Create an account

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oh hai thar

Smile 
Hello everyone! I downloaded Xonotic last night and I'm very impressed. It's a huge step up of Nexuiz (edit, yes I see your point Justin, should've played it more before making statements :3). I guess I can consider myself as a noob to Xonotic because of the new physics, but I adjust quickly to things so I should be fine. I've been playing Nexuiz since 2.3 under the name ShooterMagavan. I now go by Thoth and on Xonotic you will find me playing under the name BlindNinja.

I currently have two computers sitting around doing nothing. One of them needs a little fix that I will get around to later and the other is fully functional. Reason why I'm telling you this is that I'm willing to host servers. I'm fully aware that there are several servers but not many that seem to have good ping for me (I'm located in Cali, SD). Give me some suggestions as to what game-types to host. I know CTF is a big one, but I wanted to host some of the other game-types as well.

Anyway, see you guys in-game! Smile

Welcome to the scene BlindNinja, and welcome to Xonotic!

I'm glad you want to host a Xonotic server, we'd realy appreciate that. However, note that a good server needs high bandwidth avaible all the time. I'd suggest you to use the git (development) version of the game for server, as that's the easiest way to upgrade it from time to time.
For tips and tricks in server hosting, you should join #xonotic.pickup on irc.quakenet.org, there you can find a lot experienced chaps who can give you some hints (and not just in server hosting Wink ).
[Image: 561.png]
"One should strive to achieve; not sit in bitter regret."

Welcome to Xonotic! Everything's fine but "nice little step up" sounds like you underestimate this project! If I were you I'd say: HUGE step up (even considering usage of "immense").
I suppose it works in the opposite direction: After a while of plaing this game you realize that there is no way to go back to Nexuiz.

Vids that might be usefull for u:
POST EDITED (Movement tutorial was a bit out of date)
My tricks video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAq3VSJtL...er&list=UL
And example of duel commentary (by Antibody):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_QUxA8_mpI
Also (epic) movie by Kojn (featuring clan DMs):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6z3rGsoKdQ

I hope I helped you somehow.
As you said: Cu in game! good luck!

Welcome.

Welcome to Xonotic Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post