! I guess I have a reason to use it now. Last evening I was lucky enough to get a few games going with actual people in it, without IRC. I had the expected "great time" I was hoping for!

A big thanks to those who built and continue to develop this project.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  yet another guy needing an itch to scratch Ravetograve 7 5,303 09-21-2011, 12:11 PM
Last Post: mand1nga